Skin Price Outrageous

$25 for building skins for 1/3 of the races? And that is half-off?
To get a skin for each race, it would cost $150 – and that is half-off.

I paid $60 to get this game, and like $20 for each expansion.

These are f2p mobile prices in a full-priced PC game.
wtf?

4 Likes

Fun fact, if you got the warchest, it was significantly cheaper, earlier and with more stuff! Blizzard actually gives you the option to get the skins for a super cheap price and people still complain, because they had to play what was essentially one game a week - now less because you can literally open a stream and complete the warchest - for no effort at all. Why bother even getting them if you arent going to play the game?

Yeah, the skins might be a little steep once the warchest bundle is out though.

8 Likes

“These are f2p mobile prices in a full-priced PC game.
wtf?”

Also worth reminding that the game is now F2P in ladder.

6 Likes

Actually, everything that isn’t the 2nd and 3rd campaign is free - I’m fairly certain they actually have made WoL free to play. The arcade is free to play, coop has 3 free to play champions and all the maps are free, ladder is free too. The game is essentially F2P now.

1 Like

I would get the current warchest, but the skins are ugly A.F.

I didn’t have a PC while the simulant warchest was out, so I had no option to play it.

I feel like I’m being bled out the nose for them.

To get 2x skin packs for zerg (1/3) of the race in the game is $50. Thats nuts! $50 to get the simulant zerg skins? And thats HALF off?

Ladder is essentially F2P now. The only paid content anymore are select items such as campaign, a couple arcade games and co-op commanders.

Then there’s skins that only apply to custom and ladder, for consoles, units and now buildings. It is expensive if you don’t participate in War Chest which is stupid easy to complete. I barely played and had the full phase unlocked in two days.

I don’t know if I’m going to buy more for StarCraft though. I keep going back to the Special Forces theme so getting anything else seems like a waste, and I’d rather put that money to other games nowadays.

1 Like

im playing a mobile (soon might resort to hax because this dumb game with ridiculous rules doesnt deserve such money wasted) where I already paid over 100. And in that game some pay 1,000 $ or more.

While I could agree…

It doesn’t give you any game advantage. Also the game is somewhat f2p, I didn’t check how much, because I bought it and the addons. One with collectors edition.

But as of now: High Prices are simply prestige and make the skins more rare, and thusly “more fun”. They should in a long time not be reduced, just to not throw off the earlier customers, 1st of all, but as already mentioned because it doesn’t fit.

So to sum it up: Skin prices can be considered okay in a “F2P” game and increase prestige, since it is not a must at all… So in the end I would disagree with you , even though I would certainly disagree with high prices for relative fictiv content… (just a skin in a video game…) in general.

PS: I’d propose the possibility to buy single skins like for units. That way if you don’t agree with the prices - or a game is not worth to you that much, especially as a random player (maybe), you can just buy one building (for instance).

You can buy skins for a single unit/building.

It is $2.50 per unit or building skin.

I know for units, didn’t double check for buildings. I just bought a tank unit skin once, otherwise pack.

no one is forcing you to buy them. and honestly, they aren’t needed.

Of course no one is forcing me to buy them and of course they aren’t needed, but that doesn’t change the fact they are overpriced.

1 Like

30$ and play 10 minutes for 15 days or 150$ without playing and actually 150$ isnt much, just google “awp dragon lore price”.

It is a lot. Just because some skin goes for hundreds on CS:GO, does not make this ‘cheap’ or acceptable.

$150 for a skinset is outrageous

A lot of items are much more expensive than their real cost, especially luxury goods. If you think they are expensive and you don’t really need them, why don’t you even bother to buy them?

F2ck skins don’t support garabage company like blizzard, which bans people for supporting human rights. Don’t but anything dude. For what you need skins ? It does nothing literally, u dumb ???

Why do you care? it doesn’t affect your gameplay in anyway.

Who cares what the price is?

The real question is why would you be so stupid as to waste money on digital skins?? LOL

1 Like

I care what the price is, because I want the Zerg Simulant skins.

I do not want them badly enough to spend $100 on them though.

Agreed, the skins when sold outside of the warchest are…definitely overpriced.

1 Like