"What's the counter to this a-move imba unit?"

no offense,
what is your 1v1 experience? what mmr range are you in?

and how do you start your game? macro oriented, timeing push, cheese

as i said i dont play 1v1 often, please learn to read.

but you have mmr? i mean even as unranked you can say i play ~ mmr.

been a while since i played 2v2 or so, but how big is the diff there ?

right now my mmr for 1v1 sits at 2325 bronze 3, for 2v2 its currently 2780 bronze1 rank 8, and my 3v3 sits at 2603 gold2, which as of right now ive played only a handful of times since the start of this season. 3v3 got too many tkers running around last season as well the afkers who start the game and do nothing. Kinda got old, went from plat1 rank 1 at the begining of last season straight to gold mmr in a matter of about of week worth of straight loss’s just getting bad teams. So went over to the 2v2 bracket and started working that last season and was up to gold by the very end, just to get shoved back to bronze when do the placement match this season.

Anyways, you asked about how my play style is. Mostly how i play is i try to eco boost as fast as possible. Mainly just 16, hatch, gas, pool, then pound out workers till the pool pops, then queen for both hatchs. and build a few rounds of lings for d, while i wait for the hive to finish while also takeing the third by now. as soon as hive finishs i drop both a spire and hydra den( especialy if toss is on the field, if its terrans and zergs, then just my spire). If i havent got attacked by now ill continue filling my third base with workers and grab my 4 and 5 base now at the same time while im filling up workers on the third, this is with all six gas going. By now my spire is finished and i always start my first upgrade and drop my second spire and infestor pit. i usually have about12-1500 in gas with maybe 4-500 min in the bank, this will be where i switch straight to pumping out my mutas untill i run out of gas. Also by now the 4 and 5 have finished, but i only take the gas on those and depending how fast i want to pump mutas out and the map, i usually take a sixth base for gas. Again i usually dont put out any d, unless i know terrans going bc or if there is pheonix on play ill build a cluster of spores and pile all my overloards onto the cluster with the creep going so that the pheonix dont see the spores if they come for the overlords. Anyways, by my first hit which is roughly between 7-10 min i usualy go with as many mutas as i can build by now, 20-30, and if i kept up on upgrades usually finishing up 2-2 by this time with my hive finishing up as well. If its toss i go straight in to the pylons and target them down, from there the workers, and then the nexus itself, if the oppenent hasnt ran his workers away ill just target down the nexus and let the ricochets kill the workers. If there is no d defending the bases themselves i usually just skip all that and kill as many workers on the field that i can, stay ahead of there troops as much as possible, while im doing this im constantly building my mutes and having the new batchs rally to the opposite side of the map that im running to with my first batch of mutes. When i have led the enemy to that way i run them off and back to where my next batch is waiting while taking that batch back on through there bases until i hit there armys coming back where then i turn around and bring them back to where the old pack of mutes awaits and usually join the armys and take out as many of there crap as possible. If there is bcs or carriers on the field ( depending on how many at this time) ill start spamming the poop out of the corrupters, which i usualy have enough money in the bank by then to pull a good 30 -40 in one go, depending on how i do with remembering to continue to build mutes as they die off.

Again this is all with a good team mate that knows how to keep pressure on the other team as well as keep everything from our door step. Also again this is if I go air, thats my general strategy. You cant just stick to one strategy and that be it tho cause youll never be able to counter the different things they throw at you. Like me im not really great with zerg ground, i tend to get my army trapped and killed off, hence the reason i like mutas, which i have the best control with out of all the zerg units, kinda use them like marines and stutter step alot. I am pretty good with hydra, but again everything in this game has a counter. and you gotta build acordingly. Good scouting is the key. If you gotta sacrifice an ovi to scout then thats what you got to do. A war fought with bad info is doomed to fail.

on another side note, out of all the races, i find zerg air to be the hardest to fight against as a zerg. I would rather face the golden armada any day of the week then another zerg air player. as for going against terran air, thats the easiest, unless you get hit with a bc rush before you have a spire or hydra den finished.

i admit when it is obvious that it is skytoss, it works out that i can quickly go to mass air and keep toss small.
but once he has a certain size it doesn’t work anymore at least for me.

you just have to get better, it works. Again, sky toss is freaking easy.

I may also stomp skytoss at 2.7k mmr. I may have to drop in mmr to make it work again.
but that would be smurfing. so also not a real solution.

how about just get better at focus fire you dummy, no need to tank mmr to get better, thats just stupid. If you cant counter toss air then you should just probably quit the game.

i wonder what’s holding you back when you give so many tips.

what do you mean by that?

if skytoss is so easy for you, what keeps you on plat. early attacks, mirror zerg, unlucky partners, mass gate?

