What race is the easiest

if your new what race can get you too masters in the shortest amount of time, even if it still takes a while what race can get you there the fastest.

and also explain

1 Like

What race is the easiest for beginners?

The easiest race for absolutely beginners is Terran because how the units works, overall design, soldiers from barracks, tanks from factory, air from starport etc. and strong tier 1. Protoss is also pretty easy for beginners but I would say Terran is easier because beginners have 0 micro and 0 spellcasts so it might be a bit hard for Protoss to kill 40 marines with for example 15 stalkers with 0 micro and no ht.

What race is the easiest for beginners to get masters in the shortest amount of time?

Definitely zerg. After you meet the basics you have lead like +1 league above other races even when you have a bit lower skill level. Micro requirement is also the lowest for zerg. Melee units are a-move. Melee a-move meanwhile focusing on usually one type of spellcaster isn’t hard either. You focus only on economy and defending early aggression and it’s not that hard at all after you know what units you are supposed to do to counter enemy units in early game. Then you usually a-move late game and win (sometimes you need to remax your whole army but you can do it almost instantly).

26 Likes

It’s hard to say which one is the better. Each race as their advantages and weakness that can change for every player.

Macro wise
For the macro part of the game, I would say Protoss is the easiest of the three for the following reasons:

1. Production of buildings
    For Protoss, all you need is one probe to build all your structures. They only need to place the stucture, and then it build by itself. Compare to Zerg where you sacrifice a worker for each building, it’s not ideal. For Terran, you need one scv per building, which is not as good as protoss. At least the SCV come back after the building process. On the other hand, you can build extra supply instantly and build anywhere, which is great for proxy. It’s hard to say which race does it better between Terran or Protoss.

2. Building units
    Here, it’s either Protoss or Zerg. Protoss have the warp in mechanic, which is great for harassement, building reinforcement and effective, since you build all your units at once. Stargate and Robo sadly requires more attention, but with chrono boost, it can help the production, especially Probes. On the other side, Zerg can build all their units at once, but they have to inject regularly to rebuild an army quickly. Terran is bad in this regard, since your units are made in the main, which is not ideal for reinforcement. Also, they have no way to speed up the process and it takes a lot of attention. Queue up is an option, but it’s not optimal.

Mircro wise

1. Army control
    For this I really depends on the army composition you make. Mech is easier to play as Terran then Bio, but compare to the other races, I don’t really know. Zerg is easier in the earlier part since they don’t have any control to do, beside queens to defend the bases and zergling harassement, meanhile Terran have to find damage with banshee harass and BC. It’s only a matter of skill and playstyle preference for this point. If you like aggressive style Terran is the race, but if you prefer a defensive style, Zerg is the one to pick. Protoss is middle ground between the two, but I would say you try to do the damage with oracles with phoenix or with archon drop (which is more rare to see).

2. Scouting
    Weird point, but an important one. For this one it’s pretty equal, but I would have to go with Protoss, for the reason that Zerg has to sacrifice an overseer/ research overlord speed, while protoss can make an hallucinated phoenix to scout for free. They also have access to observer, which can be hard to spot for the enemy, which can give you important info. Terran has scan, but it’s not cheap and useful only during the mid to late game. They get their info by harassement, which I don’t think is a reliable way to scout.

In general, I would say Protoss, then Terran and finally Zerg. Protoss as great tools to scout, and to build units. Their army is also not the hardest to micro (except for blink stalkers, adept and phoenix). Terran is also easy with good defensive units, like the siege tank and the liberator and has many tools to get damage quickly, with hellions and widow mines. Lastly, I would say Zerg is the hardest because of all their design. Zerg is a more defensive race, and it can be hard sometimes to defend every thing. They have good things for more experience players, but for a beginner, creep pushing and queen inject can be hard to do when you also need to have your queens on the right place.

3 Likes

hmmm interesting you two both have different opinions, can you guys have an epic debate?

I started the game with Zerg and I got used to win a lot so easely with ling rushes and climbed so high but I felt I wasn’t learning how to play the game, then I switched to Protoss, the most vulnerable to ling rushes and damn that was hell to play but I researched a lot and realy learned the game better.

