Unexpected fatal error SC2

played SC2 ok one day and the next get fatal error 2E1DF383-B10E-4E44-A797-0AC607B1E011
I’ve updated my driver and not sure what else could be.

please help

Howdy Rouseyboy,

It looks like you are getting C0000005 errors. It’s not clear what is causing this specifically but these errors may be caused by background programs like security software. If you have any, make sure to add the Blizzard app and SC2 as exceptions.

hi im still having no luck launching. I have tried that and everything the link mention and still doesn’t work
F183B119-BA2C-4FE3-8740-D41D34E4218A

Hey there,

So I was able to pull up multiple crashes from your client and all of them relate to the same thing. Error writing to memory and it happens while the game is attempting to setup for the GPU.

Access Violations simply mean the game requested to do a thing and was prevented from doing so by Windows. Either because it did not understand the request, did not give permission for access to the resource the game was requesting or because something on the system has locked up that resource so the game cannot access it.

Given all of these errors happen while directx 9 is being initialized, points to a likely driver issue.

I would like you to perform a clean install of your drivers by completely removing the old drivers as follows:

1. Let’s remove the old drivers via a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller): Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) Download & Support - Wagnardsoft Forum and choose the first announcement post.

2. Click “Official Download Here” then open the downloaded file. It will ask you to extract to a specific folder. This is usually going to be the same folder the file was downloaded to (“Downloads” for most people)

3. Open the folder created and double click on “Display Driver Uninstaller”. It may ask for permission under User Account Control. Select Yes.

4. It will pop up a screen saying, “This seems to be the first time you launch DDU, Let’s look at the options.” Click Ok, Leave the options set as now and click ok. A second pop up warning you that you are not in safe mode will pop up. That is ok for now. Click Ok.

5. Select Device Type: GPU and then under Select Device choose AMD, Intel or Nvidia. (If you have multiple brands of GPU you will need to run through this process for each GPU.)

6. Choose Clean and Restart. Let the system reboot and you should be on the default microsoft GPU drivers. Visit the following link to get the proper drivers for your GPU(s):

For the AMD GPU: https://www.amd.com/en/support

For the Nvidia GPU: Download The Latest Official GeForce Drivers

Even if the system relies on a different GPU, it is a good idea to make sure the Intel GPU is up to date as well.

For the Intel GPU: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

In some cases Intel may refer you to the manufacturer of the system for updates. If that is the case, check with the system maker for Intel Drivers.

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

Now if that does not solve the issue, your next best course of action would be to submit a ticket by using the support button at the top right of this page. Click that button, then click contact support. Please be sure to include the requested system files and that should allow an agent to dig into this further for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.