StarCraft II 5.0.2 Patch Notes

If a thor is neuraled terrans army will still attack zerg units and only attack the thor on command. Currently if a carrier was neuraled protoss army will attack the interceptors. It was brought up long ago by a respectable protoss poster i forgot his name.

The speed buff and production buff alone make the void ray SO much better. Think it might actually be used in PvZ again and be an reasonable answer to roach pushes

I donā€™t know. Maybe is a bug. A disruptor Shot is able to traverse units (including Thors and Tanks in Tank-Mode). Only exception is Tank in Siege-Mode that behaves like a structure.
They maybe have put that tag as a nerff to Disruptor, now if it is true they should let Novas traverse Sieged Tanks orā€¦let Tempest slaughter them.
It is a funny thing to see what they will do.

whenā€™s the last time you saw tanks and tempests show up on the same screen in 1v1 though? lol

I think they changed it to a structure during the bug on shakuris plateau that allowed you to stack heaps of tanks in one spot and bug under the map. Thereā€™s a dragon video of it.

1 Like

Are you serious right now?

In 7 out of 9 Games of KingCobra when he educates Terrans up to 6200MMR on the virtues of Phoenixes, Disruptors and Tempestsā€¦

When are we going to answer the imbalance that is TvP? it is heavily favored for Protoss currently. Look at the aligulac stats. It has almost never favored terran since LOTV release and has been as high as 55% in favor of protoss. Currently it is at 54.84% PvT. Terran is having to play twice as hard as Protoss to be relevant in a macro game and are winning games primarily with cheese or gimmicks designed to kill workers to get ahead of the Protoss. Fix this match up pleaseā€¦ on aligulac PVZ is almost 50%ā€¦ how is TvP continuing to be overlooked?

Sieged tanks are only considered structures by disruptorsā€™ novas pathfinding I think. Banes do deal the current 17 dmg against then, and not the 80 they do for structures. :mag:

2 Likes

Hahaha, you trolling so hard. Banes never got after upgrade +5hp. So you pay 100/100 and have super banes ahahahahah, thatā€™s reasonableā€¦ You realize banes are 0.5 supply, per 50 supply +500 hp. And have AoE spell attackā€¦ That is broken. Banes were already balanced in hots. Only reason that got buffed in LOTV, because 16 marine drop, which is now dead and because byun was too good at sniping banesā€¦ It is imbalanced as hell, but you wouldnt know in your wooden leagueā€¦

I understand, they have the benefits (a nerff for Novaā€™s pathfinding) but not the liabilities (to suffer from units with Bonus vs. Structures).
Why i am not surprised.

Itā€™s literally not an AoE spell attackā€¦its damage is reduced by unit armor. You have no idea how this game works. - OldWhovian

I know iti sreduced by armor (except pf), yet it is spell attackā€¦ Even before revert to light 20, this had no effectā€¦ Problem isnt dmg, but fact they get +5 hp for freeā€¦ Because it is aoe unit, all it takes one more bane, or lings will finish marines offā€¦

Please just get out lol.

First, this patch nerfs Zerg, there is NOT A SINGLE baneling buff in there.

Also, pretty much all the patches before that had Terran buffs. Terran has been treated FANTASTICALLY by the balance team in the last ~2 years, getting pretty much nothing but buffs and mostly P/Z nerfs generallyā€¦ this is the first patch in quite a while that isnā€™t a flat buff to Terran matchups.

6 Likes

Thank you! Now i delete sc2 and not play this forever.

2 Likes

Baneling was buffed long time ago and wasnā€™t nerfed, thatā€™s problem and even change vs linght is better vs marines, previous change was such an insignificant change to being with. You are in gold league. What do you know? STOP TROLLING! FUnny gold league players post about balanceā€¦ And on top of that baneling upgrade research faster nowā€¦ It got buffed if anythingā€¦

Then it doesnā€™t matter that itā€™s a spell attack (which I donā€™t believe it is) as the only advantage of spell attacks is that they ignore armor (see: Oracle, Storm, EMP, etc)

This does make an effect, mostly in ZvP, because baneling is fine in ZvT and ZvT is considered balanced (because it is)

They donā€™t get 5 hp for free, it costs 100/100. Or is combat shields free HP too? You canā€™t have it both ways.

The changes makes no difference to how Marines interact with banelings, it only affects Marauders, Thors, Siege Tanks, and Cyclones by increasing the banelings they soak (most of which already couldnā€™t be killed cost effectively with banelings, the cyclone being the only one that is ever an exception). Banelings are already the least cost efficient unit in the game; this change only makes it less cost effective.

Frankly, if banelings are causing you to lose in ZvT, you need to l2p. Balance is the least of your concerns.

People that canā€™t even tell the difference between a buff and a nerf shouldnā€™t post eitherā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Yeah this is the same guy that said this change is a baneling buff because it does more damage against Light tag. Literally canā€™t add two numbers and wants to tell other people to not post xD

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ā€¦and what race is this honorable poster?