What race is the easiest

Terran is generally the easiest.

Their production is traditional
Their units are high impact, low cost (usually)
They have tons of set&forget zoning tools
They have macro mechanics on the OC which allow them to compensate for screwing up

Zerg have to be on top of a million macro activities and manage larva, which takes a lot of getting used to.

Protoss are so weak to harass that without old charge they’re basically delegated to defend until deathball. Because of that alone I wouldn’t call them the easiest race.

1 Like

Toss cause it takes 100 apm to be 6k MMR

2 Likes

As a person who plays all races I have found these things and so I don’t get backlash im going to make it clear that this is my opinion and represents only what I have experienced. Terran is the most used in lower leagues simply because its the first race everyone plays and if someone is comfortable with something they often don’t move from it. terran requires a better macro and for a lower level player dealing with harasses can be difficult if you do decide to micro as a low level player you obviously will end up neglecting macro which will hurt you in late game. however if you can master the medivac drop and macro on the back of it youll do great. protoss once again in my opinion is one of the easiest to play both late game and early game. early game protoss can easily defend against harass and scout at the same time adepts stalkers and phoenix all are great early game. in late game protoss ability to reinforce and remax is comparable only to maybe zerg the warp gates make its very easy so late game is usually strongest for protoss. zerg has an easy early game, queens and banelings will provide great defense while also giving the option for harass. as far as late game well your apm better be damn high with a zerg player needing 6-8 hatcheries in late game to beat a 4 base terran or protoss. you need constant queen injects to be able to reinforce or remax as fast as terran and protoss zerg late game is extremely difficult.

1 Like

The easiest race for beginner is Zerg because Zergling is a great unit when both side have no idea what they are doing.
The easiest race to become master is Terran due to how easy it is for them to defend and attack.

1 Like

I would say protoss and only do cannon - rush / proxy double robo or something like that.
Why is it the easiest? Because you will do the same thing over and over and over again so you will get better of course (as with everything).
BUT the difference to other strategies is that a cannon rush only takes about 5-10 minutes usually so if you play macro, you will be a good player overall but it is harder to learn as it is more complicated (race doesn’t matter).

Good cannon rushes are harder to defend - even if you scout it unlike a baneling bust or whatever.
Though the same could be said for proxy rax (like 4 barracks near your opponents base, build marines and attack). This would also be a pretty fast win so you will learn building placement (similar to cannon rush but probably less complicated).

2 Likes

Zergling take less than 5 minutes for the other guy to say gg. Cannon is also one of the easiest strat to counter.

Given their low rank, they obviously picked wrong. So I guess we know Terran is not the easiest race to get high up with.

1 Like

And there is the catch. They don’t just pock terran, they stick with it.

And yet they stay lower ranked on average. Despite being more “experienced.” Probably because Terran is harder?

While they refuse to change race.

Some do change, to Zerg, then their MMR sky rockets, probably because Zerg is the kind of difficult to where you earn more simply by picking them. Such a “difficult” race.

Then why are there so many Terrans in lower leagues?

Because it’s a more difficult race that artificially keeps players in a lower bracket?

Nah, probably because all 85,000 of them are just worse than all 70,000 Zerg players.

If it’s a more difficult race, why do newbs prefer it?

because its a beginner race, not to say its easier but number one. terran mechanics are closer to other rts games, compared to prottoss and zerg. and also terran being the humans are the most approachable.

1 Like

What makes it a beginner race, if not being easier to play? Why would the beginner race be harder to play?

im not saying its harder or easier but if you have ever seen a new player playing starcraft 2 you will notice they have little to no micro and you often will have to explain how to A-move for example. so if they cant A-move how will they split against banelings. this is why you will see low level terrans struggling against storm and banelings. However despite this building units and resource gatherers is sort of like in other rts games as well as relatively simple to understand. prottoss is also like this to some degree.

Then why are you butting into a conversation about exactly that? Low ranked players prefer terran and this proves it’s an easier race. Tens of thousands of people have voted.

i actualy lied i am a terran whiner

1 Like

So Terran is the kind of race where when you played it, your MMR becomes lowered. It’s a weird kind of “easy.” Where when you play it, you receive less MMR, win fewer tournaments (despite what liars and total morons might say), win less games for years, etc.