"What's the counter to this a-move imba unit?"

please stop drinking and posting. What you said is incomprehensible

Bruh i don’t drink at all

first off dude, not your bruh, second if you werent drinking, please go back to school and learn how to make proper sentances that people can actually understand what you are saying.

1 Like

I’m by no means an English native but I’m pretty sure “sentence” is spelled “sentence”.

no matter how you spell a word, it still sounds the same in your head when you read it.

That may be accurate, but I still somehow feel like you should speak proper English before you start flaming people specifically about the way they speak, and especially if you’re telling them they need to go back to school as well.

dude did you read the post inquestion, its sounds like the dude is drunk, it litterally makes no sense whatsoever.

and im not flaming him for the way he speaks, im flaming him for sounding like a drunk incoherent baffoon.

What he wanted to say is that carriers back then were much stronger and nowadays they even die to marines.

I guess mostly he aimed at the graviton catapult nerf.

Versus mode was never meant for casual players. If you wanted something less stressful to play, there was custom/arcade, single player/campaign, and more recently, co-op. The main attractor of Starcraft 1v1 is how competitive and difficult it can be. It has no obligation to be dumbed down just because a bunch of crybabies want an easy game. If you want an easy game, go play Fortnite or something.

The other option is to just enjoy the game and not take your rank seriously.

1 Like

A couple of fully charged vipers can pretty much wipe out all of the carrier interceptors. You could also have two groups of corrupters, a larger group and a smaller group, use the smaller group to hunt void rays that get into the fight, or help with the carriers. The more carriers they have, the fewer VR they can field. Your back up group could be some mutas w/ the vipers.

Well, maybe you’re right.
Maybe as a biased Zerg player who isn’t very good, my opinion on the matter isn’t worth a whole lot.

Let’s hear what a pro player who also happens to be a Protoss main has to say on this specific issue:

2 Likes

I want to backtrack a little. If there’s one thing I’m absolutely baffled by, it’s the fact that units do not automatically target the carrier. They target the interceptors ALWAYS before the carrier. In this regard, I 100% understand the frustration, and it would go a LONG way for both Terran and Zerg if their units could prioritize killing the carrier over the interceptors.

In co-op and campaign, I think it is the default for units to target the carrier first. It is 100% an easy fix for versus as well, and something they should have absolutely implemented a very long time ago. There’s no excuse for this to not be in versus at all. I could get behind the claim that this is one of the silent killers of the game.

But what about the cases where you don’t want the unit to target the carrier first? Simple. Set carrier priority target to units like corruptors, vikings, thors, etc. The bigger units. It’s usually the smaller units that want to go after interceptors like marines. I could make a list, but you get my point.

So while the units may not be entirely broken, the amount of effort/precision required for Zerg to deal with a skytoss army while Protoss just a-moves is definitely an issue.

3 Likes

We don’t expect anything else. :kissing:

True. I mean i dont think this will change anything since everyone above gold league should have focus fired them anyway. If you run around with a move in lategame you will always lose, rightfully so. You cant a move vs banes, you cant a move vs tanks, you cant a move vs broods or lurkers. There are so many things which outright punish a move, so i dont actually see how carrier priority will change much. Its more of a qol change. And thats fine.

Not that im aware of. If they have good range, theyll target the carrier before it launches interceptors, which means vikings and the like tend to go after them, but they dont specifically target carriers over interceptors.

even pro player toss find skytoss lame.

Harstem also says it: one control group void carrie in GM lvl aka “good player”.
harstem wants something like zerg and terran. a visible difference between low GM and top 25.
the last patch brings him a little closer to his goal.
the skytoss style is still popular for bronze-low GM… too bad.

with other units you can see the prio as well. Lib attack Ultra > ling or Thor: air > ling. imagine that would be different.

Also tiny correction. Maybe it’s not a thing in co-op or campaign, but it’s definitely something you can do in the editor/arcade. Direct strike has carrier target priority. Maybe that’s where I’m remembering it. Regardless, pretty simple fix.

I think if that kind of fix were to go through, it would have to be monitored closely. I can see it getting a little broken, but as is, it’s still silly that Zerg has to do so much to beat Protoss skytoss. 100% doable though.

2 Likes

again its not hard at all to beat skytoss. trust me, i play zerg all day long sky toss is easy as can be, if you play zerg air the magority of the time. Again for carriers at any number of units, can easily be beaten with straight corrupter, same with tempest. Void rays can easily be taken out by mass muta, as for pheonix, your better off switching over to straight hydra, in which case you always build a hydra den as well as your air. If you got enough eco its not a problem to overwhelm them at all. Im not the kind of zerg player who builds d, i go for straight offense and usually never play any caster units, NO VIPERS, NO INFESTORS. I also dont play single match very often, I usually only stick to 3v3 or lately 2v2, that being said ive taken on plenty of teams in 3v1 or 3v2, or 2v1 after teammates leave or get killed off. Its not hard to take on sky toss. You just have to learn to target fire the right stuff. Again, even mass hydra can win against all sky toss with out casters. Hydra against carriers, run and gun, back step attack, back step attack. keep doing that and stay far enough ahead of the carrier interceptors and the hydras will pick off all the interceptors, just make sure you keep spawning more hydras for any that die and ad them to the pack you have. Carriers, are the hardest thing for a hydra but it can be done if you know how to work the troops right. Everything else for sky toss dies to hydra even tempest, you just gotta be smart about how you use the units. For tempest, the hardest thing with them is there range so you gotta just take the hits and over take them so they cant run. if the flying somewhere that you cant reach back up obviously, and get away split your units and make him think hes chasing all of them when you sneak the split off units behind them after lureing them back out. IF you only do zerg air, and they counter with phenix, then pheonix has the speed advantage, well guess what you do in this situation, if say you play muta. Go into the main and make them bring the phenoix back to you. Start by taking out any pylons on there skygates and depower them fast, so they cant produce more. this will make them bring the phenoix straight to you and then you dont have to chase them down, if they run you stay and continue to kill buildings. and keep pumping out more mutas. Again, this game is not rocket science theres almost a counter to everything in this game.

1 Like

also if know one believes me when i say its not hard, i could send you replays of it, all day long.