Terran buffs of 2020

Ghost, enhanced shockwave.
Stimpack reduced timing before stimpack completes
Marauders, we changed the attack so they do higher damage
Liberator, we made it easier to spam them earlier in the game.
Viking, health increase
medivac, we gave you an easier path to its upgrade and gave you more basespeed.
thors, we gave you an autowin unit versus air
Battlecruisers, we gave you an autowin unit versus all, by adding more damage and a teleport
Tank, we increased the DPS, we increased the health.
banshee, upgrade cost decreased, removed techpath requirments
Widow mine, we reduced the buildtime, soon to be: we made it invisible.
Raven, turret range increase, added new ability to shutdown any tech.

I dont see a single nerf since LotV.

26 Likes

your tears are delicious

9 Likes

Dont you feel like youve been caught with your pants down?

This was hiding in plain sight for everyone to see. The consistant buffs with no downside.

Must be too hard for you to actually argue with facts when these are the facts.

20 Likes

You forgot blue flame hellion buff. But have you seen the protoss economy though??? Truly imba. We just had 3/4 terran in the round of 4 and a TvT finals, but we all know parting had no business being there, only terran players were good and should’ve been allowed on the stage. Please refer to the myriad of terran whine posts about winning for important commentary on the state of the game

19 Likes

This all started when David Kim stop balancing.

RIght before LotV he left. The game has never been the same.

4 Likes

Maybe. I think they just started making more money with overwatch and now warzone, so they don’t really care anymore. They will release just enough changes to act like they pay attention to the game

I am sure its a money issue, thats why d kim isnt working on sc2 anymore.

I just dont understand their insistence on some kind of defensive nexus ability. At no point in SC2s history has anyone said “I really couldve held that all-in if only my nexus was better” but here we go again

1 Like

Its because of warpgate, so many terrans have complained about warpgate you wouldnt believe it. They ignore the cost of the units. They ignore the tech that cant be warped in.

Its all about defenders advantage.

Blizzard still believes through terran indoctrination. Protoss is the best offensive race out there because they dont have to deal with defenders advantage.

But effectively LotV caused warpgate to be ever more potent, seeing they wanted protoss deathball to go to the garbage bin, all the tech that cant be warped in is now redundant and only gives a marginal boost in army performance.

So logically the only strong suit of protoss, warpin in became ever more present.

In the end its funny, because of all the complaints about deathballs, terrans have dug a grave where protoss is forced to abuse warpin mechanics to even be able to win.

The shield battery was the building that could potentially force protoss to play defensive again, because making shield batteries cost minerals and the more you make the weaker your offense is.

In my books instead of focussing so hard on ‘fixing’ warpgate. They should just buff everything lategame toss again, and make warpins go faster the closer proximity you have to your nexus.

Added to that they should also remove the ability to plant buildings anywhere on the map for terran, because that also removes defenders advantage when cheesing for a terran

Saying Libs were Nerfed . Intesesiv Terran cries because you can counter libs now with Hydras

Lowering the tech time to get them out, and giving options to get more out faster is a buff. Not a nerf.

4 Likes

Still its interesting that you mostly show the nerfs for the other races and almost only buffs for Terrab

Its interesting why terran got perma buffed ever since david kim left?

You try to make this list then. See how many nerfs you come across that happened after david kim left to terran that werent reverted.

1 Like

I could make one and a list where the other races got buffed and nerfed . Like youre shoing zerg only reciving nerfs.

Deleted your Former Topics rename this topic to list of balance changes and I post a list with all changes or atleast major changes

Unnecessary buff as far as I’m concerned

Flip a coin. Frankly I’m still on the fence about this being necessary, but it ultimately hasn’t changed much other than making it more difficult to snipe.

Wrong. Marauders do the same damage that they did in HotS. It was a reversion to a nerf that happened at the start of LotV which ultimately made Marauders extremely bad in 90% of situations where you actually would want them to a point where marines performed far better than maraduers in the role that they were supposed to perform.

With the exception of moving Lib range from the tech lab to the Fusion core, Liberators have received nothing but nerfs since the start of LOTV. Range nerf, splash damage nerf (which, frankly I feel was the wrong way to nerf it - it was a necessary nerf, just the wrong way to do so - better to make it have damage fall-off zones the same way Tanks do), smaller targeting radius, flat damage nerf to AtG are just a few things that happened to it. I’m not saying they weren’t necessary, because they definitely were, but you’re legitimately ignoring history here.

Fair complaint here. I’m not 100% sure if it was a necessity or not, but vikings were pretty much made of paper before. Here’s a question, which do you think you would prefer to have - a viking that has 135 HP, which we have now, or a viking which has +1 armour at base (Vikings have 0 base armour despite being an armoured unit)?

The irony is that this is an upgrade that still isn’t researched. Frankly I think it should simply be removed at this point. Why have it when nobody uses it? It’s literally the last upgrade players get when getting a fusion core.

Aside from the HIP range increase, Thors had the base armour reverted, as well as the AOE damage from javelin missiles reverted, and had the damage of their HIP attack cut by a third, except against massive units specifically, which they’re designed to counter anyway. But sure, let’s ignore that.

