Unable to start new campaign (WoL)?

Why does Blizzard feel this way about the game? The problem has been around for a few days, but still hasn’t been solved.

1 Like

Having this issue as well

1 Like

-no credits on mission completion
-no renaming of replays
-spotty fail to save
-can’t delete saves
-cut scenes broken or don’t play
-some of the characters (for me at least in WoL) between missions don’t show up. (again this is spotty)
-Some people can’t even install the game
-Impossible to start a new campaign

2 Likes

Having these issues as well

1 Like

Cannot create a new campaign game on wol

1 Like

I’m also having these issues.

1 Like

+1 for the issue here. :disappointed:

1 Like

I cant start a new WoL campaign.

1 Like

My friend and I are also having the same issues listed above. His tag is MavenRichard#1449.

For the last few days I have been unable to create a new campaign in Wings of Liberty as well. When I attempt to do so, immediately after the opening cinematic I am redirected into the Mission Archives of my previous campaign.

1 Like

In my case I’m also can’t edit save files without manualy giving permision. And when I was playing on my old save, I got the problem of geting thrown to the selection menu of “Safe Haven” and “Heaven’s fall” after exeting victory screen

found a solution in another forum, copying here:

I recently noticed that when I was trying to move files and delete files from my Replays folder, that I didn’t have permission to do so, despite being logged in as an administrator on my computer. I also noticed that there were a bunch of files with the writeCacheBackup extension that existed, which to my knowledge was the result of the game not being able to delete such files after having created them, which is consistent with my attempts to move and delete files.

I did some digging, and it seems that the recent StarCraft II update has changed the permissions on the folder in Documents/StarCraft II, causing a whole host of issues not limited to the problems I was having. In order to rectify the problem, I had to change the access rights of the folder (and, by inheritance, its subfolders) to match the access rights of the other folders in Documents.

My Fix:

1. Locate the Documents\StarCraft II folder.
  2. Right click on the folder, and click Properties.
  3. In the Security tab, click Edit…
  4. Click Add…
  5. Click Advanced…
  6. Ensure that the Users object type is selected from the Location that is your local PC.
  7. Click Find Now.
  8. Select your user profile from the list that appears, and click OK, click OK, click Apply and click OK.
  9. Click Advanced, select your user profile and click Edit.
  10. Ensure that Type is Allow and Applies to is This folder, subfolder and files.
  11. Tick Full control in order to give your user profile proper access rights, then click OK.
  12. Click Apply and then click OK, then click OK.
  13. The access rights of the folder should now be changed for your user profile, giving you complete control over the folder.

Let me know if this works.
-samsim

found a solution in another forum, copying here:

I recently noticed that when I was trying to move files and delete files from my Replays folder, that I didn’t have permission to do so, despite being logged in as an administrator on my computer. I also noticed that there were a bunch of files with the writeCacheBackup extension that existed, which to my knowledge was the result of the game not being able to delete such files after having created them, which is consistent with my attempts to move and delete files.

I did some digging, and it seems that the recent StarCraft II update has changed the permissions on the folder in Documents/StarCraft II, causing a whole host of issues not limited to the problems I was having. In order to rectify the problem, I had to change the access rights of the folder (and, by inheritance, its subfolders) to match the access rights of the other folders in Documents.

My Fix:

1. Locate the Documents\StarCraft II folder.
  2. Right click on the folder, and click Properties.
  3. In the Security tab, click Edit…
  4. Click Add…
  5. Click Advanced…
  6. Ensure that the Users object type is selected from the Location that is your local PC.
  7. Click Find Now.
  8. Select your user profile from the list that appears, and click OK, click OK, click Apply and click OK.
  9. Click Advanced, select your user profile and click Edit.
  10. Ensure that Type is Allow and Applies to is This folder, subfolder and files.
  11. Tick Full control in order to give your user profile proper access rights, then click OK.
  12. Click Apply and then click OK, then click OK.
  13. The access rights of the folder should now be changed for your user profile, giving you complete control over the folder.

Let me know if this works.
-samsim

This worked for me.

Yeah that didn’t work, when I get to Step 8 and go to hit Apply it throws me a ton of errors saying I don’t have permission to edit the permissions of a bajillion files.

However repeating this process in Safe Mode did seem to work. I can start a new campaign now, guess we’ll see how buggy it is though.

It worked once. After playing through the first mission on HotS and then trying to start again it broke again, wouldn’t trigger the zerglings being created, kept giving raptor strain.

1 Like

One more thing that might be related: playing through HotS and killing Narud played the first cinematic where Kerrigan kills him, but the subsequent cinematic where Zagara tells her they had to drag her back to the ship is missing. And I mean completely. It doesn’t even show up in the archive!

1 Like

At some (much more distant than the latest patch) point in the past, I was replaying only the videos of SC2, and it was already missing at that time.
Maybe there are some non-videos events in-between, and that prevent this video part to be available, but this is an older issue than recent events.

As far as I am aware that cinematic wasn’t ever in the archive? When I played through Heart of the Swarm in June it played for me in game.

It being skipped is probably related to the bug. It being missing from the archive I believe is normal.

If I recall correctly that uses the regular in game models as opposed to a video like the other ones are which is probably why it isn’t in the archive

1 Like

Could be the blizzard net app?

1 Like