4 Likes

Each race is different. There is no “easy” race. I’ve played zerg since 2011 and so zerg is the easiest race to me, but someone who has played protoss for years would say protoss. It depends on your play style preference. Terran are the most standard when looking at basic RTS mechanics.

13 Likes

i didnt say there was an easy race i asked relative to the other two races which race would take the least amount of time to get to masters with, for most players.

The playerbase has voted with which race they choose to play, and low ranked players picked terran:

https://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=0

Zerg has extremely low Bronze/silver representation, which is indicative of much better performance in low ELO play, which would also indicate that Zerg is probably the easiest race for a beginner.

The race mechanics might seem more confusing initially to someone with RTS experience, but having all of your production on one building with little need to make additional production makes things a lot easier to manage if you’re new to the game, and missing production cycles isn’t as punishing. Unlike with Terran/protoss, you don’t have to micro SCVs back to mining after making a building. or regularly look back at your base to build supply depots, and building placement is a lot less important for Zerg.

Creep spread isn’t so important for new players because micro is so much worse, and Zerg typically wins fights when there’s minimal or no micro, because their units are stronger base for the cost, but have less range and higher damage points (= less benefit from micro).

There being more Terran players in low level play =/= Terran being the easiest race.

6 Likes

Terran is not only the most common choice for low league players, but is also the most common race played period. If a race were easier to play, we’d expect newbs to prefer it and we’d expect more players to play it. Let’s suppose the reverse were true. Let’s say Terran is actually harder to play and that Terran is somehow, magically, the most played race and the preferred race of low league players. Such a theory predicts that low league players deliberately choose, en masse, to harm their game experience despite the fact that casuals are the one group of people who are most concerned about games being as easy as possible. That sounds legitimate. Just kidding. It’s an affront to common sense.

2 Likes

Terran

Without a doubt (that’s why I play it)

1 Like

There are many community polls on reddit or teamliquid. They almost all say if you are new: toss and if you are experienced:zerg.

Personally yes this how i feel too.

Also you ask about fastest way to Masters. Hm idk there were guides on Reddit where someone explained how he Cheesed from d3 to gm with nydus all in. Nowadays it should be a lot harder to Pull that off but i can imagine its the easiest to Cheese with zerg to Masters because most cheeses hit faster than any other Cheese from other race which means the probability to mess up is a lot lower. Also you dont need to have superb micro. Just bane Bust to win. Or nydus all in.

3 Likes

Always the race your opponent plays when they win.
They clearly wouldn’t have beaten you, the superior player, if it wasn’t.

6 Likes

Zerg is the easiest race, Protoss the 2nd easiest race and terran the hardest race if you want to be master.

4 Likes

african american

i hear you can get lots of gibmedats from the government

2 Likes

Orcs EZ
…

1 Like

Zerg, because you que up 5,000,000 units at once. Protoss is a close seconds because of dts and the golden armada.

If the goal is master asap, then you pick a race with strong all ins and cheeses, so zerg or protoss. If you don’t want to cheese every game,then Zerg.

Protoss without doubt. They have strong cheese and lategame, their macro is the easiest. If you’re serious and take a bit some time to learn and execute BO correctly, you’ll get master really fast.

There is one difficulty, it’s buildings placement, you have to take some time to learn how to wall and sim city, else you’ll be destroyed by cheeses vs Zerg.

After, all you have to do is amove chargelots + storm your way to master, and mass carriers in lategame.

Terran is second, if you decide to play mech you’ll be master really fast (but mech isn’t as good vs Protoss than vs Zerg/Terran, but still viable).

Zerg, there is no shortcut, you have to know how to scout and react vs every all-in on the game, learn to play lategame while your T3 are the weakest, so no it will be long. You can have easy time in low league, because people don’t know how to macro, so if you bank a lot of mineral/gas you can produce a big army, but it’s not working anymore after.

3 Likes

10/10 good troll post. I had a laugh :slight_smile:

3 Likes