StarCraft II 5.0.13 PTR Patch Notes

Xel’Naga Healing Shrine…It is in the multiplayer mod, so it is “usable” on multiplayer maps.

However, I don’t know if it has ever been used before this season.
Healing should be 14 per second (faster) according to the editor. Auto-cast range is 4 with a radius of 2.5, so it might be able to heal units at a distance.

1 Like

https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/619938-team-liquid-map-contest-19-winners https://tl.net/staff/Waxangel/TLMC/19/TLMC19__Silverflame.jpg

Silverflame uses it. It’s the blue circle behind the rich vespene gas base.

So does Ghost River, which is actually in the new map pool. It’s the blue circular object at 6 o’clock
https://tl.net/staff/Waxangel/TLMC/19/TLMC19__Ghost_River.jpg

As for Arcade - I don’t know if it’s used in some arcade games. It likely is, yes.

Yeah, there’s no way that doesn’t get nerfed in the future if we want to continue to have maps with this feature; it’s really, stupidly strong as it currently is. For context, this is more healing than medivacs give, in an aoe radius.

Side note; most healing shrines on the maps that I was looking at have air blockers placed around them so air units like Carriers and BCs can’t actually make use of them. That would also preclude Colossus from using them as well. Additionally to make them less overpowered, they’re often placed out of the way of the more common attack paths to make them less problematic. They’re most likely to see use in the late-game though given that placement, and they’ll be really strong healing those high health, tanky units like Ultras.

It has not. It’s only recently been allowed as map makers have more recently had a little more freedom to experiment. This TLMC was a “freestyle” map contest, and they opened up a lot of options for it - which I’m honestly okay with.

1 Like

You do realize that late game TvZ is gutted right ?

These changes were aimed at helping PvT but in reality all they do is literally making TvZ unwinnable for the terran. Terran has only 3 units strong vs zerg: ghost, WM, Liberator. All three received significant nerfs in last 3 patches. If lib/ghosts are nerfed (especially with conjunction to fungal range nerf revert), how is terran supposed to fight late game zerg army ? These changes will encourage nothing more but even harder turtle style. If you cannot kill zerg pre -10 minute, all you can do is turtle hard behing PFs, tanks, ghosts and libs.

Tell me if there is anything more blatant and obvious this “council” is zerg-biased or super incompetent, than this patch.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this particular PTR patch doesn’t seem to include any of the justifications for the changes. That information would have been nice.

1 Like

actually they did, its in the link

Where? I’ve read through the link, there’s no reasoning or justifications listed at all.

The Cyclone changes are kind of interesting- cooldown for Lock-On plus turret tracking and damage point removal? So basically encouraging stutter-step and focus-fire micro? I’m ok with that.

Seems like the dynamics of Lock-On could potentially be weird, though. Like, you stutter-step kite until Lock-On triggers and then just move-kite while the opponent can move away to break the Lock-On? Some Cyclones being locked-on while others are just kiting? Or is this intended to encourage turning off auto-cast for Lock-On and having it specifically be used for chasing units down? It’ll be interesting to see how this works but I can’t say if it’ll be “good” or not.

Ultimately, I think it would be best for the Cyclone to not have to be massed to be good for mid-lategame, by being a unit that is useful for buying time for the protection and repositioning of Tanks. I’m not sure how well these changes will accomplish that (granted, that may not be the goal of the balance council).

1 Like

Honestly I am too; it scales better into the lategame as well, but I’m not really sold on the current cyclone or the reworked one.

Also, good to see you again mate!

2 Likes

More detailed notes are located at a rentry link shared on the Team Liquid discussion post for the patch.

And, good to check in! I won’t be a regular but I like to check in when I see a balance change.

2 Likes

sorry my bad, i must of been thinking the one that harstem and lowko were using when they were going over it.

Thanks.

Is it possible to share the link with quotes or a mark-up, or is everyone expected to just look for it?

Found it:

https://rentry.co/5013balancetest

3 Likes

Thanks, sorry I didn’t realize it could be shared with markup or I would have.

2 Likes

This balance patch looks straight out of the Microsoft playbook. In minecraft they periodically add new units. That’s only ever happened in sc via expansion updates. Microsoft buys sc and now they are adding 2 new units. I called it months ago. This clearly indicates they paused sc development during the sale of blizzard. The lack of updates & support was probably a product of the acquisition.

where you getting that there adding new units

zerg rocks 20 charsssssss

The Zerg rocks aren’t new units. They’ve been in the game and the editor for a while.

1 Like

The definition of new is “not existing prior”. Have zerg rocks existed in the 1v1 format prior to this patch? True or false answer only.

Yes. They were actually used in prior TLMCs, though none of those maps were, to my knowledge, finalists.

The changes made to the Zerg Rocks however are new.

3 Likes

zerg rocks arent even a unit, there a rock. thats not adding new units.

2 Likes