Starcraft 2: Co-Op commanders were reset to level 5

i am also experiencing this problem. last time i uninstalled and reinstalled both battlenet and SC2 and it worked this time it didnt.

raynor, karregan and artanis all at lvl 5 all where purchased and maxed lvl

My first 3 co-op commanders are capped to level 5 despite of me playing them on max level. I’m reading forums, no fix I tried logging in and out and changing server or region and still bugged

Raynor and Artanis have both been returned to lvl 5 and are not capped. I’ve tried all the suggestions on this forum with no luck. Please help.

1 Like

O great, does it means we lost all the levels forever? @blizzard plz tell me something

gl, they didn’t give an option to file an actual ticket with them, for a reason, lol …

Hey all,

Just to reiterate:

The Bug report forum is not a contact point with Bliz. It’s simply a repository for reports.

However, Bliz has responded in the Technical Support forum. That’s where you want to watch for any updates.
[Main Thread] - Commander Levels Reset - #605 by Jambrix

1 Like

We don’t want to watch for updates. We want to file an actual trouble ticket, and it sends us here, lol. This is a very circular situation, sm*h.

There’s no need to file a ticket.

1. Bliz is aware of the issue and is investigating
  2. Support can’t do anything for you because it’s a bug on the back end.

You seem prone to jump to conclusions that fit your misunderstandings.

• Bliz has reponded to the reports.
  • The “reason” you erroneously allude to on why you can’t submit a ticket
  • Your claims that Bliz doesn’t care despite their previous attempts to resolve the issue.

It’s perfectly ok to be frustrated, but try to refain from spreading misinformation just because you are. People who don’t know any better will assume the misinformation is correct.

1 Like

No, not jumping to conclusions at all. What i’m pointing out is the round about way that a trouble ticket gets handled. It comes to a forum, first. That is second hand filing of a bug, for software reporting. I say this from the side of experience in developing trouble ticket systems for various purposes. When it comes this way, it’s second hand. I’m just pointing out that this is a round-about way of filing a ticket, and is why response isn’t quick. For those paying to play, it is a longer wait for something they are paying for. That equals unhappy customers. I just don’t seem to think anyone on the other end is willing to acknowledge this for what it is. The frustration comes from this being a repeat bug, as well, and then this second hand way of reporting it, further delaying that experience. What I know is what I see. I’m not jumping to any conclusions. There simply isn’t a way for a customer to report a bug directly to Blizzard, and there is for just about every other type of software one pays for: Quicken, Quickbooks, Excel. I can get online and talk to Gigabyte about a firmware bug and work it out right thru tech support, email or phone, via a tech from their company. Now, I don’t expect that from a game. But I do expect to be able to file a technical issue with the body publishing, and supporting, the game. None of that is me inferring what isn’t there. I wasn’t being condescending, before, nor am I now. Those are just the facts. :wink:

It then returns to the 2nd point I made about why you can’t make a ticket about this.

In the case of bugs in the game, support, technical or otherwise, cannot assist simply because they cannot fix bugs. They are not developers/coders/network engineers/etc who can change or fix anything in the code of the game, hardware, networking, etc to fix the issue in the moment of contact.

It’s great that you have experience in developing ticket systems, and that must mean you also understand that all systems are not equal. What works for one system/group of systems won’t always work for all of them.

For example. The teams responsible for collecting the reports do so directly from the forums. This it is not 2nd hand: it’s straight from the players to the appropriate people. Conversely, if the same report went through a ticket, that would insert a middleman who has nothing to do with the situation (second hand) between the players and appropriate teams.

I wasn’t claiming condescention. Only that you were mistaken about a few things:

Bliz not responding.
A theory to get people to buy something.
Calling them leeches who don’t care.

There could be others, but that’s what I saw upon a cursory glance.

