SC2 is not dead, and it will stay alive!

SC2 is not dead, and it will be alive at least 5 years or even much more!

And the reasons are:

• The game gets balanced patches and new maps almost every year or even more ofthen sometimes (which is very important for SC2)

• Even after serious cut of Blizzard funding, the game has a lot of online and lan tournaments, which are very fun to watch (a lot more fun than when the game was broken in the past)

• We have veteran players that are from day one of the game, that are still improving and love the game (name some games that have pro playeres like that, after 14 years, besides Brood War or WarCraft 3, I know it is going to be hard even getting a few games in that sense, especially in the RTS field).

• We have new young talented pro players that made it to the very top in a fast, convincing and amazing way like: Clem, Reynor, Max Pax etc.

• The game is much more blanced than before.

• You can still find ladder games pretty fast, which is amazing after a decade and a half.

• We still have a lot of veteran and relative new pro casters / comentators that are also key to the game being alive.

• ZeroSpace and StormGate should’ve been the nail coffin, you know what, we seen these 2 games and played them, and though they are somewhat fun and should be even better, on their full release. We can all agree, it is not even close to SC2.

• SC2 fan base and players all thoughnot as big, they always have been proven to support SC2: by funding/donating to tournaments, pro steamers/casters, and pro players.

Please I want to hear your rebutalls, and opinions!

Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

Alive for only Protoss player

2 Likes

I am Not a Protoss player!

Tell me honestly: why have you created this thread ?
To convince us the game is alive or to convince yourself ? Sounds to me like you’re afraid the game is dying so you made this thread to comfort yourself with the hopes that some people will agree to it.

I can give you few counter arguments SC2 is in a very bad shape and slowly (and inevitably heads towards its end:

• ladder population is very low (90k according to SC2pulse) - it’s pretty much almost unplayable until you’re seasoned master vet with lots of skill and experience to deal with smurfs/hackers/bots etc.
  • serious cut of Blizzard funding is the beginning of the end. SC2 still has lot of tournaments but without big money it won’t stay afloat for too long.
  • If Stormgate and Zerospace are successful, they will be nail to the coffin of SC2, guaranteed.

Where ? Ladder ? E-sport ? Semi-pro level ? Zergs are still ravaging premier tournaments despite them dominating the scene in the last 7 years and they are STILL receiving buffs (!) Ultras, broods, and most recently infestor.

Well, nowhere near as much as during golden era of SC2 - Artosis, Day[9], Tasteless, Apollo, Kaelaris are all gone. Correct me if i’m wrong.

The only thing that i agree with you is that indeed, most hardcore, loyal and devoted fans will support this game and perhaps that is the reason why SC2 isn’t dead YET.

Regards

1 Like
  • Tell me one RTS Game that you can find a game faster on ladder, (and the RTS to be at least 1 year in the market.
  • Actually SC2 is receving match more funding than people expected, from SC2 community. Even the GSL team was surprised when they were funded for first season and almost second season in just a few weeks, from the comunity.

Nothing is guaranteed in life.

And especially that these 2 games become succesful, that doensn’t mean anything.
They will never be succesful on the Scale as SC2.
And how long? They will probably fade way fast like other RTS games, and the player base will switch back to SC2.

Why I am afraid? There are more points I gave you, than you gave to me.
I don’t care how many agree with me.
It is been probably an year since I posted anything on SC2 fourums and there are very few active people on these forums. ( A lot more are active on Reddit)

I posted, because it is what I believe in. And that is what I’ve always done when posting. If I am not sure or afraid, I would right that, and ask for opinions.
This is not CNN or Fox News kid, people write what they beileve and their opinions on forums, that is the whole point.

1 Like
  • Tasteless is active, have you watched this Thursday’s GSL? I mean come on man.

• Apollo is in production, but he still in the SC2 scene, but he is not a caster at the moment at all, so that doesn’t count.

• Artosis said that he is ready to do SC2 casting again if he asked, as far as I know he never left SC2 casting for real, he just left Korea.

• Kaelaris is the host to SC2 IEM Katowice every year, and he will host other ESL big tournaments from time to time. So you can not say he is gone from the SC2 scene.

Actually there are so many relative new casters like SteadFast, BeoMulf, LowKo, RifKin, winter etc, not to mention the pro players who also are casting now and are doing an amazing job as well like: Reynor, Lambo, Harstem.

(There are so many casters in the scene, big names like: Demu, Nathanias and LowKo are not always present at the big tournaments.)

1 Like

Tasteless and Artosis are casting SC2 occasionally. Their primary game is Broodwar.
Apart from IEM Katowice i haven’t seen Kaelaris cast in a long time. Those casters you mentioned aren’t SC2 commentators on a daily basis. They only cast if there is some very big tournament/event.

Whatever. Aside from casters and funds, my definition of “alive/dead” is how many people PLAY it. I don’t care if million people is watching GSL. As long as they are not playing the game, they are considered inactive. Ladder is played by 90k people - dropped from 350k peak around 2019-2020. For me that’s more than enough to conclude game (or at least ladder) is in the gutter. Simply nobody new wants to play. We can’t attract new players.

I hope your wish comes true and SC2 will be alive for couple more years but don’t be disappointed if it dies sooner than you think. Best of luck.

2 Likes

If you discount Serral, how true is this?

Because when I last ran these numbers, Zerg was extremely disfavored if you took out the best player from each race, because Serral was just that much better than everyone else with, if memory serves, a 90% game win rate in tournaments.

I’ve seen War3 and AOE2HD matchmake at the same pace, but no others due to lack of personal interest.

“cut blizzard funding” and “excellent community funding” are not mutually exclusive and the former means the company has little faith in the game making meaningful money. There will be holdouts, but there are holdouts for anything, even Pong (1972).

This is important to note as well. Because SC2 has “low population” the matchmaking breadth is wide from the get-go. With higher populations you get good matchmaking much more frequently in the same amount of time waited.

–
I don’t think SC2 is dead, but it is waning, simply because the number of people who will play a thousand games of ladder in a year will almost certainly not be increasing in any meaningful capacity without some major event or overhaul happening.

The noncompetitive players will always be the larger group and even then, there’s open arcade lobbies that take significantly long to fill up basically no matter when you check.

2 Likes
  • WarCarft 3 is a blizzard game, next you will say Brood War ? That is actually laughable that you mentioned that.

• AOE2HD community is very very small compared to SC2.
    Plus I’ve seen that it takes a while to get a match, multiple times.

Not true, actually what kept SC2 alive and is keeping alive, is new players are coming in the scene constantly.

You should check your facts, not just imagine and speculate things.

Thanks for the dose of delusion. Sc2 tournaments are on the brink of bankruptcy and we are pretending the game is in a healthy state. Ok. What’s next, bigfoot is real & you’ve seen him? Lol. The game’s talent is jumping ship. Artosis went back to broodwar. Maru has announced he is going back too. Sc2 streamers are playing dota and aoe and other games. The games popularity has plummeted to new lows in terms of active players & number of games played per day. If you can’t see the truth when it’s this obvious, you are legitimately blind.

1 Like

Man, these are your arguments? it is a waste of time talking to you.

Ok, Artosis went to Canada and streaming, 100% death of SC2, you are a joke!

When was Maru into Brood War ? What Maru announced?
I can Not even find on internet what are you claming.

Are you like pathological liar? or what the hell is your problem?

Artosis literally cast some SC2 the other day. He does primarily play and cast BW though.

This was 6 days ago: Twitch
sc2 cast about an hour in.

I haven’t seen anything on this either.

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly this guy “Adventurer” is just stating false information. Which is both sad and misleading.

Yeah, Artosis never officialy left the SC2 scene, that is what I said previously on this forum topic, but this guy still pushes this as his argument.

This isn’t new for BatZ. You gotta filter the bull from the truth, which with him isn’t the easiest thing to do given how he tends to waffle on and obfuscate with literally every post he makes. I tend to ignore 99% of what he says. The other 1 % is sheer curiosity that makes me look.

3 Likes

That is a God dam good Strat!

2 Likes

You can’t be serious. Artosis left GSL because he knew GSL was in free fall. BuT ArTy PoStS aN OcCaSiOnAl ViDEo On YOuTuBe give me a break.

Not my problem. Maru is practicing full time to be a broodwar pro, this will be his last GSL and he really isn’t practicing hard for this GSL either because his focus is broodwar.

Your confidence drastically exceeds your game knowledge.

1 Like

Kid you said this (the satatement above), Maru is coming back to Brood War.

And NOW you are writing: “Not my problem”

Yes, it is your problem.

(Or that was not you, but your evil twin brother said that Maru is coming to Brood War? and that is why it is not your problem???)