What race is the easiest

If newbs have a negative experience with Terran, why do they prefer it?

Hey bro. He found a clip where Idra said all Terran players are bad. That definitely is more credible than multiple Zerg and Protoss professional players say Terran is harder in twitch interviews. Freaking Terran whiners, man.

You are enraged that tens of thousands of people have voted millions of times by selecting terran in the games they play. How are you supposed to claim terran is the hardest race when the least skilled players prefer it? Thus is your rage.

im in a 1v1 give me a sec

i have returned you can just keep saying that but you didnt bring up any arguments, i already said the reason new players play terran if you have any reason to think that isnt true please tell me

My argument has been clearly stated (and lying only makes you look desperate): 1) Low ranked players prefer Terran, 2) Terran is the most preferred race in general, and 3) #1 and #2 are inexplicable if Terran is harder to play (therefore it cannot be harder to play).

A “newb” won’t know what’s easiest for them to perform with. Terran is the default option, and is the most familiar, so is the most likely for new players to try, and people will often stick with the first thing they try for a while. That will add to the number of terran players that show up in lower leagues, but has no bearing on how easy it is to play the race.

How much of the inflation in player numbers for a race comes from what is impossible to determine, and assuming that terran having more players while not being easier is “inexplicable” is sort of ridiculous.
Looking at distribution numbers, Zerg is clearly the best performing race, on average, for most of the ladder; whether that’s because the average Zerg player is significantly more skilled (Unlikely given the size of the playerbase), or Zerg is the easiest race to perform with.

1 Like

?

You do know that the ladder ranks you, right? You do know that players can tell how easy a race is to play based on how often they lose, right?

When your theory postulates absurdities, it’s time for a new theory.

i do not understand your argument can you please explain it to me like im a third grader

Player starts the game - is presented with the option to play terran by default, so plays terran → Keeps playing terran because it is now what is familiar and they are still learning → This person has never tried the other races. Even if they later try Zerg after getting a feel for Terran, they’ll initially perform worse than they do with Terran, because Zerg functions a bit differently than Terran.

You’re acting like a “newb” has 50 games of every race to determine what’s easiest for them to win with. They won’t. Some people (probably most people) will pick a race and stick with it for a while, then maybe try another race if they don’t drop the game first, and Terran being the default option means it’s going to be the most picked race.

Zerg is the has a drastically lower proportional number of players in lower leagues, which indicates that it is probably the easiest race.

ok i read it again and still dont understand your argument but im going to respond anyway. zerg statistically has the most players and statistically prottoss has the least with terran being in the middle, in lower leagues(i think gold and below could be wrong) terran has the highest ratio

It’s a fact that:

1. Low skill players prefer terran.
  2. Terran is the most played race.
  3. Low skill players are the most sensitive to negative game experiences and have a well defined behavior of avoiding such experiences.

These are indisputable facts. These facts are mutually exclusive with Terran being a harder race, meaning they both can’t be true. If Terran is harder, then #3 defines that players would stop playing Terran, yet #1 and #2 prove beyond doubt that players don’t stop playing Terran. Terran being harder would cause a REDUCTION in # of players, but there is an INCREASE. Terran being harder would result in a REDUCTION of low-skill players who play it, but there is an INCREASE.

Terran being a harder race is incompatible with the facts and therefore cannot be true.

no its not terran is not the most played race that would be zerg there are statistics if you want me to go looking for them

Wrong.

https://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=-2

There are 19,409 more Terran players than Zerg.

https://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=0

Bronze league has TWICE the number of Terran players.

Apparently, they begin as Terran, switch races, then their MMR sky rockets. Since “BEGINNERS” pick the race.

intresting. maybe it was diffrent last time i checked it it has been years, notice the drop off at diamond league and the VERY high number of terrans in the lower league

. anyway with this in mind you keep using anecdotal evidence but i can bring up facts about the game such as zerg A-moveness and also prottoss. in what way is terran not harder to play as far as micro and macro goes when you need to micro perfectly to get the true value out of their units.

Then why are there so many low league players that pick terran? You are suggesting that low league players are highly incentivized to pick another race as you ignore the FACT that they don’t.

Absolutely nothing in my argument is an anecdote.

yes it is it assumes that the reason for the amount of terran whiners unless i miss understood it is because new players have a more negative reaction to loosing. that is the anecdote

Point out where you think the anecdote is: