Visual/Thematic Inconsistencies in Zagara’s Skinset

Karax’s Immortals have barrier
Annihilators don’t have barrier

Karax’s Immortals can add the shadow cannon ability
Annihilators have the shadow cannon ability to start

3 Likes

Yes, they can. The original Dark Templar were once Khalai but cut their nerve cords and learned to control Void energy.

Tassadar learned to control both Psi Energy and Void energy. They can be Aiur and learn to harness Void energy. If all is required is to remain near death and tap into the Void; they can do it. We have an actual example of a Templar using Void energy. Meaning; it can be accomplished.

I’d like to point out that Han and Horners’ unupgraded Ravens actually use the Special Forces Raven skin, which is the same as Nova’s Raven Type-II except for the emissive is team colour. (With Han and Horner’s default team color, the emissive team color has actually been adjusted to appear yellow while the remaining team color is purple, creating a sort of “hybrid” team color.) So this does have some precedent.

I’m actually not that bothered by this specific instance, considering the model is replaced when upgraded, although I’d prefer if they used alternate Special Forces skins for the Vikings, Ravens, and Battlecruisers with yellow emissive instead of team color – then the emissive would appear yellow with all team colors. These assets would require little investment and could easily be created by adjusting a few values. The Asteria Wraith could also have its own Special Forces skin created in this style, even if it was just the normal Wraith model with a darker texture.

Barrier is a technology not an ability. Make more sense have Annihilators with Barrier then Immortals with Shadow cannon (and the SoA give to Immortals the ability Double barrier, not Barrier. Barrier is the original one)

They can, but they did not learn to use it. High Templars are the clear proof of this, since they said they trained to use their abilities even without nerve cords. So, Aiur Protoss still use their abilities, there is nothing that say they use void energy.

There are no “technologies” in starcraft, only abilities (units may have abilities by default or after research to equip them on the field)

Just about any ability can be fluffed as being obtained technologically/biologically/psionic/void etc.

Annihilators shadow cannon might need a dark templar in the shell

Karax’s immortal’s shadow cannon either doesn’t need a dark templar in the shell, or his immortals have dark templars in them (they like the barrier as it gives better protection than an annihilator)

High Templar are not proof of Aiur Protoss not using Void energy. High Templar do not represent all Aiur Protoss. Especially in Coop. Like I said; since they can connect to the Void; Karax’s Immortals seem to have done just that.

WHAT? Wraith that can be cloaked is possible because the Wraiths are equiped with cloaking technology, is not the pilot that say “ah ah, now I became invisible!” there is NOTHING that say the Wraiths pilots have psionic abilities that allow them to do so. Technology EXIST in SC.

Karax’s Immortals don’t have a Nerazim inside, since the portrait show clearly is an Aiur Protoss

There is exactly ZERO proofs that show an Aiur Protoss do so in LotV, neither Artanis do so, and he is the one that would more easly do that. So, no… is just dumb the Immortal use Shadow Cannon. Terribly dumb.

some abilities are “fluffed” as technology.

cloaking is a good example
wraith-“tech”
dtemplar-“psi”
ghost-“psitech”

so shadow cannon
annihilators-“void psi tech”
karax immortal-“psi tech/tech”

same ability, different ways (fluff) to get it.

the Annihilators lore say clearly how Shadow Cannon work, so no, there is no way Karax’s Immortals could use it

Annihilators lore says clearly how Annihilator Shadow Cannon works

Karax Immortal Shadow Cannon obviously works differently (for one thing it does more damage)

If they decided to replace Karax Immortals with Annihilators on the level that Shadow Cannon became available, that would be fine, but its not needed.

Shadow Cannon isn’t the only example of an ability not working according to the campaign lore in co-op. Tempest Disintegration was originally a multiplayer ability, but in the campaign they fluffed the disintegration tech as being hazardous to biological Protoss. The Purifier Tempests can use it because they’re flown remotely. Yet Artanis’ Tempests are golden and piloted by biological Protoss, and they use Disintegration. In some areas, the team obviously decided that lore had to take a backseat over gameplay.

They are, but they also scream about how proud they are being Purifiers if clicked enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

Which is always something I did hope would get changed, either give their model a Purifier portrait (maybe with a gold color scheme to match Artanis) or just change the quoteset back to the default Tempest. As it stands it sits in a weird middle ground.

2 Likes

if work differently, why Nerazim don’t use them in other ways instead of wait someone to be nearly dead? IS DUMB.
Make him at level 1 with Immortals, and when the player unlock the Shadow Cannon upgrade with level up just replace them with Annihilators, will be ZERO gameplay changing, since is just a skin thing.

For this in my list I said to change Tempest skin for Artanis too, because Disintegration make no sense for the Aiur Tempests.

Yhea XD the quotes are right, but the model and portrait aren’t XD
the idea of make a Purifier skin for them with a more “Aiur stylish” is cool btw.

There is proof in the past that they did learn to use Void energy; Adun and Tassadar both learned to wield both Psi Energy and Void energy. So, yes it makes sense that Aiur Immortals can use Shadow Cannon. It isn’t dumb; it is quite logical.

I had earlier explained how they could do it and you even agreed they could use it. You then switched to there isn’t any current example of them using Void energy. Now you are going back to say they can’t use it. That argument makes no sense.

You could even go by the thought process of the Shadow Cannon is being taught to them while the ability is being acquired. As they don’t start with Shadow Cannon like Annihilators do.