Whether you want to admit, or believe, that or not. That is a second hand way of handling… actually third hand if you consider that it has to go to tech, prior to going to dev. after coming here. And I’m not mistaken. It doesn’t really work here. It a point of frustration, for many. I’m just pointing out that there should be a way for a paying customer to open a ticket and get a number, reporting their issue, as each player has been affected in different way. As such, their compensation would be different. The way to handle those is via individual tickets. I’m still not seeing how that isn’t something to just admit and move on, lol. As I’ve stated, all types of other companies allow direct filing, with their team working fixes, or at least serving as a middle man, but having an actual filing number for your issue.
with regard to the getting people to buy things. That’s is what happened in several messages, for some that had it happen, and I was jesting at that. If it bothers you that it was poked at, in jest… fix it, lol. Don’t blame me for the bit of fun on it. :wink:

Again, no. Once a problem is brought to Bliz’s attention, QA comes straight to the forums to collect the reports directly from the players.

Issues like this are quite consistent in effect.

That is not applicable here.

Comepsation-wise, part of the agreement to play SC2 is that it will not be bug free and/or accessible at all times. Again, more examples about how not all systems are the same.

As for individual tickets, again, there’s no need for individual tickets for a specific issue that affects a large group. It’s the same process and resolution for everyone: repair the bug.

Now, if after the fix there are some stragglers who still have individual issues, then they are likely experiencing something more unique to just them. Then a ticket is warranted to track the progress.

It’s definitives like that which demonstrate that you jump to conclusions to conveniently fit your narratives. You must know that neither you nor anyone else can possibly know how every support system in the world works. Statements like that only serve to discredit your position.

It’s not personal, Cannabinator. It’s a matter of people who don’t know better not knowing your intentions when they read careless words.

That’s because you may understand the circumstances that you developed systems around, but you don’t understand all possible circumstances, including Bliz’s. And that is simply because, contrary to your generalization, systems vary across industries as do the circumstances within them. You seem to believe that the narrow band of what you understand applies to everything the same.

That said, the bug report forum isn’t for debating policy and practices, opinions, criticisms, etc. If you like, you can do so in the forum intended for those things: the General Discussion forum.

it’s the difference in outsource support as first contact :wink: nothing more… took a long time for me to just push that on, huh? it is what it is, and just because a company chooses to do it a certain way, doesn’t make it right. I understand it 100%, as I’ve said, itss the difference in outsourced and direct, support, as a first line. It would be an assumption if I thought you were getting game compensation vs paid, to resolve forum issues… see THAT is an assumption. and yeah, will take to other forum, as it is as redundant as the circular way the repeat, repeat … bug is resolved. cheers =)

If you’re interested in talking with other Coop players, there is a thread about this in the Coop Discussion forum.

This just happened to me too. I maxed out Artanis, Swann, and Fenix. Swann and Fenix are still max level + prestige, but Artanis got reset to Level 5. Is there anything we/they can do?

can’t get you to admit you’re outsourced support and not with Blizzard, directly, lol. Talking with other players won’t resolve that. it’s simply about ownership. I know from other systems just like this. And the medium, game and what not, are not the reason for that. It is each company and how they choose to deal with their support. Blizz outsources their first line with customers … you wouldn’t admit here, i don’t think that would be admitted anywhere else, nor admit why it’s the reason these things take a bit longer than an actual trouble ticket system with players submitting tickets… regardless of being a repeat bug. Can’t even enter one for a NEW bug, another deflection point of yours as you defend the company having these issues. I mean, i applaud your effort in defending them, but it is clear this is an issue and they clearly don’t have a way for customers to directly report something to their teams. … refusal to admit it, or blame it on my ‘assumptions’ that are just observations of facts, doesn’t change any of that.

What are you even talking about? It’s well known that MVPs are not Bliz employees. In fact, we’re not support employees for anyone. When it comes to bugs, Blizzard is their own first line via player reports in the Bug Report forum.

MVPs are regular community members/players who are trusted by Bliz to be knowledgeable and accurate when it comes to their support and the systems behind it.

The fact remains that I know Bliz’s support system far better than the average player, and by the several inaccurate claims you’ve made here, more than you as well. I’m not going to repeat corrections forever simply because you think you know better. Bliz trusts us to be knowledgeable and accurate, you would be wise to also.

Now, with that straightened out… When you make it obvious that you don’t even read what’s presented to you, it further weakens your position, Cannabinator. So I’ll say again:

1 Like

My first 3 commanders which were unlocked and leveled past level 5 have been re-locked at level 5 as well

why is not resolved yet

kerrigan has been reset to lvl 5