Switching to the reported hard race?!

I link replays versing 5k terrans you link me replays versing 3.5k zergs doing florencio strats. ZZZZ They’re still learning what units are and what buttons to press… Like I could be watching Livibee playing terran instead… it’s the same level.

1 Like

Blame random players. I ain’t got time to play vs random. If I wanted to play a guessing game, I’d play some poker.

It took her 1k games to reach that level. Put some respect on the difficultly of reaching this level of prowess. Where will I be after 1k games with Terran? Will I be on Pluto? Will I be trying to educate Pluto residents on the disrespect going on, on earth. “Hey guys, did you know… they said you’re not even a planet? They called you nothing. And they tried to act like I didn’t create the builds I most certainly did.” I’m not sure which one they would be more disgusted with, but that’s the kinda disrespect happening here.

When earth gets lasered to death by aliens, I’m blaming thrasher. I’ma be on Pluto, though, so I don’t care. I own some jackets, so it’s w/e.

Did livibee play terran to a ro16 NA tournament in BW with AVILO as a practice partner? NO… She had to settle for BERRYCRUNCH… Could you imagine what BW playa would be saying now that you don’t even play ranked?

New account champ… They’re free. I want to see the stats… Take a page from GOody and use the provisional MMR as a booster.

1 Like

His Terran is just as bad. I smashed him on ladder, flamed him for his build making no sense and then he spent 1 hour talking to me on discord, coping about how he isn’t a$s.

1 is standard, 2 is a weird recent meta I’m not too sure about, I think it’s for map control but on ladder 0 cyclones is more common than 2.

1 Like

Minor update. It appears I have to win 10 games in unranked, basically, and one EACH DAY (can’t be done in a day, etc) to be allowed to play ranked on a new account. I can’t believe I haven’t heard this before. I can’t believe there’s weirdo geeks with a million accounts given this.

The alternative is… give Blizzard money. Can’t do that out of principle, even if it just required a penny. That would be a nah son. So, guess I won’t be playing ranked Terran for a week’ish…

So, in playing news, I have yet to lose a game vs Zerg since I’ve started going mine, viking (add in tanks eventually). I’ve beaten higher ranked players since the first rep. I dunno. Seems like the free win strats have been established vs casually skilled opponents. Cyclones vs Toss. Mines vs Zerg. Now, only to keep you posted on the free win strat, to be determined, vs Terran.

In all honesty, Terran seems a lot easier than Toss starting out. The race macros by itself. The only thing to learn is the add on part. The biggest reason it seems easier, besides never being supply blocked… is you can do builds that involve a fast third CC that you know none of your opponents can punish. You just start every game ahead and your units are also better than your opponents.

It’s not like you’re going to be facing vipers or well used ones… If you can avoid playing in a way that loses to banelings, then I guess Terran life should be pretty easy. We’ll see how much I eat those words or not, though.

I’m not a fan of infinite unit selection with Terran. Seems unnecessary and just promotes all things bad. Not properly using hotkeys. An inability to do multi pronged stuff. I just don’t think it does anyone any favors, besides people who really don’t want to be competitive ever.

It’s fine to use F2, you can mitigate bad effects by shift queuing F2 movements.

Unlimited unit selection is something you’re going to use, not just F2, if you can… but it does one a disservice. It’s silly to think that it was a lot easier to do multi pronged attacks with Terran in BW and to defend vs multi pronged attacks, just because SC 2 suckers you into using death ball hotkeys.

It almost feels like a pick your poison thing. If you try to hotkey units a little more anti death ball wise, now maybe you fear you’re going to get out death balled. I dunno. It’s just weird to think it’s totally harder in SC 2 to do multi pronged attacks or to defend vs anything, really.

So far, T vs T feels like a slightly less lame version of T vs T in BW. Given there was no such thing as bio plus tanks in BW, it was a little more hard to punish anyone. But, it’s similar theme now still.

I don’t know how it works in BW, but you can play styles like Byun does where you just try to break the other bio player and its very aggressive. But yeah, TvT can be very turtly if you both play a certain way.

1 Like

T vs T in BW is a straight up nightmare. The norm was for Terrans to auto leave upon joining your game and seeing you had picked Terran. If you ever saw a game with the title of “no Terran,” it was 100% a Terran player.

No one liked it. Everyone hated it. It was pretty common for every Terran to try playing another race vs Terran. Idra, for instance, was a Z vs T player. He only started playing T vs T because Estro made him pick one race, for all matchups.

