Starcraft II stuck installing

Hey all,

Trying to get back to SC2 to play a bit with my son but having a major issue installing the game. I can get to the SC2 install screen where it prompts for install location, auto update, I click install and the triangle just spins forever. Tried rebooting, I tried the troubleshooting steps recommended.

What’s the story here? It should not be hard to install a game like this…

Are you connected to Internet?
If yes, maybe a necessary download is indeed made, but that part of the install process “doesn’t count” as progress to be displayed, so it feel like it’s stuck?
You can try monitoring cpu usage and network use in the task manager or something, to figure if there’s work being done or not.

Thanks. Yes, I’m on the internet :slight_smile: the SC2 installer actually patches first with battle net it says when you run it. I’m fairly technical and did look at task manager. It looks like CPU usage is not major, 10-15% when it hangs. Seems like the install is just sitting there waiting on a step. I found some older posts about the SC2 installer needing to create a folder in Documents folder (user tree) which had access issues if you have OneDrive. (I don’t) Tried those troubleshooting steps, and even creating a brand new admin account in Windows 10, it still hangs there at the SC2 installer… so I’m certain this is an issue with the installer.

1 Like

Howdy,

The problem you described typically points to something on the computer blocking the install, like security programs. If you have any, I’d recommend configuring those programs to allow the Blizzard app as an exception. Otherwise, you may need to try disabling the security software temporarily to test the install.

Thanks Zenlaka - I don’t have any kind of security software than regular Windows 10 64bit Firewall/Security built in. Is there somewhere I need to add an exception? I also tried creating a new admin account and installing there, brand new, and hit the same inability to load which makes me think it’s nothing specific to this computer.

Appreciate the help.

Howdy,

You could try adding an exclusion in the Windows security software by following these steps. If this doesn’t help, I’d recommend changing the install path if possible or changing the region of the Blizzard app when you first log in. If you have another computer, you could try installing on that device to compare the difference. If this happens on both devices then it could point to a local networking issue. Testing another network like a mobile hotspot could help in that case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.