SC2 Startup Taking 5-10 Mins

I’m not sure if I am the only one having this issue here.

The summary is that after I have Bnet started up, I click on “Play” for SC2 and a window pops up (without any words / title) and there is a loading bar (totally filled already) and a cancel button. This was there in previous patches but it only lasted about 5-10 secs before the game boots up.

Right now after the new patch, it takes anywhere from 5-10 mins in order for the game to start up. Is there a reason why it is as such for this patch? Also curious if it is an issue only with me (then I know that it is specifically a Mac issue on my end).

Hope the community has input on this.

========================
< Details Rundown >

MacOS 10.14.6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

SC2 v4.12.1

========================

Seems like it was a patch issue. Happened with Windows as well.

Hope it gets fixed soon for Mac (since it has already been fixed for windows yesterday).

Just thought I share the reply from Support:

We are aware that there seems to be a problem in the Oceanic area at this time and we are investigating the situation though this may be related to a potential undersea damaged cable (though it is not sure at this time).

Using an alternate connection or even a VPN software can alleviate or solve the issue.

If your PC is a desktop I can understand that using a different connection may be a problem, but in extreme cases even just a mobile data connection should do.

You will have to change your phone into an hotspot, disconnect it from the local WiFi, and connect the PC to the internet through the phone. Do keep in mind that also the PC needs to be disconnected from the router. :slight_smile:

In alternative a VPN could do the trick as well, though I do not recommend to use any of the free options you may find around, as they are either congested or not real VPNs anyway.

Check for subscription based software that have free trials so that you can use the trial period to run the test.

Basically there are suspicions that this is due to a damaged underwater cable.

As of this post, I no longer have the issue, but hope it helps others who are having this issue.

Thanks for the report, Kyrie! This hasn’t been resolved for Windows yet. We have a thread going on here:

From what I’ve gathered, this problem seems to be tied in with a connectivity issue. Majority (but not all) of reports are coming from Europe and Asia from what I’ve gathered and this happens to me personally only when I’m using a VPN (with firewall restrictions) or remote service. Glad to hear it’s settled since!

For those experiencing issues, other workarounds other than an alternative connection or VPN has been to temporarily disconnect the connection while launching, then reconnecting once it’s launched. Our team is aware of the loading bar issue and investigating the problem.