SC2 won't start

I can’t seem to connect. It tells me I have to put in my password and when I do, I still can’t log in.

Same things is happening to me, put in username and password, nothing happens. Game wont launch!!

I get graphics not enabled. This new update is cooked. Fix the issue Blizzard.

Can login into the other games so I know its not the graphics.

Drivers are all up to date.

1 Like

Same problem
Im also using windows 7

Yep, new update kill the game.

Thank you all for your reports! We’ve been seeing some success with resetting the WMI Repository. A new admin account will reset the WMI repository as well.

We’re looking into reports for this to, if you can let us know if resetting the WMI repository or New Admin helps with the StarCraft II crashing issues.

i tried it (that with new admin acc) and it didnt work, i can post myDxdiag if you want

I created a new admin account and can run the game from there but my primary account keeps getting an error saying my “graphics device isn’t available.” Every other game works just fine and Nvidia Experience detects StarCraft without issue.

you created a big problemo here with the update such that game can’t be used. U guys better fix it not give us stupid chores to do. Sorry for the bluntness, but this is on you, not your players.

3 Likes

I fixed the issue by going into options on the launcher then to game options and resetting in-game options (blue button at the bottom). I don’t have any idea why they needed resetting to begin with but this last update was definitely screwy.

2 Likes

Was having these same issues and this reset fixed it.

Admin account working, main account not.

Just updated video drivers to 436.02 08/20/2019. Nothing I do will let me log in. I can enter user name and password, but the spiny thing just keeps spinning and the log in buttons do not appear (on rare occasions they have appeared but don’t work). I have tried every trick mentioned mentioned here or in any other thread I can find but that made things worse as now I can’t play offline either (Authorization Required). Still waiting on a fix.

@TOS, on the main Windows account does resetting the WMI fix the issue?

Did that before. No help. Did it again. No help. I get stuck at log in with the spiny thing. You can attempt log in at three places, same problem at all three. I can enter the username and password, but enter does nothing and no buttons appear. On rare occasions the buttons will appear but don’t work. Can’t log in. Can’t play offline. Can play in the Admin account. Before this all stopped working I was playing daily with no issues, now I can’t even play offline.

Have tried all of those above, still can’t play this game (since patch 4.10.1).
Other games works just fine.

you should post your dxdiag. that will allow people to look at your hardware.

The reset fixed the problem.

A post was split to a new topic: SPAM - Crash On Launch - Mac

After an unhelpful uninstall reinstall cycle I found the problem. I use Process Lasso to keep run away processes from swamping my CPU. Battlenet, Agent.exe and SCII were set to allow only a single instance. Apparently Battlenet now wants to run three instances at a time to allow one to log in. Self inflicted wound.

Auto login, if enabled, works when you limit battlenet to a single instance. Manual login does not. I broke the system when I disabled my auto login.

I now auto login and have set things back to allowing only a single instance. Things seem to be running fine. Starcraft II is busy reinstalling and is playable. I authenticate fine now and game play is stable. Don’t worry, I’ll remove the instance limit, just had it on for testing.

Why you require multiple instances of battlenet to do a manual login is a design choice you are allowed to make, but more likely there was no design reason for doing so. Its not a bug, but it does give you one more thing to look for when the next guy does this to himself.