Swann: the problem with supply

How about good old extractor trick then?

Open overlord first derp. And there’s always the extractor trick if that desperate to get around supplycap

1 Like

I do 2 drones, overlord, morph 2 extractors, morph 2 more drones and cancel 1 extractor. Keeps you in line with other commanders wherein you get 15 workers before needing more supply, and since I like to rush an early Omega Worm the extractor doesn’t hurt my build order.

I wonder how much of a difference there would be if Swann received the Command Center reactor upgrade…

1 Like

It is skill, co-op level does not mean anything.

Your league shows how often you get supply blocked because only your league represents your skill.

You can do nothing in the game and still gain exp, just hope your teammate can carry you.

Even top pro players will have supply blocked in the game due to intensive micro.

Improve your skill instead of QQ?

Given how they haven’t used it yet, I am wondering if they just hate the idea of reusing that campaign-based Terran macro upgrade, or if they have a particular future Terran commander idea in mind that they are saving the Command Center Reactors for.

I’ve forgotten to cancel the Extractors after queuing up the other 2 Drones. You could actually go +3 above by adding in an Evo Chamber into the mix. AFAIK, you don’t come out that far ahead since a 25% cost penalty on 75 mins puts you behind.

Regardless, this Extractor trick for Kerrigan doesn’t seem to be that much different than what you do with Swann (which is why I still put such improvements to both Swann and Kerrigan to be “nice, but not needed” camp).

Yeah I believe someone mentioned there was an analysis done on the extractor trick. And nobody uses it now in competitive due to it doesn’t make a difference. As such the same applies in coop for Kerrigan. Not that it makes much difference. Opening for Kerrigan has previously been discussed to death.

1. Macro Hatchery gives best economy.
  2. Straight tech gives fastest Kerrigan ability cooldown research.
  3. Queen is optional but many remain hung up on its overrated use.

Awaits with popcorn

1 Like

For Keri I go drone, drone, gas, gas, drone, drone, pool, drone, Evo, drone, up to hive, Keri upgrades. Go clear the map with Keri, make drones and lings in the background.

I feel like I waste 150 minerals for 2 Extractors (factoring in the Drone costs as well), only to have 2 Extractors that I won’t be able to use any (relative) time soon.

Now that I have all 3 of her upgrades, definitely shooting for the Hive one sounds attractive. I get it soon, but NOT ASAP. Reminds me of sprinting for Super Gary with Stetmann

You can always cancel the 2 extractors after you morph the drones. You will only lose 12 minerals, and you’ll have your extra drones.

1 Like

I do similar cos Kerri can solo so well!

If this topic was not so divisive, the thread should have died down much earlier, don’t you think?

If you need another indicator, just look at the likes on the first and second post… its 16 and 14 currently. Which to me at least indicates that the players are pretty much split in half over this topic.

2 Likes

Oh really?

So smurf accounts, cannon rushing up to masters, or leaving games already won, to keep a low mmr are not a thing then i guess.

Uh did you click on the wrong person?

I have no idea what your post (and the quote) has anything to do with my post about Kerrigan.

1 Like

Ah now i see what you mean… maybe i misquoted first and corrected it and the forum still displays the original quotes author? Dunno tbh.

Forum quotes are buggy as HELL. Don’t feel bad.

edit: case in friggin’ point, I replied to Zhadoom and in the edit menu it says I did, but in topic it says I responded to no one at all

1 Like