BCs are flying paperweights without teleport, though it’s convenient that you ignore that Tactical Jump now stuns the BC prior to it jumping away. Frankly I think that TJ is a stupid mechanic and should be removed, but you can’t feasibly do so without also redesigning the BC from the ground up to be an actual late-game unit.

This was 100% necessary since Tanks were literally nothing more than a liability without both of these buffs, and since the buffs came as a direct result of losing the Medivac pick-up, which was, quite frankly, absolute cancer - something that DK wanted in the game, by the way, that should never have existed. Ever.

I assume you’re talking about the Banshee Speed upgrade? This could be reverted and it wouldn’t make a single difference to the game.

Gee, I wonder why they reduced the build time? Could it be that a 2 supply unit that fires once every 30 seconds was literally useless and meant that Protoss players quite literally ran away with a huge majority of TvP games without it?

Look at it this way. If the invisibility buff (which as far as I’m concerned isn’t necessary or warranted) goes through, then you can have the build time reverted, because it isn’t necessary if invisibility returns.

The Raven got a complete redesign from a damage spell-caster, and a broken one at that, with an ability that literally nullifies any projectile for an extended amount of time and a stackable, high damage AOE ability, and an Auto-turret that lasted for a longer time, did more damage and had more cast range than it currently does, into a support caster.

It has an energy expensive ability that nullifies units for 8 seconds, an AOE that does no damage but applies a debuff for a short duration, and a turret that has shorter range than it did previously. It’s cast range is currently 2, where previously it had a cast range of 3. It’s far, far from overpowered.

Frankly, to say Terran hasn’t been nerfed in LotV is just flat out wrong.

3 Likes

Warp-gate itself is a problematic mechanic for a number of reasons, but the biggest one being that it completely removed any semblance of defenders advantage.

And you know the funny thing? Previously, before warp-gate had slow warp ins on powerfields that weren’t by gateways or warp prisms, the people who complained about it most were protoss because it made their mirror matchups incredibly dumb due to the lack of a defenders advantage.

2 Likes

Ghost, enhanced shockwave was the biggest buff Terran couldve ever wished for in PvT. It shows you are a low level player by not seeing this. Or extremely biased and deceitful.

Templar are now literally worthless in PvT. The AoE is so large you only need to hit 2. to fully emp an entire army.

Stimpack reduced timing has opened allot of variations of timings for terran to abuse, it also allows easier defenses versus allins.

Marauders where buffed:

Punisher Grenade attacks reduced from 2 to 1.
Damage of each attack increased from 5 (10 vs Armored) to 10 (20 vs Armored).
Upgrades will provide +1 Base and +2 Armored.
Level 0: 10 (20 vs Armored)
Level 1: 11 (22 vs Armored)
Level 2: 12 (24 vs Armored)
Level 3: 13 (26 vs Armored)

Being able to rush out 2 liberators faster then ever before is a buff. Not a nerf. Most of the changes you speak about in terms of liberator nerfs have had no effect on PvT whatsoever.

Thors base armor is enough to tank any form of air. the AoE damage from javelin missiles wasnt even needed 0.6 to 0.5 what it was before isnt a reall nerf. Its tickling a BC with a sentry its ineffective. Typical that you state it here asif its something major. bias terran cough.

HiP damage was cut by half, but unlike what you want people to read you dont mention they attack twice as fast, wich allows them to mow down interceptors and splash against voidrays allot better.

BC are flying paperweights? They are the tankiest units in the game, with a massive 3 base armor slapped on a 550 HP healthpool. How biased can you be?
Tactical jump alltogether was added. Before LotV they didnt teleport. I dont need to talk about slight nerfs to a broken mechanic that was added for absolutely no reason at all.

Battlecruisers are the end all be all lategame versus any race. Yamato + teleport is still broken because BC’s have somuch health in the lategame.

You can still yamato half the opponents army when you are maxed out and at best lose 1 BC before you teleport away. It is the best unit in the game by far.
Especially considering they conviently also removed the energy cost for yamato to be even used.

Meaning high templar couldnt even feedback them anymore.

Tank DPS increase was absolutely terrible for the game. It allowed bad terrans to get carried expansions and bases by just spamming them.

Banshees are used in proffesional setting aswell with the speed upgrade. Just because it doesnt catter to your playstyle doesnt mean it isnt a terran buff.

Except widow mine build time was never too long. It was never useless and always had game ending damage. 75-25 is allowed to kill 20 probes and end the game right then and there?

Look at how abusive you must play to be so entitled to a unit that ends games even on the pro level with such a low cost.

Another biased awnser from you about raven. pretending interference matrix doesnt destroy collosi openers. pretending it doesnt nullify warpprisms. Pretending it doesnt stop carriers from even doing any DPS.

Talk down on a skill thats broken.

Typical terran extreme bias.

4 Likes

Yes, I’m fully aware of that, thank you. As I said, I’m still not sure whether it was a necessary buff or not. Frankly, I was against it and still am.

Except protoss didnt complain about it the most.

You know when protoss complained? When blizzard decided to make proxy pylons worthless and requiring gateways to be activated. Thats when protoss complained.

stop pretending you know all the facts. Because you clearly dont.

3 Likes