Ungrateful allies on DoN (a specific commander)

You are still missing it. Damned I thought it was maybe more obvious than it is.

Karax P1 on that map I often assume they chose that map specifically so that they could def. Here instead at the start of the game their ally (me) happily suggests he’ll def instead and take their role. I even joked in the first post that I was doing it with H&H (no static defense), Zagara (extremely aggro commander) or Raynor (because I did joke about it quite a lot with Raynor).

I really thought it was an obvious joke but now you are making me doubt.

1 Like

Guess the joke flew over my head clearly. Lol.

3 Likes

It’s my fault, I do know humor is harder to detect when it is written, even more so on forums with strangers.

Maybe I should have phrased it differently or added a tag or something.

1 Like

No no, me no funny :frowning:

1 Like

Okay, hold on, now I’ve got to overly aggressively break this down, for… reasons.

Karax P1 gives Unity Barrier, a better Reconstruction Beam, and allows chrono to affect static attack speed.

Ergo, clearly the correct way for Karax P1 to play DoN is to be the attacker. They should be pairing with Swann P2, as every part of Karax P1 will help Swann’s static as well.

Double the prestige, double the (defensive) power, yes? You’d never lose DoN again! Bam, game solved.

1 Like

To be fair I am not sure either of the two posters above got it either.

Since they too used sarcasm or irony I honestly could not tell if they missed it and made fun of me or if they understood and played along the joke.

@RickRumble
Now sadly I only proposed with other aggro commanders. I wonder how they’d react if a Swann P2 was making that joke. My guess? They could legitimately get scared :stuck_out_tongue:

@Drow
It may be easier but honestly I am glad when they do this. Defending is something I hate to do so anytime someone suggest they take that part I am more than happy to let them sim city while I build up my army and go kill people. I mean infested people, I am no psychopath who like to burn up buildings, burn people’s house and kill them once they get out of it.

Def map are typically the maps I failed to solo when my ally insta leave (temple of the past or DoN).

They load into the game thinking nothing can outdo them on defense and bam, there’s the round boi that just stole everything from them.

Then he turns around and says “my units cost more these days, get out there and say hello.”

Karax just wanted to sit back with his planet crackers, and now he needs to destroy the structures all day. He could even destroy them at night, no need to wait for it to be safer during the day!

Actual kinda serious comment, those Swann turrets would be so strong with all those buffs. But how would Auto-Loaders and chrono work together I wonder…

2 Likes

It’s ok, just say gg and move on.

1 Like

I have no idea and I am not sure Ctg ever made a video with a Karax P1 allied to a Swann P2 since both together seemed just to good defensively that would be unfair to Amon’s forces.
Maybe some did end up playing that in this mutation or the previous one as random? I’d be curious to know.

1 Like

Karax p1 can pair surprisingly well with a cannon using zeratul whether as mineral dump or a shieldguard+cannon army esp if you’re messing around with p2 on cannontul. The cannons are able to warp in nearly anywhere an and get a attack boost. And during a chrono wave everything can become obliterated and chronoed monoliths help handle marines and zerglings a bit while zera cannons are able to be dropped and dps buildings during the day or add temporary wall defences as needed while zera shieldguards and karax carriers can still repair eachother and zeras units.

OMG!!! I thought I was the only person who did this. When I play HH or Zagara (my two favorites) I always tell my karax or swann partner I got D.

The best defense is a good offense and I’m the most offensive of them all! FTW!!

1 Like

Each time I do that I am laughing like a fool in front of my computer while the other guy bugs and stumbles his way to a reply.

I do think we aren’t that many to do it else Karax players would be used to it by now :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that… that is a heck of a punchline.

Did you offered an assistance to defence to your Karax P1 ally? I don’t get what you men?

Say what kind of gratitude you were expecting from Karax P1 players? Is it as simple as GG? or “Thanks for helping me to defend but I’ll defend, please attacks” that sort of reply?
GG is a suffice answer (heck, I am thankful that they even reply gg at the end), I think expecting anything more than that is bit much.
Any which way man, enjoying the game is the foremost you can expect, don’t mind too much how people won’t respond to your actions (or if the person screws up big time in brutations you were winning).

How about just doing the defense anyway, aim for Night 42 or something :rofl:

1 Like

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
dkmb

If you read again the thread I explain it.

In short I joked about “idef” players with an “idef” commander (Karax P1) on DoN which they most likely selected by suggesting I would def instead of them which put them in a difficult position. I tried to make the joke even more obvious with the commanders I chose to take the “idef” role from my Karax P1 ally.

What’s wrong with players wanting to defend on that map?

If I’m playing Karax p1 and a Zagara partner hits me with “i def” on DoN, the last thing I would want to show is appreciation lol

2 Likes