1 Like

Tassadar and Adun =/= ALL Protoss

Artanis did not do that, and he was the one that would make it more easly. If he did not do that, why the others would?
In LotV there is ZERO proof of ANY Aiur Protoss that used the void energy.

I NEVER agreed that.
And by the logic “they don’t start with that” we can say: Centurions don’t start with Shadow Charge, the Glacius Colossus don’t start with the fire beams, the new Void Ray class don’t start with the increased range, the armored Zealot don’t start with the Whirlwind.

So, that argumentation don’t make sense, since nearly all units have the campaign/signature ability to be researched.
Immortals with Shadow Cannon is a huge contraddiction of Annihilators lore.

Artanis =/= ALL Protoss. Again, the point is to show is it was something that been done. It has These aren’t characters; they are units. We don’t get to know their desires. All we do know is they can use connect to the the Void and these Immortal do. Stop ignoring the past as if only the present matters. Regardless if Artanis or another Hero connects to the Void in LotV; it’s not impossible. Which is the whole point! They can and they are.

You said right HERE that they can. You DID say that.

But still Artanis is one the Aiur Protoss, if not THE Aiur Protoss with most trust to the Nerazim then everyone else. And he did not learn to use the void. If he, with all his trust for the Nerazim, don’t do that, well… is really unlikely enyone else would do that, SPECIALLY an entire “type” of Aiur units.
And the argumentation “they are units, not characters” make no sense, since… we got Aiur Tempest with Disintegration, and there is NO WAY to justify that, the game say clearly. Use Disintegration would KILL a biological Protoss, and here there is no excluse, they give an ability that conctradict the lore, and you can try to find any clue in any official source, but there is NOTHING that could justify that.
So, Immortals with Shadow Cannon is the same thing.
Even if Aiur Protoss can learn to control void energy, in-game there is ZERO proof about someone of the Daelaam doing that, and is not a dumb detail. Aiur Protoss that control void energy is a big deal, and not only you are saying to me they just do that off-screen with zero proofs, but we have Artanis where we know he did not learn, even if he is the most likely to do that, and still, he did not do.

yhea, and then I realized I totally misunderstood the HT quotes. They just said without the Khala is more difficult use their abilities, but in the end they mastered them anyway.
ZERO mention about void. I just misunderstood/remembered wrong. I saw the quote replaing the campaign for the new achievments.

You can’t say Adun and Tassadar aren’t the most revered Protoss in Aiur’s history. They were both literal saviors of both the Aiur and Nerazim Protoss. Artanis is probably a step below them with Zeratul. Both Adun and Tassadar learned how to wield both Psi and Void energies. They showed that it is possible; which is the whole point of the argument. Artanis doesn’t have to want to learn to control Void energy for other Protoss to be willing to. That’s the point of the Daelaam itself; bringing all Protoss together and sharing what they can.

The Tempest aren’t in the same situation as the Immortals. The Tempest Pilot wouldn’t be able to withstand using the Disintegration ability. So, that should be changed. While the Immortal has the ability to use Shadow Cannon by connecting to the Void; which has been done before so we know it works. If the Aiur Protoss couldn’t survive using the ability; that’d be different. But it isn’t life threatening nor damaging. Thus, it is fine as it is.

There is proof that it has been done you just keep ignoring it. You act like Artanis would be the sole inspiration for any Protoss to learn anything. The Daelaam’s whole purpose is that all Protoss become one. This very premise would inspire some Aiur Protoss to learn to control Void energy. It is implied not stated.

Again, the High Templar don’t represent all Aiur Protoss. Regardless, it has been proven that Aiur Protoss can connect to the Void. You must remember that before the Nerazim became what they are (Dark Templar); they too were Aiur Protoss. They aren’t a different species. They cut their nerve cords and learned how to connect to the Void. It is teachable.

I NEVER said that, I’m said Artanis is the ACTUAL Protoss that would agree more of using both energies, and he did not do that.

1-Then the whole point of the existing of the Annihilators would be dumb.
2-There literally NOTHING that suggest a single Daelaam Protoss do that, and that is TREMENDOUSLY important, and you think NOBODY even mention this? If nobody mentioned a living Protoss that used both energies NOW, is because NOBODY do that.

Is not implied, is just an your speculation with absolutly ZERO proofs. Is like if I’m say “yhea, the Raynor’s Raiders are creating a thrid Overmind because in WoL there is a quote that imply that” when there is ZERO proof of that.

I don’t said “is impossible” I said “there is NO PROOF that any Daelaam Protoss have done that” your is just speculation based on nothing.

You might not have “said” that but you’re implying that they aren’t. And no they wouldn’t all agree with Artanis. His views aren’t all shared by everyone. He maybe correct in the direction the Daelaam takes; but if he chooses not to learn Void Energy; that doesn’t mean no one else will.

No, it wouldn’t. That would be like saying since the Shadow Guard can use all 3 Dark Templar abilities; there is no point in Blood Hunters or Avengers existing. Sharing an ability doesn’t mean that.
Stettman had no proof he would make Mecha Zerg. Yet he did. It doesn’t have to be “now”. All is needed is that it is possible. And keep in mind they made a full Commander out of him.

I’ll repeat; yes, there is proof. Stop ignoring it. Adun and Tassadar both were connected to Psi Energy and Void Energy. They were Aiur Protoss. The Proof is right there. IT IS POSSIBLE. Which again, IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ARGUMENT!

You have said it is impossible. You are moving the goal post. You said Aiur Protoss can’t use Void energy. They can’t use Shadow Cannon. They can. It isn’t speculation. They use it now. Karax’s Immortals use it now.