Stuck in "Entering Lobby"

Yesterday I played roughly five custom games. Upon leaving two of them and trying to join another custom game I was pending entering lobby for several minutes before I had to kill the SC2 process. Today as I am typing this very message, it has happened again. I just finished a custom game, clicked on take to me score screen. closed. Tried to enter new lobby in custom library and pending entering lobby for 10 minutes (10 minutes because I left it pending while I wrote this). This is a reoccurring problem. Please investigate.

I’m a software engineer. Please raise a defect, assign it to the engineer team who manages battle.net SC2. This has happened so much that the production manager and software engineer manager should be replaced or trained…

I’ve also had this problem for years like everyone is saying. Finally I re-installed SC2 on an SSD drive on a new PC and the issue hasn’t been present once in the past 3 months (I play sc2 arcade games daily). Update: No, it’s started happening again. I just got stuck “Entering lobby” after exiting a game which wasn’t completed, and I had to re-log. When I relogged the game had already started so I missed out. Pretty bad experience for Blizzard’s customers.

I also share the same problem, custom games don’t load and i can´t play them

Years later. Still broken.

This worked for me:

• reboot router (really)
  • Battle.net → SC2 → :gear: (Gear) → Game Settings → Reset In-Game Options → Are you sure you want to delete … → Reset → Done → Play

Yep, it still happens. Yet no one cares at Blizzard Entertainment.

Hi just checking back since it’s been two years since I replied to this and the issue has got better but still remains. Has anyone in Blizzard looked at this issue or even got it on their backlog? Why is their no communication with us?

1 Like

It’s 2024. I’m introducing my nephews to StarCraft for the first time, and this is STILL a hangup for all of us. “Creating Lobby” or “Joining Lobby” hangs indefinitely, and a full reset of BattleNet and StarCraft is required to fix it - but doesn’t work every time (…)