The UED will comeback

Back in the day Gradius did a custom campaign in SC2 called Subjection. The maps are still on the arcade, and I’m sure also map sites.

Blizz even did an interview with him when he released it that got put on the site. I remember it being hilarious because he was throwing in passive aggressive jabs at the SC2 story throughout the whole thing.

1 Like

That’s impressive if Subjection was a first attempt at a custom campaign. I’m sure there was practice missions beforehand, but still. The only thing I remember off the top of my head that was a legit criticism was some of the cut-scenes going on for far too long. Pretty much everything else was up to snuff.

Pity, that it’s on the old site.

I watched an entire playthrough and while the cutscenes were long I never found it too long personally. It was interesting to see how the Protoss work, the different personalities, etc.

The only thing that did not make sense to me was a comment on the Tal’darim being bad fighters, but the mod was around WoL so nobody could’ve known that we’re not supposed to know of them.

Tal’Darim are bad, though.

That’s not the point, they did not know about the Tal’darim at that point.

Given how it took years to figure out the final and arguably best form of T’D I think I can live with it.

Nah. My base post was simply too short.

That would be great to read. Is there a link available at all?

I’d be very much interested in that as well.

You son of a zerg… im in YOU ARE RIGHT… Lets do something like that rebooting everything from that part that mengsk leaves kerrigan lets change it for something else!
sure ill get an idea! FUKIN THANKS FOR THE IDEA!!!

Okey now… for the idea i got thanks to TrickyHunter i had to redo a good part of job. But still i REALLY like the results. I really agree with that guy. Now with this kerrigan that wasnt abandoned in tarsonis by mengsk. This is the part where i plan to make kerrigan kill mengsk and then with the Terran dominion never born. We have a good setup for most human colonies and bases ask for help or even just surrender to the incoming UED force and the other part of the human colonies would just Join Raynor and kerrigan. They would try to take some advantage to escape while. The UED gets in a disastrous battle with the protoss and the Zerg. But Raynor and Kerrigan seems to be the turning tide point of the battle to prevent the UED acomplish its commie dreams over kopruhlu. (We can add an alternate ending where the UED just kills everyone and they win. Only if you want)

Honestly, what they did in BW was fine. Then she was one of the most well written villains, cunning and manipulative and ruthless but not actually the strongest especially not if someone tried to fight her in person.

In BW, we didn’t have this whole “Kerrigan super strong character who solos entire armies”. Heck, even as an in game hero unit she was probably one of the weakest.

The problem wasn’t infested Kerrigan, it’s when we gave her magical plot protection and godlike power that she became a really bad character.

Right! the massive battles from BW campaings compared to SC2… those battles are gigantic compared with SC2 battles… ive been thiking about it alot. sometimes im pretty sure that is because blizzard is thinking about the potato PCs out there lel

Depends.

Last two missions on Aiur are pretty
huge.

Dark Skies (#8) from NCO is pretty big as well.

WoL is relatively small-scale for obvious reasons.

I disagree. Kerrigan in BW had the villain ball in a death grip for no good reason, and everybody else had an idiot ball clutched just as tightly to let her win. Theres no good reason she should have murdered Aldaris and burned the bridge with the protoss, or betrayed Raynor and Fenix. Likewise, its all but impossible that Duran would have been able to manipulate the UED to the point of being able to murder Stukov like that. Those people have been friends almost their whole lives, and Dugalle already has a predisposition against Duran.

1 Like

Did we engage with the same story?

She is a badly written villain sue. The writer handed her victory through plot holes.

I had many disagreements with you in the past, which were almost certainly baseless nonsense on my part, but this time I am in complete agreement with you. You rock dude!

Im generally of the opinion that BW is the weakest part of the StarCraft story by a significant margin, because Kerrigan only ends up in a position of power due to everybody else throwing themselves under a bus for no good reason. Kerrigan shouldn’t have been a transparent villain the entire time, and her goals shouldn’t have become apparent until the zerg campaign where everything came together. It failed to establish how working with Kerrigan is ever actually a particularly good idea for anybody involved.

I sort of get the Aldaris bit because he was about to spill the beans on her mental control over the Matriarch, and then everything would have went south anyways. At least by killing him before he could blab, she kept that card in her pocket for use later.

Stabbing her other allies in the back for no reason before she had even won the war, yeah that’s dumb. Her allies standing around like surprised pikachu even though they all knew the knife was coming. Also dumb.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think she probably could have talked her way out of that one. Yes, of course she got the matriarch on her side before she reached out to the protoss. She needed an advocate to give her a chance to prove her good intentions, since Aldaris and Zeratul justifiably wanted to kill her. If she was properly manipulative, she could have kept that in her pocket for a lot longer.