Small buff idea for Dehaka: Give his Primal Wurms on

Right. You presented your thought and I made a counter point. Isn’t that how this works? Some commanders float minerals more than others. That doesn’t mean they should have mineral dumps to make them even more powerful. That’s not a sufficient reason in my book. Dehaka’s already a super powerful wrecking ball. If he had what was essentially a free mineral dump at 200 supply for something that can teleport across the map and do devastating damage with its special ability in large numbers, what’s the downside? Why wouldn’t everyone do it every game? The supply cost creates a trade-off.

And Dehaka has a “not very efficient” use for excess minerals too. He can just make hives and send them into the battle as fodder like a march of the treants. Hey, at least there’s an option.

2 hours ago I uploaded an experiment of using expletives but slightly altered it so that the word filter cannot detect.
Just now I recieved a letter from system saying that post has been taken away and apparently it was because it was flagged by community.

So my question is.
Was it taken down by an editor (but reported as system) or flags by multiple people?
If someone did report, speak up. I’m not mad just genuinely curious (although I doubt people would fess up)

But at least I know some expletives are easy targets for report.

It was just removed because it was tangentially tied to the unneeded discussion, I think, not because your post specifically was directly flagged.

Really? In the post, above the “test expletives” there were analysis regarding Dehaka’s words.
It was mostly composided information but is it still detectable?
Did the use of @ $ symbols contribute to its detection?

Dunno. Just saying I don’t think your post was flagged by the community and was only noticed by a mod because it was in reply to one (and probably subsequently because of the testing therein :stuck_out_tongue: ).

But I said 1 supply down from 2, not remove supply cost completely. So no wurms if you’re capped.
The downside is that you have to properly manage it, consider CD while deeptunneling, microing beams not just A-move 50 mutas and go order pizza. At their current state Wurms are literally worthless compared to actual units, so the only use for them is nuke defense.
So I guess I need to repeat the question, why do you think supply buff is bad but say nothing about HP/DPS/CD/regen buffs?

Actually, it is not. Hive cost 6 supply.

2 supply is a zealot, for something that can teleport across the map and use a powerful channeled ability. The only thing I think that needs to be changed is the price. It’s 300 minerals counting the drone, which is a bit steep. They’re far from useless though. They burn down objectives ridiculously fast with enough of them rapid firing their acid breath and can double as both static defense and a ‘calldown,’ essentially, on the field.

And I’m not talking specifically about HP/DPS/CD/regen buffs (even though it was kind of implied when I said they’re fine as is) because they’re not quite as dramatically quantifiable. Having them be 0 supply or the cost of a drone would have a much bigger impact. Do I have to address every suggestion for my argument against a single one to be valid?

Didn’t realize hives cost supply though. That sucks. I’d actually love to use them as a mineral dump and just have an army of them lumber across the map.

1 Like

I spam worms vs WMU & darkness mutators since Dehaka does not have great mobile detection as it is, and wurms are a good tripwire on darkness. They do good damage and are a good mineral dump if you have the supply available, but their lack of healing limits their use as a type of ‘army’. But outside of specific mutators, you almost never need to make them. If you are floating so much minerals because all your gas went into army, you either have no supply left or are already rolling face. I would like to see EITHER an out-of-combat regen or a cost reduction. 300 minerals is simply a lot of money until late game, and by then you probably don’t need wurms.

Does Dehaka’s heal work on them? I feel like I’ve tested it and the answer was no, but can’t remember for sure. If not, it really should. That’d be a nice way of giving people what they want that would require a bit of thought instead of them getting a passive heal on their own. If you tunnel them into the fight, they’ll benefit from it, or if you park Dehaka with a cluster of them for a bit while macroing. And if you were going wurms build, you could rush Dehaka’s heal for the upkeep.

1 Like

Also greater primal worms shouldn’t be stunable. They’re basically useless against flying hybrid.

1 Like

Dehaka can be used as a defensive commander on Dead of Night. Just mix the Wurms with Impalers.

At main entrance, use 2 Wurms and 2 Impalers on the first night. Second night add 2 Wurms and 4 Impalers.
Make a second Hatchery as minerals allow.
At the top entrance, use 4 Wurms and 5 Impalers.
Other entrances are similar.
Place the Wurms in a diagonal setup with Impalers between.

So the mix of the two can handle most things, especially with the Impaler Tenderize Upgrade which does a ton of damage over a few seconds. And you can use the Hydras during the daytime to take down buildings before bringing them home to make Impalers for night.

It’s frustrating that they take up supply but get none of the healing from Dehaka or other commanders.

Yeah, if they take supply, they’re technically units. They should get it. Seems like an oversight to me more than a design choice.

2 Likes

Cramming a space with units does not make a defensive commander. Zagara can do that. That doesn’t mean she’s a defensive commander. I think a defensive commander is a one with strong static defenses. Top tier would be Swann and Karax. Mensgk, Raynor, Stukov, and Nova would probably be in the tier below that.

The other commanders can mount very effective defenses using a combination of units, but it’s often situational or extremely specific to the enemy comp.

Oh, moving the goal posts I see. Just try it.

Don’t underestimate Kerrigan’s Lurker/Omega Wall Combo.
They are one of highly mobile yet very effective static defence in Co-op.
Stettman’s Mecha Lurkers work well, just be careful not to use Tunnel of TERROR Algorithm, otherwise they might move to the enemies.

Abathur’s Swarm Host defence could prove laggy but nevertheless extremely powerful.
8~10 100 stack SH in an entrance at Dead of Night is enough to hold enemies back (If a stank comes, just stab it with Spine Crawlers).

That’s not moving the goal posts, that defining terms. If stacking a ton of units in one spot counted as “defense” than the term defensive commander means nothing because every commander can make a deathball. Abathur would probably be the best for his combination of queens, swarm hosts, and self-healing guardians.

1 Like

Kerrigan’s worm/lurker combo in very potent, but useless against air. That’s kind of a big problem in calling her a great defensive commander.

There are Spore Crawlers and Hydras but you have a point, She is quite weak against air.
Would be nice if Omega Worm can transport Spore/Spine crawlers too.
That way Kerrigan can make full use of her mineral dumps.

Not necessarily, Stukovs Bunkers and all Dehaka’s buildings take supply.
If they just had a good baseline regen ~1-2 hps, they would be good… having them as structures is generally a bonus (overcharge, infestation, etc.)