Ultra wide support

Agreed “misteral” is just a dumbass. Hilarious how ppl that dumb make up stats to try and prove a shaky point at best

It’s been YEARS. They will never implement this. They actively added code to PREVENT people from putting the game into UW using external tools. There’s a snowball’s chance in hell they ever add UW.

1 Like

Is there any development. I downloaded this game 2 years ago for my 3440*1440 monitor but black bars on sides. If there is any i’ll download it again

I fully support the incentive to add full 21:9 support to single player only, and I don’t mind necroing this and other similar threads to expose the issue further.

5 Likes

Again, it’s not an “issue”. An “issue” would suggest that the intended feature set would include UW resolution. The reality is: It doesn’t. There is solid evidence that they never intend to support UW because they added code to actively prevent external tools from overriding the resolution limit to remove the black bars and allow for true UW. If you want UW you’ll have to wait for SC3 and keep your fingers crossed that they decide to support it.

This is totally stupid not to support the resolution. Not to mention the reason of competition.
In the competition spirit, then please ban the users using a gaming mouse! I do not have a gaming mouse… so the players I go against might have one. So following Blizzard logic this is not fair!!! I play against with multiple programming buttons… you get my point right?

So, let the God Dam Ultra Wide resolution… who wants to make performance, they can just go ahead a buy a UW Screen (I’m sure they already have one anyway).

Please stop being stupid and implement UW resolution, you are ridiculous!

1 Like

It is implemented in the Game engine. Just not QA’d/UI’d for SC2.

:frowning:

Gaming mice don’t provide any additional advantage over any rebinding. Using macro buttons to do actions in game is against the rules. The rule for SC2 is 1 button, 1 action. The only things you’re allowed to use macro buttons for are: Rebinding for 1 action and for typing in chat.

As for people “already having” an UW Screen, hardware analysis of steam users show that UW is still <1% of the user base. This means UW is a still a niche resolution. Frankly the only reason to get an UW is for graphic design.

Yup. That’s why I don’t think higher-dimensional function simulation is a good idea for Starcraft 3. The reasons to reaserch it is for banking or neural network.

Well, keep safe, have a good rest. You know that bankers sometimes have werid ideas.

You should not lie

Thats 2 percent right there, not under 1%

2560 x 1080 1.13%
3440 x 1440 0.87%

Frankly the only reason to get an UW is for graphic design.

So thats why most the software devs at my work want UW? Or the finace team that uses it to look at wide excel documents? I’m neither but UW is incredible for me and my work. Open your mind. The only reason many dont use UW is because of cost or they are not aware of it

2 Likes

You should know by now, this forum will moan even if its 0.00000000000000000000000000001% percent different than what they run. This would immediately be hailed as the reason the forum loses all their games.

Software devs usually want it because you can mount it vertically which is good for console print outs when coupled with 2 16:9s for actual typing.

But again, you’re listing functional work purposes which is exactly what they’re for.

I don’t use UW because I have 2 true 4k displays.

1 Like

Having more vision on screen is an advantage, there’s no skirting that. It’s fact. SC2 is competitive. Advantages matter.

1 Like

This is the problem. Assuming they just add another option in the drop down menu and presto! Wide screen support!

It takes developers more work than that. It also takes people to test it. Considering the age of the game and the fact that a very small portion of people have them, that’s probably why it’s not on, or it’s very low on their to-do list.

Good thing you and everyone here isn’t competing.

I don’t use it because I want to turn my head to see anything on the corners of my screen. The only thing I want to move in a competitive game, when it comes to vision, are my eyes. It’s the same reason why I don’t have above a 25” screen for gaming. It has nothing to do with money…

Actually, I have a dream that lying on the couch and playing StarCraft. The size of my TV is 72 inches. But play by the keyboard and mouse is not comfortable. So, if you have time. I’m willing to pay 200 dollars for the wish.( About 1500 RMB) :grinning:

I tired Halo:War 2 but it’s not interesting as Starcraft.

Not competing professionally no, but competing with other players of my skill level definitely.

In fact, all you have to do is contact one of Blizzard’s sponsors, Corsair. And simplify Starcraft hotkey to 14 buttons or less with Blizzard help. Then label it as Blizzard. Remember to let me know by email when it’s ready.

this certainly would be nice, I just purchased an AOC 3440x1440p monitor as I love it for gaming and work.

There use to be a modification to make this work, but I guess it was fixed.

1 Like