It was just massing tanks and goliaths (thors). When I was starting out, I had probably 5 drawed games on ladder vs Terran within a couple months. And, let me tell you… it could have been far more. Like “every game” could have been a draw if it wasn’t for one playing getting impatient and just wanting to end it, win or lose.

You kinda had to learn how to transition to BCs without dying, to have any chance to win games “before an hour” if the game was remotely close.

Eh, I like longer games. I wish SC2 games could go on for that amount of time. But I get that lots of people are very impatient.

1 Like

I always play for “full fledged macro games.” I mean, I’m the most macro centric player in GM. I’ve literally tried an all-in an amount of times that can be counted on 1 hand. And even then… I’m so macro ingrained, that I can’t stop making workers and expanding when trying an “all-in.” Not even sarcasm.

That said, I much prefer a normal LotV version of a long game (20’ish minutes). You know 30’ish minutes at most. In BW… all those draw games were well over an hour. When I played a WCG series, P vs T, vs Evade… every game was well over an hour.

And T vs T… it’s always like that in BW unless you really know what you’re doing. Like you use the most optimal opener. You exploit every little thing early on. That’s the only real way to be able to finish any games. Once a guy got a third… he could max and draw the game out for as long as he wanted, and had just as good of chances of winning as you did, no matter how many expansion you had (at normal level).

I tried playing without any bio in SC 2 (today), but… I found I was just having way too many tanks picked off for free. And just losing games I had no business losing. Unless I want to scan non stop, and gift the guy minerals, basically… that didn’t seem feasible/prudent.

I just don’t like “stalemate games.” And T vs T seems to breed those games. It’s why I hated the disruptor era in P vs P so much. It was just a stalemate game where the winner was decided by patience.

I really like games where you’re playing in unmapped territory. The most consistently unmapped game state is always late game, so you can be far more creative. That and proxy rax build orders. :^)

In a mirror matchup, I suppose. But, I often feel like supreme late game is 100% decided by the balance team. I mean that, despite knowing it sounds juvenile or whatever have you.

But yeah, most games it just feels like “I’ve played this same exact game 10000 times.” You’re just going through the motions on auto pilot. Already know how it’s going to play out and who is going to win, etc, etc. It can be hard to not burn out pretty quickly like that. It’s kinda like beating a game. It’s kinda natural to quit playing a game after you beaten it.

There was a lot of that in BW. I always viewed it as a game of many decisions. And SC 2 more of a game of predetermined decisions and “what comp you chose.”

Unmapped scenarios helps keep the game feeling fresh, but I’ve never really felt creative late game in SC 2. Like at all. So that’s kinda interesting.

I feel like late game is where players fall off the most, there’s more room to outplay your opponent in regards to decision making, mechanics, etc.

Maybe because only Maru explores lategame Terran.

1 Like

I dunno imho Zerg are much worse than toss. Toss at least doesn’t have units that Terran can’t counter (aka Lurker). Toss have such unit compositions though, but that’s super late game that almost never happens.

Also Disruptor killing 30 of your supply when you moved screen away from your army for a split second happens. With banes its not THAT bad. But I still hate Zerg more than Protoss.

I think people hate getting wrecked by proxy void ray + SB, as well as not knowing how to properly scout and executing their opening correctly. Actually you can see BeastyQt getting 16% win rate vs toss in one of his recent videos (and he was same mistakes as I did which is funny; it was playing as toss and watching uThermal guides that helped me, but I digress…).

Hellion-Banshee/Liberator than double stim drop pressure to controll creep spread (creep is like Zerg’s main resource) and than push with 200 2-2 marine-tanks-medivacs as soon as you got it.

If you fail plan B is 4M with addition of Ghosts. M with emphasize on Marauders and Mines with DCs. Marines are more like harass unit at this stage. You are not Clem, you won’t do perfect splits simultaneously at 3 points on the map.

Maybe your Zerg is sleepy snail and he forgets to get Lurker range upgrade or that he have a unit called overseer. Think of Lurker as new Broodlord-Infestor.

Alternatively, neraly everybody dies to hellbat push with marauders and marines. Reactor first, 4 marines, hellions, tech lab on barraks=>concussive shells, 2 marauders, Viking than Medivac from Starport. Viking is to hide your build and then for an emotional pressure. You want Zerg out of his comfort zone, you want him feel harassed and triggered. It is in this stage that he might forget that he have Lurkers or need to do upgrades for them.

