The root cause of tvp imbalance

ok so obviously tvp is protoss favored late game(dont even try to argue with me about this), this results in cheese builds scv pulls and 2 base all ins from the terran player especially at the pro level. This is because terrans are too afraid to go late game against protoss, and it all comes back to one unit. The disruptor, because this is the reason you cant go late game against protoss, noones complaining about the colossus, noones like “oh man high templars too op” ITS THE DISRUPTOR. no other unit in the game has its comeback potential, and no other unit has its potential in general.

when gglord winfester got nerfed did tvz late game become unwinable for zerg? because their core late game comp got nerfed? no it didnt. it just made the matchup more fair. same thing will happen with protoss

also: disruptor drops is by far the least skilled strategy to get wins with that isnt a cheese, and actually is easier than cannon rush imo.

8 Likes

Disruptors do need a nerf. They are too OP at the moment.

And you are right. Protoss vs Terran in the late game is broken in favor of Protoss.

3 Likes

Wrong. Widow mine drop by far. Next

14 Likes

Yes, game is heavily favouring protoss atm. They lost to terrans 0:4 in ~1.5hours, this shouldn’t take more then 20mins tbh, super heavy favoured to protoss indeed.

7 Likes

I agree, I wonder who in the development came up with the idea.

imgur. com/a/lINjkjE So do you want to kill protoss with simle f2 amove? The fact that you are in masters without control groups is already a proof, that disruptor is not the biggest terran problem today…

4 Likes

I’ve said this years ago, when PPP was complaining about the liberator that the disruptor was far more broken. But no one listened and people especially Protoss players were saying idiotic **** like “look terran pros can easily micro vs it”, look at what happened now…

1 Like

As a Protoss player, the disruptor acts as “Crowd Control.”

Where as abilities such as storm have an energy requirement (and thus each storm is a commitment), and units like Coli, lurkers, tanks and liberators are for zoning.

There is no other instance of a unit having a Crowd Control feature like the disruptor. They do not have to siege or burrow, they are relatively cheap, and can be fired one at a time to keep your opponent dancing (you dont’ even have to micro it).

And if keep count of your shots (let’s say I have 12 disruptors) after I used half of my shots individually, I have no problem rapid firing all remaining disruptors in a push, knowing that my first six are still on cooldown.

So the main problem with the disruptor is that is it functions as Crowd Control, as type of ability present in MMO’s (like a priest’s fear in WoW).

Once disuprtors reach a critical mass, the terran can longer move into a protoss and zerg has to lurker turtle (hive lurkers).

Thus even if the disruptors fail to get a single kill the entire game, by simply forcing the opponent’s units to dance, those units were not doing damage, while the rest of the protoss deathball continues to chip away at the dancing units.

The disruptor is so strong that often 1v2 opponents in 2v2, when my opponents overall have better mechanics and macro. I’ll upload the replay.

I’m pretty good with spellcasters since I grew up playing WC3, so only GM/pro opponents can outmicro my disuprtors. Disruptors are the one thing I"m good at in this game (and phoenix!).

lotv. spawningtool. com/63001/

Overall I think disruptors are far more difficult to play against then to play with.

6 Likes

it wouldnt be an issue if protoss had to do insane micro(they have to do none)

The root cause of tvp imbalance: Terran whining

4 Likes

you should have posted this earlier you would have gotten like 10 hearts <3

can you imagine if there was a downvote button? all my threads would have negative 30 hearts lol.

Well obviously, collosi are a meme you just build marauders a few vikings press a click and they’re useless, high templars used to be relevant and you used to cry about how broken it was against terran prior to EMP buff even though Ghosts already had the advantage in terms of range, mobility and use and even though HTs got nerfed.

Too bad you have to actually micro and not just spam EMP and stim to win a fight against protoss right ? Too bad they can actually build something to kill MMM. Idk if you’ve heard about this but liberator is a cool unit that does a very good job at killing anything that’s ground.

2 Likes

idk why people keep typing as if protoss takes any micro and as if terran doesnt take 10x more micro than prootss, micro isnt the problem. the unit is too strong overall and one hit can end the game.

2 Likes

Ofc we all believe you :slight_smile: is this why Stats couldn’t take a single game off of TY with disruptors ? He didn’t even need to build libs :slight_smile: pure MMM, get good.
You’re bad that’s not a secret to anyone here, can’t wait to see yet another TvT finals in GSL and yet another terran win while protoss has been sitting here without a single win in over a year (outside of NA / Taiwan / HK / Macau region which lets be honest are a meme, just like you PeekaChi)

Also comparing broodlords winfestors to disruptors, lmao nice one. Litteraly a perfect composition without any flaws that produces free units that don’t require micro and are stronger than hydras vs a unit that costs 150/150 can’t hit air, is easily countered by just pressing right click to fall back, holy mother of god you’re a troll.

2 Likes

LOL ok im done talking to you. no clue what you are talking about.

1 Like

5750 GM EU Toss / 5400 Terran no build orders EU :slight_smile: meanwhile you’re diamond and blaming it on balance, while every data shows that terran is overperforming in every matchup, even the one you keep saying is imbalanced :wink: nice try tho you can’t beat facts and logics.

2 Likes

not impressive.
20ch

1 Like

Lack of skill.

And the rest of my 20 characters.

1 Like

thats not really imbalance if its caused by lack of skill

1 Like

Your words, not mine, but agree lack of (some) Terran skill is not a balance problem. It’s just a forum problem.

1 Like