SMFH Infester Queens

So running into planetary + big concave with pre split + mines + reinforcements and sim city was a good move?

Keep in mind after that fight dark was never able to recover and struggled to even get another army to fight maru head on, untill this point he was stabilising on a strong economy with good upgrades and could have teched further into broodlords infestor.

Also only people below pro level seem to think zerg isnt favored in tvz lategame, maybe you guys just know better than pro players.

Also the ā€œbasicā€ multiprong was not really winning the game since dark up untill his attack was ahead on bases and on a really strong economy without ever being slowed down too mutch. I think any good player looking at this game should be able to tell dark was in a strong position, unless im missing something where a zerg on big economy, hive tech, strong army, and surpluss to tech into whatever he wants while keeping map controll is in a bad spot.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if you realize it, but youre actually describing why Terran is OP here.

Maru was being outplayed. He was being ineffective for lik the first 15-20 minutes. Dark was beating Maru in all factors - economy, tech, army supply, map control, bank.

And one attack into a turtle terran throws the game on its head and shifts it in the favor of Terran who was being outplayed all gameā€¦lol

Scenarios like this happen all the time in ZvT and PvTā€¦and then the excuse is ā€œhE aTtAcKeD iNtO a PlAnEtArY bRoā€

I would like a source for this

He has a point. YES!

INFESTORS ARE OP!

Cya!

Dark took a bad engagementā€¦ he threw his army away. He should have known better. He tried to overwhelm a strong fortification and failed.

1 Like

Yes letā€™s always blame a ā€œbad engagementā€

What about Maruā€™s plethora of bad engagements before darkā€™s ā€œbad engagementā€ ? The bad engagements taken by Maru that put him severely behind in all factors of game (tech, economy, map control, etc). Youre telling me that Terran is allowed to take bad engagement for the first 20 minutes of the game and still win? Zerg that is massively ahead all game but loses game because of one bad engagement?

Terran lategame is broken and itā€™s trying to be covered up by blaming it on Zerg/Protoss ā€œbad engagementsā€

Its common knowledge. You have the entire community saying Winfesters are broken. Both Terran and Protoss. And now, even a pro Zerg player is admitting it. 2 technically, if you count Beasty. You cant have that much smoke without a fire somewhere.

The race is busted. The sooner the problem gets fixed, the better. Kinda tired of the Z Vs Z finals every tournament. 4 Zerg players win all the tournaments now. Its not just Serral at this point. Its a balance problem. Its also not helping having all the maps favoring Zerg.

1 Like

Rogueā€™s statement about Zergā€™s lategame was regarding ZvP. Which he is totally right about. Protoss lategame is trash.

Beastyqt is not a proā€¦and heā€™s not a zerg player. Heā€™s a Terran player lol.

Well Zerg is being hit with the nerf hammer and Terran is getting buffed as usual.

Of course Protoss is left to be dead in the water.

Hes high GM ā€œRandomā€ . If there ever was an unbiased player worth listening to, its the guy playing every race at GM level. You know why? Because he experiences all the races from the highest level!! He litterally relies on balance to win with every possible matchup. Thats why his opinion matters.

His opinion oddly enough ā€œcoincidentallyā€ matches up with the majority of the community. Imagine that. If there has ever been a sign of race imbalance, weā€™re seeing them. Right now. Every day. Zerg dominant pro brackets by 4 different players. Pro players calling out imbalance, and a flooded forum full of players mirroring the same concerns. Not sure what else you think needs to be said at this point.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a Terran streamer skilled enough to play all races at the GM level in order to entertain his viewers.

He isnā€™t unbiased at all and he has even admitted it over the years.

Iā€™m not going to pretend that his opinion doesnā€™t matter, but itā€™s not gospel. Any opinion needs to be supported by evidence. All he does is screech about infestors.

This video you posted doesnt prove anything. He is an ex-pro crushing 4.5k mmr players with memes. who cares?

Iā€™ve seen him a-move thors against liquid TLOā€™s broodlord infestor comp and heā€™s gonna still cry about infestors which are in fact getting nerfed? lol. biased af.

Ive seen him slaughter Harstem and Mana in the lategame with mass BCs.

He is out there crushing Protoss and Zerg pros with Terran lategame and this meme video is supposed to mean something?

He is insanely Terran biased

Ok, well, the plethera of ā€œother evidenceā€ of imbalance is there soā€¦ Not sure that any of that matters even if there was any truth behind it. Its no small feet to achieve GM with all races. Nor is it to qualify for tournament level play. Dont look now but, a lot of Protoss players are yelling the same thing soā€¦

Not sure but, at GM Random you get stuck playing 2 out of 3 gimped matchups vs Zerg. Seems to me there might be validity in his argument.

At this point you either get it or you dont. One can only lead a horse to water.

So sueciding ur entire expensive army into the strongest point of your opponents defense instead of continue to grow and get the win you already pretty mutch secured, is why terran is op?

You realise you said terran is op just because they can defend an attack from zerg when both players are on max upgrades and equal tech.

Im sorry but i cannot take anything you say seriously now as you seem too biased.

1 Like

Rogue, beasty, lambo, just a couple of people i can name at the top of my head that all think zerg is too strong and favored also any terran or protoss player you ask but you would probably just call them biased and then try to find a way to invalidate the zergs and random players saying it.

2 Likes

If you can honestly say that was a good engagement from dark then i dont think you should comment on anything regarding ballance.

1 Like

there is a plethora of evidence suggesting terran is OP

I never said it was a small feat.

Protoss players are yelling the same thing because their race has been decimated by nerfs. Terran on the other handā€¦

Your statement was that only players below pro level think that zerg isnt OP.

I am asking for a source for that

Donā€™t put words in my mouth. My argument is that Maru takes bad engagements the entire game, and is fine. Dark takes one bad engagement and itā€™s game ending.

Dark regularly loses to maru in the late game in tournaments

Terran players regularly beat zerg in the late game (as well as protoss)

At the highest level of play Terran are beating Zerg in the lategame.

Maru never took any engagements with his army, it was only smaller harassment squads wich is how the matchup works and has always worked. Terran harasses zerg, also maru usually got some value out of the drops from keeping dark at home while getting his own eco up to killing units and creep.

Read the forums, theres so many posts here stating zerg is ballanced to zerg needs buffs, while pro players keep saying zerg is broken and some are saying the nerfs coming arent enough.

If you want sources go into general and find any post regarding zerg is not broken, then go to any stream and ask the streamer if zerg is favored in zvp and zvt (the chances are you will most likely get a yes).

Im not sure if you are trolling or are really so delusional that you believe you know better than people that play the game for a living.

Its pretty obvious that you are so deadset in your view that zerg is weak (wich most likely is an excuse for your own losses (easier to blame ballance than personal skill), that you will never be able to have any objective view to the point you ignore people that objectively know better than you).

If you are asking for sources of pro players saying zerg is op then the most obvious is rogues statement afte gsl for a starter.

1 Like

None of them cost Maru an entire army or crippled his army enough for him to be overrun.

Thereā€™s a huge difference between losing several small squads of units in skirmishes over the course of several minutes, and losing your entire army all at once.
In the first case, the person still has a competent army that can prevent the opponent from smashing through all of his/her defenses, and plenty of time to replace the lost units.
In the second case, the player does not have anything to stop the opponent from smashing through his/her base and usually lacks the time, production capacity, or bank to replace the army and push back the enemy.

It is better to lose 20x as many units and resources in failed pokes and harassment over time than it is to lose a large army all at once with no means to replace it before the enemy kills off your production and economy.