Starcraft crashes on trying to open training

Hey hey Bliz, I was having a bit of an issue with Starcraft 2. I was just trying to get back into the game after being gone so long, and when I opened training, it crashed at the end of the loading bar with this error code:5BE79A9A-01ED-48DB-9B45-AFF573DE5684. Later, I uninstalled OneDrive, as that seemed to be an issue according to a forum here, tried again and it crashed. Just reinstalled it and tried it again and it gave me this instead: 082D7035-2BB3-4F90-913D-7177D7A8B96C. I haven’t found any fixes, could you please help?

UPDATE: Tried launching in admin, reinstalled the game bout 7 times, still no dice. OneDrive is still uninstalled. Think the game may be having trouble locating files. Awaiting recommendations to file locations.

Hello!!

You are correct that OneDrive usually causes the error that you are seeing. Looking at the error log for the codes you provided let’s also go ahead and delete the StarCraft 2 settings to make sure those are brand new and good to go. All you need to do is go into your My Documents folder and delete the StarCraft 2 folder. If you decide to restore OneDrive make sure that this folder (or any other game folder) are ignored.

Not quite sure what you meant here, I clicked "Reset in game Options " in the Settings tab next to the Play Starcraft button. Still says the install files are damaged. Scanned the file, still said there was no damage. I think it may be finding old files from Starcraft post-uninstallation that don’t work because I still find that some files remain from when I uninstall it. No clue how to fix this.

It’s OneDrive’s folder syncing that SC2 is incompatable with, and unfortunately uninstalling OneDrive won’t disable the folder syncing.

To stop the syncing, install OneDrive, then use this MS support article to disable sycning of your Documents folder.

Once that is done, Zayssie recommends resetting your settings, which involves deleting a folder:

File is unsynced now, but the documents folder keeps remaking itself, and Starcraft is still crashing. Not sure why this is happening. Do i need to redirect it somewhere?

You shouldn’t be deleting the Documents folder. Just Starcraft II folder inside it. When you delete it, it will recreate a fresh copy of it.

Forgot to specify that I was deleting the starcraft folder within the Documents folder. Kept remaking itself, and it is still crashing. Was wondering if I needed to put it somewhere else for the time being to make it work or if there was another step after deleting it. currently restarting my computer to make sure if this works. my bad lol

Hey KibaThunders,

The folder will recreate itself. The purpose of deleting it initially after remove OneDrive is to make sure anything connecting the two is no longer causing issues. I did check for further crash logs and would like you to do the following for me. If it continues after this though you will want to put in a support ticket with system files and a list of the steps you’ve done so that our agents can assist you better.

1. New user admin account
  2. ScanDisk & Defrag Please note if you are running any SSD’s do not run the defragmentation on them.
  3. Repairing Windows system Files

So AS IT TURNS OUT the problem was NOT with Battle.net or Starcraft 2 but some basic components of my operating system are corrupted and do not like to run certain programs. All of my hard drives are SSDs, I can’t run disk defrag, and I may have to replace the ENTIRE OPERATING SYSTEM. Thanks for helping me find the issue. Hopefully it should work after this lol

EDIT: This issue isn’t entirely unprecedented either, Opera GX, Mechwarrior Online Portal and other programs were malfunctioning and refusing to even start before this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.