Small buff idea for Dehaka: Give his Primal Wurms on

Stukov doesn’t have a hero with an ability that specifically heals units. If his supply is being taken up by wurms, then they should be treated as such.

I mean, lurkers upgrade from hydras, one of the best anti-air ground units there is. Not much of a leap to transition from one to the other.

I agree, sort of. Hydras are made of literal tissue paper, even when they’re upgraded. Thus, if you haven’t massed an overwhelming level of hydras by the time large waves come, they evaporate even as the enemy wave is damaged. I’ve been caught in “death spirals” at the end of missions where I can’t keep up hydra production to match increasingly large attack waves. I’m thinking of OB, VL, SoA, TotP, and MO maps in particular.

So yes, hydras do a lot of damage. But they also take a lot of damage. And they don’t exactly cost 50m like Raynor’s marines do.

1 Like

You also don’t have the best hero character in the game who can nuke massive attack waves to cripple them so you can snowball your hydra production.

Not really? Kerrigan (the commander) is weak to air. This is known. It doesn’t matter that Kerrigan (the unit) is powerful - most powerful, no way, but certainly really really good - it’s not enough to make her armies not weak to air.

Between Kerrigan herself nuking entire attack waves, hydras, and queens, I don’t think she’s that weak. Not the strongest, but not weak. People seem to forget about how easy it is to just mass queens as Kerrigan. I wish they automatically entered nydus canals once produced though.