Sc2 wont log in

Game worked fine yesterday morning but today it’s not authenticating (no errors, not logging in either).
This happens whether I launch it from the Blizzard app or by typing in my username and password in the game.

4 Likes

I am on the same boat, it was working completely fine yesterday during the day. I am now unable to log in and its saying Authentication. I am able to log into Overwatch, but not Starcraf II.

Me too, I’m able to log into Diablo3, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, & Overwatch.
Not Starcraft 2.

Ok guys, thanks to a dude on reddit I found the fix. Go into your sc2 folder, delete the sc2 regions.xml file.

It will fix the problem. Happy bopping

1 Like

I don’t see it in my sc2 folder.

I hope theres another solution.

anything that says regions either text or XML. Its in there.

You might think I am crazy, but I checked, did a search on my computer for.
‘regions.xml’ and nothing popped up.
I did a search through the sc2 and nothing.

I searched my comp for regions as well, couldn’t find anything. I can log in on EU just fine, but NA won’t let me.

I had this problem a couple hours ago. However, I can log in now, so maybe it’ll work for you too if you try logging in again!

Yep! just started working again! thanks!

Had the same problem yesterday. Couldn’t find region dot xml , regions dot xml , regions dot txt , or region dot txt. Worked later on yesterday

Problem is back now.

I am also having this problem and can’t find that regions file either on my entire computer.

And now it just worked. This is a very strange problem!

Yes it is. After 4-5 close and reopens, I was in too.

But only SC2. WoW has no issues like this.

I was out all afternoon & evening yesterday so I didn’t get a chance to try any of these suggestions but this morning I’m able to log into sc2 without issues, Blizz must have fixed something on their end :slight_smile:

I haven’t been able to log in since I don’t know when, it just hangs on authentication and goes right back to the login screen.

Have you tried everything listed here yet?