Starcraft not opening

The game was working and has been working for the past month or so, all of a sudden today I can’t get it to start, just keeps booting me out right away, and stays there on the taskbar, I have tried scan and repair, changing the in game settings, I even went to NVIDIA control panel and reset default (even though it was fine yesterday??) please help

2 Likes

Hey Cracker,

If everything worked fine for you yesterday go ahead and do a system reboot if you haven’t already. We’re then going to try launching in Windowed mode. Should that not work out let’s grab system files and if there are any error logs and get it sent over to our technical reps so they can see if something went wonky.

Click the Blizzard icon on the Blizzard desktop app.
Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
Click Game Settings and check the Additional command line arguments box under StarCraft® II.
Type -Displaymode 0 in the box and click Done.

Everyone complains when there is a bug, but no one says thanks when it’s fixed.
Thanks guys for the hard work! The game loads fine now, the MMR bar is showing correctly (although I’m not happy with what’s shoing :slight_smile: ) And I have’t experienced (yet) match fails like before.
Tech support gues please pass this to the developers and the QA because they deserve to get it.

Correction. Now and then match making still fails after 30-60 seconds wait.

Mac Mojave 10.14.6
I’m having the same problem. Starcraft II will not open after the update.
I’ve re-installed, didn’t work. Complete uninstall then Installed both Battle.net and Starcraft II. Didn’t work! tried using the Beta Battle.net, didn’t work!. Really!! ???

Battle net does work, but when I click on “Play” , the Starcraft icon appears and immediately disappears followed by a very long Error code from Mac.

Well I spoke too soon. The problem still exist. I also got the long error code once, but it disappeared after reboot. However starcraft is still taking few minutes to start after clicking “play”…

Hey NickSoft,

I’m sorry that the issue has returned. Go ahead and submit a ticket with system files as well as the errors you’ve gotten. Make sure to include any troubleshooting steps you’ve already done. This helps our technical support reps when it comes to troubleshooting.