Suggestion to make the Adept not suck

Patch note changes are not very good.

Here’s what I’d do.

Allow Adepts to attack air units
Give Adepts a 2nd upgrade that increase their range by 1

Now Adepts will see use.

8 Likes

This change should happen anyways.

They are good in the patch notes, but I think for Adaptive Shielding they should increase it to +30 shields instead of +20.

They really don’t need 5 range. 4 range is good.

Not really interested in your opinion but thanks?

2 Likes

If you are not interested in everyone’s opinion why did you post a thread that everyone can post in?.

Seems a little hypocritical considering your posts about HK in all.

3 Likes

You’re not everyone. If you don’t like that I don’t care about your opinion, I suggest a therapist.

Don’t link HK to yourself. That kind of crap is why I don;t care about your opinion. That’s all you get from me, cheers!

3 Likes

Monkey’s chirping thinking they are birds.

I think this will hurt the Zerg a lot more than the Terran, maybe also a cost adjustment. After all it will be a muta + ling counter on 1 unit.

Mutas aren’t supposed to be fighting the army anyhow, they’re supposed to be killing probes and sniping Pylons. Using them to attack a bunch of GtA Adepts would be like using Mutas to kill Archons.

Also, if there’s a bunch of Adepts, you get banelings.

4 Likes

…and what is keeping you from just building them defensively to counter lings and mutas in your base?

1 Like

Do you want Adepts to attack air as soon as they come out or later as part of the glaive upgrade?

Phoenix Adept may be a little too strong if Adepts can attack air right off the bat, but I think it will be fine in the long run.

They could just tie this into the shield upgrade or the glaive upgrade. Unless 140 health is actually good enough with that range, which I am not certain about.

One suggestion: The Adept’s missile needs to move faster so that Adepts overkill less.

1 Like

The same reason why Archons are bad vs mutas defensively. Mutas can fly over buildings, over ramps and snipe stuff while the Archons chase but never catch…any competent zerg player knows this trick…it’s been a thing for a decade lol.

3 Likes

Not good example, archons are big and clumpsy. Plus you got speedy shade to go between your bases.

1 Like

If you think that slow Adepts and their slow shades with their low 4 range is going to be enough…you’re delusional. Mutas will just fly around, sniping pylons, killing probes until you warp in a ton of Adepts and split them. Then you go back home and make BANELINGS before you punish them.

The situation you’re describing is pretty much silver league nonsense. Maybe even Bronze because no self respecting Zerg is going to let your Adepts kill the vastly more mobile Mutas when they can abuse building placement and terrain…

3 Likes

Why not change their range to 5 and that’s it? The only comparable unit I can think of with the same range is the Roach which is cheaper, tankier and has almost double the dps. I think given what the Adept is supposed to be used against it only makes sense to have it start with 5-range.

Besides it makes more sense for the air attack to be an upgrade doesn’t it?

3 Likes

I suspect it would be a balance issue to give Adepts 5 range without an upgrade.

What kind of unit interactions do you have in mind? That they will be too strong vs Marines in the early game?

Adept vs Marine early on. Especially with a fast +1 attack chrono’d out and Glaive.

Adepts vs workers in general would be nightmare fuel with base 5 range since they can hold position in mineral line choke points while hitting more workers. Stuff like that.

Default air attack wouldn’t have any impact like this. WHat it would do is make Terran cheeses involving the Starport easier to hold and annoy Zerg by killing 1 st and maybe 2nd scouting Overlords, before Ovie speed is researched.

1 Like

Mutas have 3 Range. Add in some batteries and is a pretty good deffense against mutas, I’m not saying it will be enough but is still a hard counter to ling and muta in 1 gateway unit. Currently toss have none of that.

Yeah, that could be an issue. Having them start with air attack makes them the go-to unit for early game protoss. You basically would start by making just Adepts. Against Zerg they could clean the overlords (and the range upgrade would make compositions like archon adept more viable later on), against bio Terran the range upgrade would make it beneficial to mass them early on. It could change a lot is what I’m saying.

Doesn’t matter that Mutas have 3 range. They don’t fight army units that can fight back unless you have an overwhelming advantage. Shield Batteries are AWFUL vs Mutas due to the bounce attack and Shield Batteries only healing one unit at a time.