Unexpected Fatal Error - Starcraft II

I have been unable to launch Starcraft II for a couple of weeks. Everytime I try, I get the “An unexpected fatal error occured” window. I’ve tried a couple of solutions that I found online, such as repair, reinstall, resetting the game settings, and disabling OneDrive syncing, without success. The latest attmept gave me 8B3D475D-392F-421A-BF5D-27CCA531C9F0 as the error code. Are there any other solutions I could try?

Hey there,

Looking at the crash log this appears to be a graphics related crash. Maybe due to a driver issue or driver / game settings. I’d recommend to try a clean reinstall of the Nvidia drivers, and if you have any overlays enabled (Discord overlay, Rivatuner, etc) try disabling those.

1. Download DDU here
    • Click on the first link under “Announcements” titled Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Then click the “Official Download Here” link to start the download.
  2. Run the .exe file and extract the contents to the default location. Open the new folder and run the Display Driver Uninstaller.
  3. You will get a pop-up saying it is recommended to reboot in Safe Mode, feel free to ignore this if you are not familiar with how to get into Safe Mode. To start the removal process, click on the driver type on the right side first, then click “Clean and restart”
  4. Once the PC restarts, go ahead an d download the current drivers here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
  5. Run the driver installer and use the default/recommended install steps.

Once that is done try resetting the game settings through the Battle.net app again so the game will detect the graphics device again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.