If he sees Marauders you effed. But if he don’t this build hits like a truck. Also focus 3-d with this push, its highly unlikely that Zerg will just die, but when you kill his 3-d and cancell his 4-th by leftover marauders and marines you should have no trouble in finishing him of with tank-MMM pressure.

Blink Stalker pressure into Colossus-Charge-Storm is hard to deal with, but manageable.
Phoenix-Charge hits worse, but its auto loose for toss if playing against 3 Rax.
Worst is Phoenix-Colossus, especially when Disruptors are out.

1 Like

Ok so you are participant and disinfo like the rest toss pasters. Can’t take u seriously esp with the stolen builds mantra

Why don’t u guys just meet Myanuz

I’ve been making me a list of “serious fellows.” Congratulations on making the list. Obviously, a no brainer. Got you next to Pauly Shore and Carrot Top.

Serious breaking news. The kinda news you gotta call your children at school for. Best strat in P vs T is cyclone, viking. If you can avoid losing all your units to force fields or disruptors you win the games. How hard can it really be to not lose to force fields in P vs T? If that’s a poison that has to be picked, picking it every time. And the viking is the low key best harass unit in the game from a risk/reward standpoint.

Other matchups… I dunno. Let me get like a week, instead of a day, to “solve those.” I got my serious thinking cap on, though, so… why not?

The last person who called me a goof ball/nonsensical got a serious talking to, cause go figure. I invented the term “post/forum face.” Argue that one too, chumpy.

Hey playa, just a question on my mind. I’m playing a tvz right… you know the matchup in which terran usually trades cost efficiently yet I had an army twice as expensive as the Zergs and still lost… Just wondering what I did wrong? Seems like this guy was a big fan of MC too…

1 Like

That’s the respect I expect from everyone, going forward. I mean, I’ve had the chance to play Terran for at least a day, after all. It would be unseemly and ignorant to not treat me as a SC 2 Terran guru. For crying out loud, I already solved T vs P in a day.

Sounds like you experienced a case of “being a bad player” at the wrong time. Unfortunately, it’s only acceptable to play bad vs Toss.

In seriousness, how did you manage it? Given a pretty expensive army, surely not just losing bio to banelings.

I’m going to need another day and a half before I’m ready for my “I’m the best Terran player alive” series. So answer a question for me, myself, and you can be apart of what molded the best ever. What’s the Terran equivalent of void ray, carrier, disruptor vs Zerg? You know… the comp that can a-move/steam roll mostly everything?

Now, if you can answer that and you still lost… just confirming you played bad and it happens to the best of us. Unfortunately, it always happens to the worst of us. Tell me it doesn’t always happen Thrasher. I’d hate to give you this diagnosis, that I’ve had to give to all of my other Terran opponents. I’m sorry son, but… you’re a bad player. The truth that every nerd needs to hear uttered but isn’t man enough to hear it.

You’re better than that, though. Prob just messed up your hotkeys. You know them things always getting overwritten on accident or not registering and what not. Tragic stuff.

I’ve yet to try making ghosts vs Zerg. I need the run down on when to make them and to hear about just how awesome they are. Tell me their feats of strength and their shortcomings.

Even, though, I’m not playing ranked, I can still deduce my MMR. It’s 3900/4k’ish. Apparently that’s masters on EU atm, at least for the baddies.

A few games ago, I floated my rax into the Terran’s base to scout. It hit me. Omg… I’m playing BW T vs Z. That’s what’s up. I feel at home. Feels great. I’m in your base, hovering, scouting yo shiz. I don’t understand why that’s not a thing. I get that it was a thing in BW cause it was mech vs mech, and no bio going on. But… it’s 150 minerals. Saves a scan, no? And… you don’t even necessarily lose the rax, anyways.

Proxy rax/reaper (taking the route they would take to proxy me, thus scouting for proxies), bunker at their natural, and then factory into expand at home. Feels good. The other guy is all like wtf is going on and totally over defending. You see, this is the kinda stuff maxfraud would be doing with Terran if he weren’t lame. But, such is life. 100% lame diagnosis.

T vs Z… I’m not feeling the late game. I feel like there’s a million ways to win via harassing Zerg, and Blizzard has rewarded them for being godly enough to make it to the late game by giving them a free win! Don’t quote me on that. I’m just trying to be an edgelord here, but when you’ve only played Terran for 2 days… it can feel like dat.