Screen Going black

So I bought the last sc2 campaign a few days ago, and when I started playing the screen was fine. But at times when the games loading screen was on, my screen went black. But it came back when the gameplay started, and when cut scenes were on.

But when I closed/exited the game the screen went black again, even without the game running. And when I push a button on the mouse or keyboard, my screen comes back on for a second or two, but then it goes black again.

This only happens when I play sc2, no other app, program nor game makes this happen.
Todey, I even tried restarting my pc, but it was still a problem after reset. I had to hard reset it, to be able to write this now.

I tried looking for solutions online, but nothing helps?

Hey HellGnome,

Most of the time when I’ve seen black screen issues like this for StarCraft 2 it’s been driver related. So, the first place we are going ot start is making sure you have your graphics card(s) drivers fully updated. Please check the manufacturer’s website (ie Nvidia’s website) for updates instead of using Windows device manager.

Now, we are going to delete the variables so that everything is defaulted with the game. Open up your Documents folder. There will be a StarCraft 2 folder delete the variables file that is inside that folder. Alternately you can delete the whole folder but that is up to you.

If it continues the next best thing would be a ticket so that our technical reps have system files to see if something else is going on. You can place a ticket by following this link here, make sure you include system files, error logs if any recently generated and a list of troubleshooting steps you’ve already done.

1 Like

Gonna do this tomorrow. Thanks for the fast reply :smiley: