Ungrateful allies on DoN (a specific commander)

Now that… that is a heck of a punchline.

Did you offered an assistance to defence to your Karax P1 ally? I don’t get what you men?

Say what kind of gratitude you were expecting from Karax P1 players? Is it as simple as GG? or “Thanks for helping me to defend but I’ll defend, please attacks” that sort of reply?
GG is a suffice answer (heck, I am thankful that they even reply gg at the end), I think expecting anything more than that is bit much.
Any which way man, enjoying the game is the foremost you can expect, don’t mind too much how people won’t respond to your actions (or if the person screws up big time in brutations you were winning).

How about just doing the defense anyway, aim for Night 42 or something :rofl:

1 Like

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
dkmb

If you read again the thread I explain it.

In short I joked about “idef” players with an “idef” commander (Karax P1) on DoN which they most likely selected by suggesting I would def instead of them which put them in a difficult position. I tried to make the joke even more obvious with the commanders I chose to take the “idef” role from my Karax P1 ally.

What’s wrong with players wanting to defend on that map?

If I’m playing Karax p1 and a Zagara partner hits me with “i def” on DoN, the last thing I would want to show is appreciation lol

2 Likes

Well tbh zag’s bile launchers/idef with karax’s P1 upgrades probably work better anyway

Nothing except they are kinda screwed if they meet another player who also planned to defend.

@Lindroos Yeah … they did not seem all that excited about the idea either ^^. I am just teasing them but if ever one takes me seriously on that offer I might be in trouble …

1 Like

Thank you for this joke. No sarcasm, I’m for real. This problem lasts so long that we have to only laugh on it. I am glad that more and more players are coming to understanding.
Last thing I wanna say about it - if there is a stuck problem in a game, it’s developers’ guilt. It’s mostly up on them. I want you to hear one moral which I discovered myself: “If you want the tap water to stop flowing, you need to close that tap. And not to persuade water.” Bliz left everything open. They gave players a map which doesn’t punish for laziness. They created Karax P1 who is heavily motivated to sit on base. It’s always natural that there come people who will abuse such system.
In many games there is ranking system which keeps bad players away, in some games players even get ban for framing up their team. In SC this problem is left opened and players are left on their own. I’m glad that co-op is now abandoned and dying. I don’t play it anymore.

Haha I know this is a joke but I did have an ungrateful Swann on Temple. I was Kerri and was clearing the waves before they got to my side or South(I gave him north and his side) and he got so pissed…he ended up selling all of his turrets and tried to wipe us but I was just like “Jokes on you I wanted more to kill”

Aouch that’s sad. He must really have been mad.

2 of my last 3 games last night my ally didn’t give a gg, even though I gave a gg (true story).

I’m so very sad about, and upset.

I know the feel.
There are some games that I thought went great and yet the other player just goes “worst player” at the end (or the abbreviation “wp”).

Obviously I then flame, block and report them but that hurts.

I’ll gg you if we pair up even if we might lose.

good game, well played

Phrase. GGWP. (Internet slang) Initialism of good game, well played .

[

GGWP - Wiktionary

]

I often don’t say gg at the end of games. Almost always don’t say it on Hard. While this can be because my ally sucked, it can also be because I messed up, or the enemy was more vicious than expected, or I could not try something or other, well various reasons that make the game…not good, even if somehow ended in victory.
Not sure what happened in your case, but those people may have had their circumstances, no need to take it too badly.

1 Like

That’s such a shame, because it seems like you were a really good ally. I do feel for static defence players when their allies fight ahead of them all the time. Not putting obligations on the ally, but it doesn’t sound fun. But you gave him two sides! He was being really unreasonable there.

I DEF means carry me on your glorious wings, I want to fly far away from Amon babe.

I had a P1 “I def” Karax yesterday. First he plainly wrote “def 1 wave”. Then he just pinged his Cybernetics Core, I guess for Chrono? My response was “Don’t be greedy. Get a 2nd Nexus iif you want two boosts”. And yes it was the Cyber Core, not the Solar one.

Anyway, I had to do all buildings myself as Artanis P3. (the moment I switch away from P3 Alarak, I get one of his best maps, typical)

No Karax units were present, nor did he support with the Spear of Adun. When I was at the top right corner, the Virophage spawned for the first time. He had the audacity to ping there. I was simply too far away and planned to do it the next and last night.

And now for the finale: I left an observer near the very last building, and went for the Virophage, to get those bonus xp. Guess what? That idiot just destroyed the last building, while I wasn’t done with the Virophage yet. First he pings for bonus and doesn’t do anything for it, and then when I’m going for it in the last night, he just destroys the last building with the SoA. What the hell man?