Starcraft II down for maintenance

Does anybody have a fix for this. StarCraft II keeps saying that it is down for maintenance. I tried a repair, which it downloaded a small file, but it didn’t make any difference. Does anyone have a fix for this.

what server are you trying to connect to?

1 Like

I recommend you reinstall SC2, if that doesn’t work, try to disable your anti-virus software, if you have one, then disconnect and reconnect your internet connection, then click options>check for updates.

Hey, Magdalla! It sounds like you’re running into this known issue. A reinstall should generally work if that seems to be the easiest option.

2 Likes

if you are trying to connect to xx-07, then that is the public test realm. that is not currently active. noone can play on the public test realm at the moment. if that is your problem, just play on one of the retail servers until it comes back.

The issue people are running into is that they are selecting a retail server to play on, but the PTR is launching instead. It appears to be due to the PTR executable being present alongside the retail executable.

Just wanted to clarify that this is true. It’s not happening as often, but we are still seeing issues with the PTR executable being in the retail version of the game. Though, it might also be caused by attempting to connect to the PTR without the servers to connect to, so good call outs!

This worked perfectly for me and the game started right up after deleting that file.

Thanks for the info.