Ultras are still trash

Why can a thor beat a ultra 1v1 both fully upgraded??? Why Can 100 thors almost beat 200(see: - YouTube)? Why are Ultras still complete Garbo??

Real question, why is terran so Op and why is Protoss so weak?? Buff Stalkers, Tempests, Voids, Carriers and Mothership and nerf ghosts, widow mines, and thors+ double MULE cost so toss can play the game again. Thx Blizz

2 Likes

Rofl 7/6 armor ultras or what is their armor now, with stimpack and you complain. Thors counter ultras. Use ling/bane with it you dumbo !! And infestors ! Ultras are one of easiest units to use, you just a move without any micro …

2 Likes

The thing is, Thors cost the same as Ultras, have ranged attack, splash damage AND have air attack that can chose to counter different type of air units. The Thor cost should clearly be higher or the Ultras cheaper.

That is in fact a good comparison because having ranged attack is a pretty big difference and should be factored in a unit’s cost, sure Ultras have more armor/hp/speed but that’s 100hp+3armor and some speed difference. But to compare with higher DPS ranged attack, on top of that you have air attack with 11 range with one of the highest DPS of the game ground and air. Does 100hp+3armor+speed justify that difference?

You can say, well, the Ultras’ speed allows to disengage a bad fight. Sure it’s a factor but when you are engaging with Ultras you are not meant to disengage without losing massive resources, now when you are caught in a bad fight with the Thor that’s totaly the Terran’s fault, because you have the option to harass with any other units and move out with Thors when you are confident that you can take a fight, otherwise it’s a throw.

Now in a fight with sheer power dispute the advantage clearly goes to the Thor. The point of the post is not to say that lategame comps consists on Thors vs Ultras, it consists in how much value a unit can offer in power. Ultras takes far more risk AND loses in power dispute for the same price.

Now, I dare to claim that’s something wrong with Thors because the Ultra is not the only comparison they excel at.

3 Likes

And you call me a noob. Get git noob.

ding ding ding

we have a winner

3 Likes

Just nydus all over the place with swarmhost and you are good 2 go buddy boy!

Do you know how mad terrans would be if every medivac boost and BC teleport cost 100 gas?

3 Likes

There would be no Terrans at that point, because everyone would switch to zerg (if they haven’t already). Come on bro; you know you’re being factitious right now.

They couldn’t switch to Zerg.

1 Like

Sure they can; they’d have to relearn some mechanics, but it is a much easier race to learn fundamentally. And before you say, “but DUALBLADEZZ YOU HAVEN’T GOTTEN TO MASTERS LEAGUE WITH ZERG YETTT BRUHHHH”. Then I’ll tell you that I am mastering the hardest race terran atm, then I’ll switch to zerg and probably get to a higher rank in half the amount of games it took me with terran. Tell me what is so fundamentally difficult about zerg? Is it injecting with queens, spreading creep, or spamming fungal?

You just said that if Terran were like Zerg, Terran would be so underpowered that players would switch to zerg.

1 Like

I don’t do all this doublespeak that people like you do tehbatz. Talk straightforward or nothing at all. You know how broken zerg is, yet you continue with your lies? Why do this?

Stop Hijacking my topics, you have your own badly formed troll posts to attend to noob.

You don’t doublespeak, you just dumbspeak noob

2 Likes

Yeah, Ultras do need a buff. They’re laughably bad right now.

1 Like

Increase the Push Priority from 10 to 11 is all it takes.

That’s part of it. The other part is the Ultralisk needs to be able to disengage better. I’d give it a charge-like ability. Check my thread for details on it.

They tried that with burrow charge lol.

Burrow charge was an issue because it made the Ultralisk invulnerable and then gave it AoE knockback when it emerged. Both made it weird and a bit imbalanced.

The way damageless charge (with a push priority on the charging ultra) works now would be great on the ultra. Much better than the speed upgrade.

The way charge used to work with damage would be great on the zealot :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall it’s really hard to balance a bulky melee unit. It kinda has to be borderline OP when it actually gets a good fight to be of any value, which is always gonna be tricky.