The most childish change on new patch

In the latest Pylon Show, both TLO and SpeciaL stated that they’ve told Blizzard Balance Team that Observer was too fast and powerfull. Needless to say, Artosis almost insulted them for their bias and incorrect opinion and they both gave a sneaky smile (TLO and Juanito).

Observer nerf as it’s core and upgraded it’s the most childish and incompetent change i’ve seen in all SC2 history. It’s not understandable how weak the observer is and how easy it’s to kill it… No need to say that whenever an Obs is on the making, immortals, wrap prisms, colo or disruptor are delayed enough for a timing push that just kills Protoss.

If the balance team can’t make their own opinion on the game maybe it’s time for a new balance team to take place because this way it’s hurting Starcraft or ZergCraft…

23 Likes

The observer nerf is really questionable. Out of all the things to address, one of the top priorities has never been observers.

11 Likes

Terran players whine about it all the time.

Not on the forums or reddit they don’t, not on TL either.

6 Likes

Exacly! I find this patch rather good with consistent changes that can turn Starcraft more excitement and less ZvZ… But the observer is just non sense and should not be prioritary. Instead we keep on having Tempests and Carriers that barely fit a role decently without having already a huge advantage in early mid game.
Save StarCraft!

8 Likes

Meanwhile they can summon a scan anywhere they want to anytime they want to. Double standards to say the least. It’s ok because the protoss players are strong and can overcome any nerf thrown at them, unlike the terrans who can’t win even after years of buffs.

7 Likes

When something unexplainable happens in fantasy; a wizard did it.

When something unexplainable happens in SC2; a Terran did it.

8 Likes

Where?? Quote me a terran player other than special here
Tlo is zerg you dumbo, and it was probably a combination of zergs and terrans, but you want to make terran hate out of everything, you biased mofo

1 Like

I mean, the observer is already slower than a worker, and already has barely more hp. If you scanned and didn’t kill an observer, you also would have failed to kill a probe sitting there, since it’s actually even faster.

6 Likes

The horror of it. An observer only…observes, on the other hand a worker…
Don’t let me start on the amount of mischief that the next-most-OP unit of the Protoss…
The worker builds Fleet-Beacon and Shrines where those mfers produce their OP units.

4 Likes

Wait wait wait are you trying to tell me that the whiners on forums dont accurately represent the concerns of the actual players?

1 Like

There. Fixed it to more accurately reflect the perceived dynamics at blizz HQ.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would have called them out on it. “Okay Special and TLO, explain WHY the Observer needed to be nerfed but know this, if your explanation fails, I will call you more biased than a plat Terran whinging about how pure Marines don’t beat 8 armor Ultralisks”.

Give them enough rope to make them look like idiots, then tie the noose.

7 Likes

They reduced obs speed with upgrade to below base speed of raven for example because they want terran / zerg players to be able to clear any obs with a right click

2 Likes

Overseer 4.72
Raven 3.85 → 4.13
Observer → 3.94

Even if devs want to nerf power of early game Observer breaking upgraded Observer - Raven speed relations is really bad.

Bruh the observer is freaking INVISIBLE. No other race has that kind of OP detector, especially since it’s only 25/75 and only takes 21 seconds to build. Overseer is 150/50 and raven is 100/200. It is the cheapest detection in the game, and the ONLY invisible detection in the game, but I guess it also needs to be one of the fastest?

It has the lowest HP out of all detection options and has no other spells.

3 Likes

I mean invisible and high health would be a little crazy.

It’s invisible if you don’t realize that you’re being scouted. Otherwise being slower than detector AND units that shoot air = being dead.

2 Likes

Unless you’re on low graphics settings it’s really hard to see observer. I always know I’m being scouted vs toss, but I only catch observers once out of every three games or so.