StarCraft 2 Crash on Startup

About a year ago I tried to boot up StarCraft 2 one day and it instantly crashed on startup with this error code: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

At the time I wanted to take a break but after coming back with a freshly reinstalled game I tried to boot it up again and it still gives me the same issue with the same error code, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

I updated my drivers, I reset the in-game settings and I even deleted the documents folder but nothing seems to work. Anyone got any idea why StarCraft’s acting like this? Thank you.

2 Likes

Howdy!

All zeroes mean the crash collector wasn’t able to collect the data properly. I recommend seeing if the following steps have any impact:

1. Place the system into selective startup, restart the PC to retest and rule out any background conflicts.

2. Double check the Operating System and drivers are all updated following the steps Here.

Retest. If the issue continues, post up your Dxdiag for us to review. Copy the dxdiag contents into your reply, highlight the text then select the code block icon </>. This action will help us review the information faster.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.