Still waiting on that GSL Protoss dominance

Now, there is no more place for Toss to win in Korea. Nice double TvZ Ro4. Tell me again how Toss is imba and OP OP if they can’t win the best league in the world ? You’re gonna tell me ALL players suck and that Terran are just magically better players ? Seriously this is getting lame

6 Likes

you don’t understand, protoss is just freaking OP

look at the GSL ST data from liquipedia ( 2021 AfreecaTV GSL Super Tournament 3 - Liquipedia - The StarCraft II Encyclopedia )

according to Batz and some nutcases, Protoss win rate should be sitting at below 10% because Protoss players are inherently low IQ and whatnot
but PVZ and PVT are whopping 38.5% and 26.7% respectively

which shows how OP Protoss it is

1 Like

Truth is, the game is pretty balanced, the best players during the matches are the ones who win, P players can win, or can lose, it depends on the players skill. Trap showed that he could win with P, so it is possible winning premiers with P.
Whinners are just sour people who are low skill and lose to voidrays or chargelots and are biased towards P no matter what,you could nerf P and they would think they were still OP.

4 Likes

Stats could be this year if he hadn’t gone for the military. Zest showed it last season he can still win another GSL only to fall to a hungry and well prepared Cure.

Protoss could win but the truth is outside of Trap, I cant see another Premier Korean Protoss. Zest will go to the military soon. Zoun could be that successor but its still a long way to go for him.

I believe someday some Korean Protoss will lift that prize once again but not anytime soon.

They really are. Protoss has been op for years and thinking a single tournament results shows that protoss is underpowered speaks volume about how ignorant you are. Its a single tournament and the 2 protoss just chocked their series even though they were playing the easy carry race. They lost because their opponents are infinitely more skilled than them.

3 Likes

If P was OP they (more than one player) should be winning every tournament at the top,that’s what being OP is, winning no matter what.

5 Likes

It’s worse than you could ever imagine. not only low rep in GSL but No Protoss in Dreamhack winter semi finals and no Protoss even in the round of 8 of the King of battles.
Explain forum Terrans.

2 Likes

Nobody cares about GSL.

On the ladder and in lesser tournaments Protoss are vastly overrepresented and cause extinction of both Z and T.

I hope you enjoy sucking each other Void Rays in PvPs because you make the game unbearable to the rest of us.

3 Likes

We have reached the point of self parody i think. The whiners are literally pointing to the lack of protoss performance at the highest levels as proof of protoss being OP. You cannot make this stuff up.

3 Likes

I didnt get it pointed about poor results same time say protoss op makes no sence

Nobody cares about ladder.

3 Likes

They can’t win the best league in the world because Trap is the best player there and he isn’t as good as Maru Rogue or Dark. It’s as simple as that.

He just isn’t as good as those 3 are.

2 Likes

You can’t really take korean scene seriously after it was decimated with 2016 kespa shutdown right

1 Like

Those who play on the ladder do, as well as those who care about the state of the game.

Protoss whiners like you are perfectly happy with the current state of affairs because you get free wins when playing against Zergs and Terrans.

The root of the problem is Blizzard though that gave Protoss a lot of free win no micro tools and gave very micro (and APM and SPM) intensive tools to Z and T to counter Protoss no-micro tools. This creates imbalance both on top level where P players don’t have enough stuff to micro and on ladder where T and Z don’t have necessary micro and APM to counter Protoss A-Click. Thus we have Protoss with 50-70 APM and very low SPM winning against 120-130 APM Terrans and 180 APM Zergs.

Protoss abuse skill-independent “strategies” and overperform in ALL of the ladder as well as in local tournaments but suddenly this strategies don’t work among the top dozen of players who are getting paid large amount of money for playing.

2 Likes

That’s a load of claptrap. This clown forget that for all their “micro” Blizz gave T/Z big bonuses in DPS and other.
We would be happy to turn Zealots in a “micro” unit (it is but this moron plays dumb) when Charge would be unleashed manually and the Zealot DPS and Speed would be increased by 40-50%.
Imagine the howls of those garbage posters in that situation.

I actually advocated for this change at least 2 years ago because such change is EXACTLY what Protoss needs - more power that can be got via skilled micro and less power to a-click.

I also advocated for increasing WP pick-up range and increasing its cost to make it stronger but an actual investment.

And many changes like that. Obviously skill-absent units should be nerfed or even removed from the game, prime example being the SB.

PS> I also don’t get why Goba still tries to troll me. I thought we figured out long ago that the only reaction his trolling attempt will get from me is getting reported.

Someone doesn’t watch GSL Super Tournaments.

Actually i do. This is the exact point of my post. Protoss use to have chances only in ST, but it seems that is over

I think all races have fair shots to win major tournaments. I think the balance for every terran who isn’t top 10 in the world has it the worst.

1 Like

Stupidest thing I’ve read all day, and I usually agree with you.

The only thing I care about is ladder, because it’s my own experience that matters to me, I don’t rate how the balance feels based on how the pro games go.

1 Like