What's the most brain blasting discovery you've made in co-op?

Yep they really do.
Also in OE, if Tyrannozor have spike carapace and use spike Barrage on trains with diffusion it causes massive lags.

Being able to put Protoss speed boosts on Zag’s Baneling nest to give more free units had me quite happy when I realized it

On Dead of Night you can damage untargetable debris with Earthsplitter Ordnance’s Bombardment.

1 Like

On Oblivion Express, if you Fungal Ensnare and kill the air units too fast while they spawn (mostly with protoss warp-ins), you’ll end up with untargetable (but apparently vulnerable units) that will basically chase you down.

Adding another layer to the mind-blasting-ness, while they can’t be ‘attack killed’ conventionally, you can use some abilities to gun them down still. One such example is if you are Abathur, you can use Corrosive Bile to aim at them and still kill them lol.

Things that’ll surprise you in coop after years and years and years.

1 Like

Yeah, a Stukov revamp update mentioned they can now be used on Heroic units, as a buff to Queens. If it’s the killing blow, you’ll also get the 2 Broodlings. So his version of Yamato Cannon. It works against every thing now, contrast to Sc1 where thematically, the target needed a biological unit to fertilize (e.g. tank driver, or the Protoss in the Dragoon suit). But here, it works on pure mech units like Reavers, and ofc air units too!

1 Like

Not brain blasting but just weird. If you Dehaka devour a Viper with Just Die mutator on, Viper will ‘stretch’ to the direction.
This happened in Shir Chaos 4 me.

1 Like

Yep . It sucks for my boy Artanis. His only unit with bonus for light is Phoenix which are useless at killing the buildings. His best units dragoons, and immortals do bonus to armor.

This remind me: today I ate with Dehaka an unit that happened to be targeted with Kerrigan too, so Kerrigan’s lightning followed the unit all the way to Dehaka.
I wonder what’s the craziest effect that could be observed like that.

2 Likes

Concentrated Alarak’s wrathwalker blasts come into mind.

I made an accidental discovery while doing this week’s mutation as Nova P3. If you drop spider mines in the path of enemy attack waves… they will stop to attack them, but because the spider mines break really quick they will not spread out very much. This allowed me to land perfect airstrikes continuously without the enemy dodging them.

Novas air transport can also transport H&H magnetic mines when they build up.

A great way to move them into a better Position if your ally missplace them.

The mind blasting part is your ally misplacing the Magmines. A basic and rudimentary skill of HH.

I cringe at the thought of wasting 200min to “better place them”.

While it’s amusing that Airlift can move Magmines, it is almost never productive to do so. Honestly, more often counter-productive when a bad Nova, without realizing, moves some well placed Magmines elsewhere. That’s the kind of brain blasting that hurts lol.

Not brainblasting, but occasionally very useful:
You cannot buy weapons for Mensk troopers while in a bunker.
However, if you calldown a bunker on dropped weapons, the bunkered units pick them automatically without exiting.

1 Like

I once had an Abathur ally on Malwarfare that put his toxic nests far in the south-west corner, far from the action, deep in the starting location. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen those for sure too. Also seen similar players as Abby (and otherwise) placing nests/defences on OE above and below main.

Like that’s half the track. What are these people even thinking?

• Mission objective - kill train.
  • Interpretation - let train run away for 50% of its track, then engage.

Then the same people complain about how other players “steal their kill”. This issue is most prominently seen on TotP as well, where nests are all over the main and past the ramps, but none are below ramps or further down the lanes. #facepalm.

It is possible to cast Void Stasis and Infestation on the same target (the timing was tight, so I’m not sure which came first).

And for fun:
Death from above!!!
https://imgur.com/dRsBI9Q

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but if you get Regenerating Biosteel, your mech units actually gain the “biological” tag and will be able to get healed by medivacs and such.

Are you sure you weren’t just watching a Hellbat?

1 Like

Pretty sure my wraiths were the ones getting healed

Are you sure it was a medivac (Mengsk) and not a Raynor Medic?

1 Like