Star Craft II Crashing-How I fixed it

When I installed Star Craft II it would crash on start up, then when I fixed that, it would crash mid load into Crap Patrol or any other game mode. Here is how I fixed it.

DISCLAIMER - This is what worked for me. I cannot say it will work for you and your machine/your issue.

1. First, uninstall any and all Blizzard related items and games. Uninstall EVERYTHING!

2. Then, go into your C:\ Drive and remove the battlenet folder and make sure you check any additional locations (if you have other drives and installed it on them) and remove those games and Battlenet folders. Permanently delete them.

3. After verifying that all of the games and folders have been removed from your C:\ Drive, reset your firewall. Yes I know its going to be annoying for your other games, but its not that big a deal.

4. Go into your Registry - regedit - Make sure you back up your registry by doing the following (just in case) = File > Export > Export your registry to a external drive (flash drive or external USB Drive) and save it where you know where it is and what its named.

5. Once you Verify that the file is backed up and saved. Delete the following (if there) =
    NOTICE - THIS PART IS A BIT DANGEROUS SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO DELETE OR MODIFY ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE FOLLOWING) Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment

6. Once done restart and reinstall the application “Battle Net” and reinstall your game. Make sure your firewall is still turned on and what not, we don’t want no viruses.

7. Once you have downloaded BattleNet > Signed in > Re-Installed the game > Try to launch the game and load a basic game and try it out.

If this doesn’t work then you can try to Re-Format your machine. THIS IS ONLY IF NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED.

Again, this is what worked for me. I hope this helps you as well.

Howdy!

I would start with making sure OneDrive is setup to not sync with Documents\StarCraft II folder following the steps Here. Your crash logs seem to point to this occurring resulting in the game crashing.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.