The REAL REASON you are LOSING games!

No…my point is the real reason you’re losing is you. Your mistakes. My mistakes. We lose because we make mistakes. End of story.

I just said you can lose because of luck… even some pro gamers that are way better than the other lose to that.

Pro gamers can lose because of luck, sure. But unless you’re gm you’re not losing because of luck. Do you think a pro would ever lose to a diamond level player? No matter the “luck?” The answer is clearly no. You’re not losing because of bad luck.

Dude Dolan won a game vs DRG. I can lose to a unscouted DT and it can be because of luck from the other player.

Dolan was a professional player. Not on the same level as DRG, sure, but still far above diamond level skill. Anyone at diamond or below has no excuse besides their own mistakes for losing.

2 Likes

Ok Man tell that yourself every night before bed, maybe someday will become truth.

And I guess you just keep blaming other outside sources for your losses like those moba players. Owning your own mistakes is the only way you’ll improve.

Dude like really, can you read? I’m not saying: Oh everytime I lose is the others fault… oh you should blame other when you lose… I am saying: DUDE you can lose SOME GAMES because of luck from the other player, or bad luck from yours.

Reasons that result in loss: build order loss , unscouted by a margin some cheese, power going off from the pc, carpal tunnel pain, Battle net disconnect, hardware problem for mouse or keybord, lag, your gf calling you for sex, your mother calling you for dinner…

^ By those facts i say: NO you can lose some games not because of you. And stop talking about improving, I did not say a thing about improving, balance or nothing like that. Stop making me sound or say something I don’t.

And I’m saying no pro player would lose at diamond or below level for any reason whatsoever. Not build order, not cheese. Not lack of scouting. So no, you’re not losing to luck. You’re losing because of your own lack of skill. Because someone of sufficient skill wouldn’t have lost in that situation.

Obviously no ones talking about random IRL stuff…why even bring it up? Thats not game related…

1 Like

1-it will result in a loss, and that IS my point
2- im masters
3- even GMs and pros lose to Cannon rush even knowing they are coming.

Starcraft 2 is a game with lack of information, If a worse player couldn’t take a game off from a better player from cheese, they wouldn’t cheese. Stop pretending this doesn`t happen.

I’d love to see a gm player lose to a diamond cannon rush.

You are obsessed with diamond league.

My point is that one game doesn’t tell you are worse than the opponent, more so if you lose to a cheese or all in (one of the reasons we have bo3, bo5 and bo7). As you may know playing this game, sometimes defending cheese or all in is harder than executing it.

I agree with adjafre, even gm lose to that cancer cannon rush, even if u pull out ur scvs but he perfectly placed the pylon in between wall and minerals where only a few scvs can surround the pylon,then he transition fast to zealot, adept use of its spirit to reveal the high ground and kill the depot with the photon low ground. then transition to vr or tempest + battery shield stupid cancer build

1 Like

I mention diamond league because its a simple example. Somewhere around mid masters I think players switch from losing purely because of their own mistakes, to reliably understanding the game enough to perhaps lose because of RNG, or luck, etc.

However, anything below mid-masters and you are losing, without question, because of your own mistakes. If you had played better you would’ve won, regardless of the situation.

Right, that was my point - they played better than you in that game, and in that game only. If you played them again, you would probably win!

1 Like

I would like to add the option that your strategy had poor execution compared to your opponents as an additional reason why you lose games

1 Like

absolutely - I go into alot of games without having a build or a plan in mind. Big mistake.