Suggestion to make the Adept not suck

Upgraded Adepts will be tougher than Zealots and have 16.4 dps vs light.

I doubt Blizzard are even considering making them hit air units, nor doing anything to make them better in early all-ins. The changes are to make them better in PvZ, as +20 shields is no help vs EMP.

When EMP isn’t around fully upgraded Adepts are really good vs MM when supported.

They should since it would fill a gap that Protoss is missing and has to rely on Phoenix or die and Stalkers which suck at it.

Exactly they don’t fight, the harras rendered useless on the probes, thats the point.

Archons are already better than Adepts would be vs Mutas because they don’t require an upgrade to do full DPS, meaning they can be warped-in immediately on scouting a spire.

Adepts are cheaper, come out sooner and have more range. They also don’t get stuck with pathing around structures.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to switch to Terran and make marines m8.

What? Are you trolling?

Mutas fly around to probe lines and pylons, killing them. They wouldn’t fight Adepts unless there’s enough mutas to make the Adepts pointless…

Normally I detest the league card and don’t pull it but your top league in 1vs1 is Gold and it shows since you have no concept of how Mutas do their thing. At your level, sure maybe Zerg do dumb things with Mutas…but at my level, not so much.

I suggest practicing with or against Mutas until you do understand how to use them adequately. Then we can have a conversation on this topic.

There’s just no way that a zerg player with mutas at any reasonable level of skill would throw Mutas into Adepts that attack air. That’s a massive misplay.

3 Likes

That’s right, so now you have yet another counter to mutas in your bases and a pretty good one too.

Fine but why you fail to acknowledge that a hard counter to ling and mutas in one unit is massive for deffense. First you said they’ll had the same problem as Archons, they wont. Now you say because mutas wont attack them, that’s the point! Anyway I guess we reached a wall here so, bye nice chat.

2 Likes

You keep missing out on something important. Why the hell would mutas fight Adepts unless you’re guaranteed to win the battle with next to no casualties?

That’s a misplay. They run around killing stuff that can’t attack, luring Adepts, Stalkers and Archons out of position before running to another area for more damage. That’s the entire point of using Mutas in ZvP…they’re skirmish units and harass units…

Zerglings turn into Banelings and Banelings erase Adept clumps. So no, it’s not amazing that 1 unit from Protoss can counter 2 units from Zerg if they’re F2 A move’d.

2 Likes

Anybody who thinks adepts with anti air attack wouldn’t make Mutalisk obsolete is completely clueless about the game

You can’t compare them to archons which are too big to move around, cannot be warped in, can be magic boxed, cannot shade, and are expensive af

1 Like

Adepts can shade, be warped in, and have higher dps against light. Also roach dps is not double with glaives

And while roaches have 5 more health they are not an all around tank like the zealot and adept since their armored attribute makes them so susceptible to heavy hitters like tanks and immortals.

I wasn’t trying to argue that Roaches are better. Just that they are a different unit which has different advantages which may justify it having 4-range. I feel like the only reason Adepts have 4-range is because the existence of warp gates make them terrifying in the early game vs workers (that and vs Terran).

3 Likes

Yea adepts would be broken in early game tvp if they started with 5 range

Marine, hellion, reaper

4 Likes

…Adepts actually start to lose against most of the light combat units they supposedly counter in larger engagements or after the enemy units receive certain upgrades. Adepts waste a lot of shots, which severely limits their strength.

7 Likes

One trick which helps mitigate this but has extreme risk is shading on top of the enemy. This allows Adepts for some reason to smart fire like Marines. If the Zerg has Banelings though, you probably just threw the game by shading Adepts this way lol.

2 Likes

Specifically:

• The missile travel time will be minimized
  • The Adepts will each be closer to different units.

So they won’t waste nearly as many shots.

4 Likes

By this time they would have already filled the deffensive roll into your next build. Also this is different if they actually go for the proposed changes.

I’ve never understood why banelings don’t do friendly fire. Why is it that all Zerg splash (fungal/banelings/PB) doesn’t do friendly fire while most of the other splash in the game does?

2 Likes

Adepts just dont have the mobility to counter mutas. Just think about it.

1 Like

Are you serious??.

If banes had friendly fire they would kill the rest of the banelings and Zerglings.

They do with Shade.

2 Likes