StarCraft 2 low fps during massive battle

Hi I’m getting ~30-40fps (dropping from ~110fps during normal gameplay) during massive battle for 2 vs 2. Is it normal?

My graphic settings:

• 2560x1440
  • Vertical Sync: No
  • Antialias: No
  • Shaders: High
  • Lighting: High
  • Shadows: High
  • Terrain: High
  • Reflection: On
  • Effects: High
  • Texture Quality: High
  • Post-Processing: Medium
  • Physics: High
  • Models: High
  • Movies: High

My pc specs:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 3200
  • Galax 2070 Super EX 8GB
  • Kingston KC2000 ssd

Game installed on HDD 5400rpm

Howdy!

I’d recommend to see if the following changes have any impact here:

• Set your Operating System and Nvidia Power Settings to high performance!

• Operating System steps can be found here: Configuring Power Management Settings - Blizzard Support

• NVIDIA Steps: Right click on your Desktop → NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D Settings → Under the Global Settings tab → Select: Power Management mode → Prefer Maximum Performance. Apply → Exit the window.

• Try reinstalling the game to your SSD.

• Try resetting the game settings to default options.

Thank you!

I have done all except installing to ssd. Still same, low fps during massive battle

Hey kki,

Out of curiosity does the same thing happen on low graphics settings?

well I have 2080 super + i9 9900k setup with 32 GB of RAM, and the game being installed on M.2 SSD. what can I say? it lags for me the same as for you. I start the battle with 144 fps (my screen has 144 gHz speed), and it gets lower and lower when army is growing. it’s just an outdated engine, that uses only a single core of CPU (I look at in-game overlay and I see that CPU is used for 11% at most, while GPU is 50%). to fix this they have to greatly improve multithreading with a new game engine release.

2 Likes

Yes! I tried with 1920x1080 with low preset graphic settings, the fps drops from 200++ fps to 40++ fps during massive battle, especially when the army is huge. Any clue what happen there?

Same here too~ I noticed my CPU & GPU usage is at about 40-50% at max

1 Like

Youre right. SC2 engine is too old and can not use multi core of CPU. I cant even play 3s 4s cause i have like < 10 FPS when in battle and everyone’s armies growing bigger. So sad. Blizzard please fix this!!!

Same for me and it hapens after patch 5.0 befor it was prety oke even on high res. now when there is more unit its unplayable .

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

2 Likes