The Many Plot Holes In The Story About The Void

Yes yes, you’re a master of comedy.

1 Like

Well, I have a friend, who has a cousin, who has a colleague, who has an old classmate, whose driver has a girlfriend, who once encounters a community of smart and extraordinary people; they claimed that the story of StarCraft is the best Sci-Fi genre has ever offered throughout mankind history. The sad truth is that it’s far too complex for any feeble mind to appreciate.

For the last time, I don’t care about those professional who talked to. Either bring them or their argument here. Otherwise, I don’t give a damn.

Does not compute! Does not compute! Does not compute!

According to you, wart is most of the story. Thereby removing warts is removing most of the story. So, removing most of the story is not qualities as destroying the story?

Since when? I thought it’s a video game where you build an army to destroy your opponent. The story is just a backdrop for the whole thing to have some kind of meaning.

With the way you want to do it? Might as well just toss it to the bin. You threw away most of the story; I have no idea why you don’t just start something for yourself from the starch.

This is a joke, right?

No, not at all. I mean you keep saying that, but your action is in conflict with your word. To this day, I still don’t understand why you like this game. Anybody who like RTS shouldn’t have any trouble playing through the campaign. Unless, you’re one of those highly competitive player who play exclusively multiplayer mode, but then why are you here in this story forum? You cannot stomach the game. You hate most of the story. What exactly do you like about this game and story? I don’t get it.

You refuse to read about our debate over the story. If you really like it, then why it has to be hard getting you to read our debate? Everybody here would read those just out of curiosity. They might find it not to their liking and stop midway, but to not even try? It shows that you don’t care… right?

Everything about your action screams that you hate this game and just want to create something for your own, but you keep on insisting that it has to be this game. Gradius might be insulting the developers (used to) every other day; he might be calling out the idiocy of this game five days a week; but he keep all discussion in-universe. He never pull something out of the blue, because at the end of the day he like this game. All his argument base on the fact that everything official exists. I can understand that. I can’t understand you.

I’m breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I’m waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I’m radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I’m radioactive, radioactive

1 Like

Compare the difference between two people who watch a Disney movie. One goes “yay.” The other goes “wait so what’s over there and what do they eat when it’s not like that, why are there so many and and and and.” The latter is disappointed that the pretty cover lacked more substance.

For some people, the soap operatic drama between Kerry and Raynor was sufficient. Everything else just had to look cool.

SC never cares to explore more than the shallowest world building. It only went far enough for general audiences to go “neat” before refocusing on “space cowboy loves bug girl.”

That disappoints me.

It’s a video game.

It doesn’t have the purpose to emulate Bradbury or Asimov.

1 Like

I’m going to need some context here, brother.

Yeah, but usually the second guy move on to the stuff that actually appeal to his/her taste. In stead of bringing down everything except the cover art and write a fanfic base on that art.

it’s a song.

Its name is “Radioactive”

I disagree. Just because video games have been getting shafted for storytelling quality doesn’t mean it should stay that way. It’s a storytelling medium with more limitations but a valid storytelling medium nonetheless, just like everything else.

2 Likes

I don’t question your claim.

I question his demands. He expects way too much.

1 Like

It depends on the execution I guess.

For instance, on Kaldir, having the Protoss being immobilized at regular intervals and being defenseless against the Zergs is a gameplay limitation that you need to justify, sure. But there are other ways to achieve it than “Well, they just freeze like that”. Especially when they had a better option in Beta…

What was the former option?

Protoss had a shield that protected them against the flash freeze but immobilized them. Way better than basically getting yourself encased in Ice because apparently Frostbite doesn’t affect the Protoss…

1 Like

Too much of what and from whom? You can get a decent video game story by contracting a competent writer. Blizzard sets an absurdly low bar even by video game standards.

If you or anyone else here can give me a quote for a tech demo featuring a Starcraft clone that I can later solicit on crowdfunding platforms, then I’d gladly pay it now and get out of your hair forever.

1 Like

I think the problem here is the forums. People won’t talk much about SC1, only in the context of the second game. You want to criticize it, there are forums for the original game.

I tried that. I got agreements, polite disagreements, but there wasn’t really much. People seem fairly apathetic.

Not sure you’re better off here.

Well, because all those great critics you have written eposes about have mostly moved on.

I should too. I’m going to solicit for qualified persons to build me a tech demo of a Starcraft clone. If I get anyone, then I’ll be able to leave this forum forever.

That does not sound cheap at all.