Okie dokie, lets explain some things to you. First off read, already stated what holds me back. Secondly this topic was about SKYTOSS, more specific how to beat just carriers, not every other thing in the game. I said skytoss was easy, i did not say that ground toss is as well as terran ground or for that matter zerg ground. ONLY STATED SKYTOSS IS EASY. Third, what the h does me moving up in the ranks have anything to do with SKYTOSS. Dont know why your even bringing this up in a topic about how to beat them, when it doesnt even pretain to the conversation.

just find it interesting, you say “don’t cry”(a good tip) “skytoss is easy” and the best:

I simply refer to:

according to your statement, people who play Bronze-Dia even GM should stop playing the game…

as i said, thanks for your tips. maybe you should stop smurfing.

LMAO, I definatly dont smurf dude, i play to gain ranks, not to drop down to lower.

btw if you want me to show you how to kill skytoss your more than welcome to come join in 3v3 or 2v2. Just saying.

hydra festor w/ microbial shroud. fungal bigger batches of stuff. dont engage unless you’re in an arc since the shroud is huge and you want to avoid disruptor shots.

BUT HIGH TEMPLAR

Lurkers, you dont even need that many. Put your queens also in the batch if you’re scared. Shroud cuts the dps in half, 3/3 will handle the rest. extra mins to spine + spore for chargelot DT runbys.

Source: 17 time Z master 1v1

so your response to a IMBA unit that can attack ground and air, outrange your static defences and A move straight into your base…
your decision is to devote your entire supply count into units that cannot do anything BUT attack air units.
and then what, hope for no zealot run bys or any other units of any kind?

I think this is where the “mass static defences” come in, where we allow carriers to engauge and then controll 3 spellcasters as we possition our forces for a perfect surround.

when is it going to dawn on you that the people complaining about balance aren’t just bad at the game…

1 Like

But they are. The 3 Guys i Always See crying are Like max 3k mmr Players. Thats Just above average and therefore they have so much to learn. They are very Bad and it Shows exaxtly Here:

This is hilariously Bad. I was talking about the Case of a Turtle skytoss Player. Someone who spends all His Money on defense and teching Up into Tier 3 to Mass Produce one of the Most expensive Units in the Game. So do you think He has the Money to Tech Up to t3 to build shield batteries and cannons and also Go heavy Gateway ground Upgrades?? Do you even play the Game ?
The reason why i mentioned it is because that was the Most Common playstyle in skytoss Patch and got played by pros and zerg pros Often shut it down easily by also rushing Air. Seems pretty logical No? To Beat a Carrier rushing Guy with an anti Air Rush ?

The Thing is we know Most zerg Players are Just very Bad at Dealing with Carriers because they cry about a unit that gets absolutely destroyed by corrupters on Same value. 5k value Carriers get destroyed by 5k value corrupters. Even in Ultra lategame its still very much possible to Deal with Carriers If you use Viper. Either Abduct Carriers or do the lowko maneuver. I Hope you know what that means. I mean you are a very good Player arent you ? :stuck_out_tongue:
Also If you have a Problem with ground after going for Mass corrupters: broodlords can be morphed Out of corrupters and counter every single ground toss unit. Just saying…

Im Always fascinated how good everything Sounds in theory by a 3k mmr Player. I Coach a 3k mmr Player myself. Im pretty Close to him. Watched a Ton of His Matches and tried to Help him.
And then 3k mmr players Play and it Hurts my eyes and brain. They Talk all day about how good they actually Micro and that they actually Play Well and then you See the replay where they a moved banelings into marauders and missclicked on banelings to let them explode while having 4k Bank and 3 larvae and full Energy Queen on 2 base.

Just watch harstems iodis to get a better Picture of It.

Long Story short: even for very Bad Players (3k or below) its pretty easy to Deal with Carriers If you use Focus fire as Carriers will lose to its counters on even value. You are Just much worse than you think you are and you have to practise very very very much.

1 Like

im honestly just going to skip over the rest of what you said because you started out with something ludicrous.

most “turtling skytoss” begin with gate way units, you are talking specifically about players having problems dealing with a guy who went straight to air, and neglecting the broad range of players having problems dealing with carriers in general

this seems to be what you guys do, you hear complaints, then twist it all up and around into something you perceive as our problem, rather than listening to what we say the actual problem is.
like saying carriers are no problem because u go mass corruptor???

did you miss the 9/10th of my messege where i am explaining you cannot just go all corruptor and have 100 supply devoted into units that can only attack air?

oh wait im so glad you told me broodlords exist, because clearly i wasn’t aware that i can morph my devoted anti air unit, into a devoted anti ground unit.

this doesn’t in any way shape or form prevent my opponent from sending zealot run bys past my corruptor brood lord based army.

remember the entire complaint here is that i have to bust out 200 apm to defeat an opponent a moving carriers into my base, and a moving zealots into my expansions?