Swann grease monkey

Well maybe add (in addition to current P2)

+Turrets build immediately at any visible location on the map

-No Vespene Drones, 100 max Supply

4 Likes

I’d be OK with that.

I see. When I do towers with P2, I compensate for that. But yeah, if folks really feel the need for “Karax-style instant towers”, I’m usually not one to say no to buffs.

FYI, I have a chart here…

I don’t know, I understand everyone wants a super defense option like Karax P1, but he’s got so many tools to make it interesting and unique. 15% faster firing rate, ability to Chrono boost defenses from the Nexus, Chrono wave making everything rapid fire machine guns… And all of this WITHOUT having to research his upgrades (which Swann needs before he sees any benefit on P2).

Also, trying to cram a whole bunch of SCV’s on a small turret usually ends disastrously if they’re in range of a siege tank or anything else long range with splash.

You know what might be nifty? If there was some kind of synergy bonus with his units and turrets. Maybe he’d lose the Herc to simulate a defensive creep forward. Turrets have extra vision, while his units get extra range? A flat buff to both his and his ally’s army when near turrets? Anything to emphasize using turrets AND units, instead of static only.

Mmm k? FYI, I don’t check the entirety of your post history while posting some information.

If you already knew this then the previous point of “they are close” wouldn’t ring true (since you had the chart). So, I’m not sure what’s the point to highlight that specifically?

1 Like

The FYI wasn’t accusing you not digging it up yourself. It’s a heads up to the community that if they want a reference of exact figures of how long the most common buildings take, click there.

Yeah, so Swann is slower. Bring plenty of SCVs so they can quick build in parallel, plan ahead, and you should still be able to set up your towers in time.

That’s why the “drop build at any visible location”… no SCV needs to be nearby (you need an SCV to “drop” the turret, but the SCV dropping can be in your mineral line dropping Turrets on the objective.

(Hence the 100 supply because you can advance forward with Science Vessels that protect themselves and provide vision for the Turret Drops)… Disruption Web/Blinding cloud would be the only real problem.

Probably be a decent Cyclone build… Cyclones distract enemies+retreat while the turrets drop.

Proposal for additional effect of P2 - Grease Monkey:
Swann hero becomes available.
Turrets in a certain range of Swann get +1 attack range, +2 armor, gain +25% attack speed and can self-repair up to 50% at a 15hp/s rate.

This effect combine with the already existing upgrades boosted by prestige, meaning that with all upgrades:
Turrets in a certain range of Swann get +3 attack range, +6 armor, gain +50% attack speed and can self-repair up to 100% at a 30hp/s rate.

Do you think it would be a good boost? (though Swann stats remain to be decided…)

1 Like

I suggested something similar with Karax a while back, but with Probius.