That time when Avilo

Showed how a stream sniper played every single one of his games vs Avilo over the past three weeks.

What a knee slapper.

Also an indication that the SC2 community has some seriously mentally ill players and that cheating on the ladder is a real issue.

If I were a streamer, I’d welcome stream snipers. How else are you supposed to keep from falling asleep? The game is just too easy without something to make it a little harder. It amazes me that streamers like Avilo always cry about hackers. Just send them all my way. This game is too easy. If they hack they might stand a chance.

1 Like

Right…

That’s why you hide behind a barcode… because you want the greatest possible challenge in Starcraft 2 and playing a fair match is “too easy”.

:rofl:

1 Like

The barcode is my battle.net tag, not my in game name. My in game name is BOWLCUT. I am quite famous. You can look me up on various pro players’ youtube pages. BOWLCUT is my current “meme” account where I spam nonsense build orders. I recently made it to 5200 mmr using totally random build orders. Avilo by comparison abuses the easiest playstyle in the game (mech) and is only 4900 mmr. He cries about all the problems with hackers and streamsnipers, but the reality is that his issue is a skill issue.

This game is just too easy in my honest opinion. How is it that I can get into GM with nonsense builds? We need to nerf zerg, bro, and add maphacks by default for Terran. Just reveal the whole map for them – they might stand a chance then.

I am also not shy about who I am. Feel free to browse the forums any one of a thousand examples:

Mind you, PvZ favors Protoss with win-rates as high as 61%. Yet here I am clowning on 6k MMR protoss with meme builds. This game is too easy. If there are any hackers or streamsnipers on the ladder, send them my way. I could use a real challenge. I mean, it’s a video game – is it even supposed to be hard? It’s not like we’re running a startup business or curing cancer or something. It’s a video game – of course it is easy! If someone cheats it does what, makes the game marginally harder?

At the end of the day, guys like we are always going to be disappointed. They could nerf zerg and buff terran to the moon and let hackers run rampant and I will still get into GM while half asleep. That’s my experience in SC2. It’s just a continual state of profound boredom.

1 Like

Never heard of ya.

And Project80 is just my battle.net tag. I’m actually Maru.

Nice try barcode.

1 Like

Thanks for comparing me to Maru. :kiss:

2 Likes

It’s nice to hear opinions in this forum from someone who is actually good at the game.

I play at ~4400 mmr, yet I constantly have to defend my points because a bunch of gold leaguers think they know everything about the game. The game is mostly mechanical, any of you could hit masters or at least diamond, just by playing more games.

Sick of the crybabies, appreciate your reality checks to these folks.

2 Likes

||||||| ||| |||| |||||| || |||| |||||| | ||| |||||||. :face_in_clouds:

To quote Saliva:

What the *** is wrong with me?
My mom and dad weren’t perfect
Still you don’t hear no cryin’ a** b****n’ from me
Like there seems to be on everybody’s CD
So just sit back and relax
And let me have your head for a minute
I can show you something in it that has yet to be presented!
Oh yeah!

Does it really count as narcissistic supply when one replies to ones own messages?

:thinking:

Yep, I am a narcissist. You caught me. What are you going to do about it – call me more names? Oh no how will I ever recover. :rofl:

" If you were a stream " which you never will be, commenting on the topic is quite comical.

Go try it, run your mouth the way you do and see how much " fun " you have.

To be fair, a channel where a cheater streams his antics would probably be pretty popular.

The stream would still just be narcissistic and cringe.

15 minutes with me quite literally launched a streamer’s entire career. His most viewed video was of, you guessed it, me. Other streamers are moochers too. One has been reading some of my comedic routines on his youtube channel and got 50k views. That’s one of the reasons I am not as active as I used to be. It was pretty obvious, to me, they were borrowing content. I once posted a meme about widow mines and literally the next day a major youtuber had an almost identical meme on one of his youtube videos.

I stopped posting my comedic routines on the forums and the forums literally died. It went from having 100 posts an hour to 100 posts a week.

If I wanted to launch a streaming career I could. In fact, I have a buddy who is married to a woman who is a big youtuber. They have, personally, begged me to start streaming, saying, “You’d be a good influence on the kids.”

The problem is, I don’t have the time and patience. Things come very easily to me. Literally anything I’ve done in life has been easy. I look back over the years and see how I threaded the needle in countless risky scenarios where 99% of other people fail, and I did this over and over again across a multitude of areas. SC2 is no different. The game is incredibly easy. I got to Grandmaster with almost no effort. How am I supposed to stream this video game 24/7 when I get bored with it after playing for 30 minutes? The game is just too simple. There is no way I could be a video game streamer because video games are legitimately so simple they are incredibly boring to play.

It is more entertaining to rant online about how easy videos games are than it is to actually play video games. I actually wonder if it takes a mental disorder to be a video game streamer / pro player. You’d have to be obsessed with the game, and that strongly indicates, to me, that such a person probably has OCD. People with OCD obsess over things and form rituals where they practice doing a process perfectly, and that sounds exactly like what is involved with memorizing a build order in SC2. You’d have to obsess over the game so much you practice the same build, on repeat, to perfection – over, and over again.

The weird thing about OCD, in my estimation, is that they form these rituals over things that don’t matter. If you are a surgeon, you want to practice routines to perfection. But, why would you do it for a video game; what is the reward? What is the utility here? So people with OCD place too much importance on the things they obsess about, and they do this to such an extreme degree that it interferes with their ability to function which is the cut off point where it becomes an actual disorder and not a quirk.

So the question is then, for people who are playing video games all day long, are they obsessing over the games at the detriment of their own lives? It definitely looks that way to me. So, my buddy tells me, “Hey, bro, you should stream” and I am like “Nuh uh, bro, I don’t have OCD” and he’s like “What do you mean?” and I give him the rundown that I just gave you, and he says “This is exactly why you’d be a good streamer and good for the kids who watched your stream. They need to hear exactly these kinds of messages and you’re really good at conveying them.”

One of the most important aspects of life is allocating your attention to the things that matter the most. This is actually very important in SC2. You have limited attention and you have to spend it where it counts. You have to micro your army when it needs to be microed and you have to position your supply depots before a supply block. Real life is exactly like this. You need a list of your top 10 problems and top 10 aspirations. It’s fine if these aspirations aren’t realistic in the sense that you can’t see yourself doing them in the next 5 years. You need to come up with ideas that make good outcomes more likely to occur and bad outcomes less likely. It’s exactly how SC2 works. You put your attention where you get the most value, and where you get the most value is where you maximize the probability that something beneficial happens that helps you towards your goals.

People who play video games all day haven’t even started thinking about what goals they want to attain. They are lost; drifting in an ocean of short-term dopamine hits that the victory screen provides.

Delusion of grandeur.

Streaming isn’t grand. Obsessing over a video game, begging people for likes and follows, while opportunities in the real world pass you by, is the opposite of grand.

My first youtube video received over 3 million views. This is not delusion; it is reality.

Compulsive liar as well.

1 Like

On the subject of compulsive liars, how do you think that Atira thing went for Avilo. I saw the video where he confronted her in Canada (if I recall). Yikes, that was handled poorly. First of all, don’t do something stupid. But, if you are going to do something stupid, think about it before hand and do it in the least stupid manner possible. Avilo, in my estimation, absolutely bombed that encounter. Wow, one of the cringiest videos I’ve ever seen.

You are clearly mentally ill. Seek help.

1 Like

Listen man, if you want to market yourself through controversy there has to be a humorous element to it.