Stettman (co-op) audio levels

Since approximately the release of patch 4.11.0, Stettman’s voice lines in co-op - both as a commander and as a mission announcer - have two very different volume levels. One is the more traditional level, as you’d expect from a commander or announcer, while the other is significantly louder. Each individual line’s volume is consistent, however, in that the loud ones are always loud and the others always aren’t.

Both systems I have been able to demonstrate this issue on use Creative sound devices - one an internal Sound Blaster Z, the other a USB Sound Blaster X3. This may or may not be relevant.

*ed: As irony would have it, just got the right mission. Example audio samples:

• “My bots are back! That means its “T” time. The “T” is for terrazine!”
  • “That’s a good little bot! Welcome home! I missed you so much!”
  • “These are the last of the geysers! The last of their kind… all alone in the depths of space…”
2 Likes

I’ve got problem with Stettman too. I usually play with volume at 100% and I have no problem with the 17 other commanders or mission givera.

But when I take Stettman or get a Stettmann ally, I have to put volume between 30 - 50% because if not, my ears are bleeding. He don’t talk, he yell everything with all his forces.

Then I put it back at 100% because all other commanders and music, etc., everything is fine except Stettman.

And there are no options " Put Stettmann volume at the same volume of everyone else"