The Next Commander After Arcturus

Who do you think will be the next Commander now that Arcturus is coming?

I’m thinking it’ll be Protoss. The most likely is Selendis but since Arcturus was such a surprise it could be Rohana or even Ji’nara.

Personally, I’m hoping for Rohana; I’m hoping she’d have the War Council as a unique building with access to units from each of the 4 Protoss factions (Templar, Nerazim, Purifier, and Tal’darim) to choose from.

Selendis; I believe will get a full set of Golden Age skins for her units.

3 Likes

Selendis as a Mothership the player builds a fleet with.

Niadra, the lost Queen. Spawns units from eggs modified with Protoss technology. She upgrades herself the more biomass she consumes.

10 Likes

My guess is Protoss, and my two guesses for that are Selendis, with a Golden Armada theme and a controllable, permanent Mothership, or Rohana, with a War Council and 4 Tribes theme, able to mix and match units and upgrades from the Khalai, Nerazim, Purifier, and Taldarim units and technology.

Of the two, I think I am hoping more for Rohana, as I think there are a ton of ideas to be done with a War Council-themed commander.

3 Likes

I hope it’s Protoss but geez is this topic early haha. Mengsk isn’t even technically out yet :rofl:

2 Likes

The first question should be - Do they have the inclination to do another commander?

5 Likes

Well, the War Council was technically your idea! :grin:

1 Like

I was thinking… Blizzard re-purposed civilian models to help make Arcturus’s army.

What if Blizzard were to re-purpose Lasarra’s (Protoss victim from Heart of the Swarm) model for a new unit? I know that I wanted the Preservers to be re-purposed to act as detectors. Thoughts?

Haha, yeah, I admit, once I had put more and more thought into it, I realized how much I really liked the idea of it more than the typical Skytoss-based ideas that Selendis tends to generate.

Don’t get me wrong, though, as I think Selendis and her Mothership and Golden Armada do lend themselves well to creative ideas and interpretations, but yeah, kind of on a Rohana fix in recent times~

1 Like

If they release a new commander, though I’m not sure that is happening, I’m guessing Protoss.
Can’t really comment on that, I am just a Terran scrub.

I… want… Jinara!

Flakin’ yes! I’d love that as well.

another commander is likely but, blizzard tends to suprise the community.

Ji’nara could actually bring the Protoss air superiority Alarak lacks so much with Tal’darim carriers, Destroyers, Motherships and Scouts.

The fact that Arcturus re-purposes certain units makes me hopeful for other units being turned into field units.

What units would you guys like them to re-purpose? Like I said I want Preservers. Maybe Selendis could use the Psi-Link Spires from the Heart of the Swarm Campaign.

I just have a list of units I want to see in co-op. Diamondback, HERC, Warhound. Valkyrie? Not a huge fan of the Predator but it could work for some commander in the future.

1 Like

stukov have the diamondback.

Yeah, right. I like the Infested Diamondback but it ain’t it. Tychus has Sirius and Cannonball but my Warhound and HERC needs are not satisfied.

4 Likes

Maybe the Mothership creates a powerfield that she can warp reinforcements to.

I like the idea of researching more and more upgrades to it.

Niadra could also be great for the mobile base theme.

If we get Rohana, I’d like to see her focus more on the psionic side of the Protoss given her status and power. At least a unique Archon.

Maybe she could use her link with Amon through the Khala to mind control some of his units, or make rifts of her own that spawn temporary units.

I feel like a small, but elite army and micro heavy theme would work well for her.

(As opposed to Zeratul’s small, but elite and face-roll autopilot army.)

I mean since they added Stettman as a Zerg commander they seem to scraping the bottom of the barrel for that race, so Niadra is very likely to be the next Zerg.

Older Zerg characters like OM or Daggoth might have some other issues…

1 Like

I think Izsha might be more likely than Niadra. However, if we see a Protoss tech infused Zerg in the next Warchest; then it might be Niadra.

Izsha is mostly my most wanted Zerg Commander to see. I love the idea of a Zerg Commander dropping units anywhere like Raynor or Artanis. In theory, Izsha could even drop defenses as well; looking at certain Heart of the Swarm missions.

1 Like