Saves fail/succeed No campaign progress

Im resorting to the forums as a last resort since I have received so far no support about this issue despite reporting it, the game is not saving games correctly.
Im running SCII on windows 10, the game starts up correctly and Im able to play the campaign, however when I try to save it says save failed, and after I finish the current mission, it does not allow me to progress on the campaign, no matter how many times I complete it.
the game saves succesfully or fails depending on its whims, absolutely no reason why sometimes it does succeed or fail, I tried to reinstall it and still saves failed, not to mention I lost all save games, I started the new campaign since this was the original objective but now I played the HotS campaign to find out it did not save my game DESPITE saying save successful, how more bugged can this game be?

3 Likes

I too have had problems with saving the game. I can progress once each scenario is completed, but I cannot save part way through a campaign scenario.

Also, Heart of the Swarm does not start up at all. I have tried tech support, and it directs me to the forums.

Yeah, as far as Ive searched there has been some issues since about 2-3 months? but there has been no definite answer from blizzard, right now the game is completely unplayable for me at least

Howdy!

We’ve seen certain actions result in the game failing to save, if the following conditions are met:

• You start a mission, save the game and at some point load this save without quitting the mission.
  • You Finish that mission after loading. At the end of the game menu that appears after the mission is done if you select: “Start again” button.

We do not have an outstanding general bug though simply not being able to save progress in a mission you just started without the conditions above occurring. In this case that would mean the game is running into a permission issue accessing the Document’s folder, for example, if you have the folder backed up to OneDrive or another background application may cause this type of conflict. Another reason would be a general permission issue with the current Windows profile.

I would recommend trying the following steps:

1. If you are using backup software make sure the (C:\Users[Windows UserName]\Documents\StarCraft II) folder is excluded from being backed up. Then delete the folder from one drive. Link on how to do this for OneDrive can be found Here. Make sure to exclude back up of the StarCraft II folder within Documents.

2. Try playing the game under a new Administrator account following the steps Here. Start a fresh mission, save it without loading a mission.

If the issue continues I would recommend to open a ticket with our support team. You can do this Here.

Thank you.

Thanks, Ill try and report back.
I have tried to initiate a new campaign after reinstalling the game, but despite saving succesfuly, the saves disappear, and thus progress is lost.

1 Like

Solved the issue, apparently windows 10 controls access to certain folders, so go into windows defender and look for controlled folder access
Steps
-Virus & Threat protection
-Ransomware Protection
-Uncheck Controlled Folder Access

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! I’ll add this to our internal information.

1 Like

Can confirm this works. Same problem (which also applied to my replays, hotkey profile, etc.) and has been bothering me for like a week, now!

This has happened to me with custom (MODDED) campagin StarCraft Mass recall and it happens to me on Windows 8.1 ALWAYS!

I will try to see if there is a “controlled folder access” option on my windows 8.1 and even if it exists, I doubt it’s enabled because I don’t believe Windows would have such an option enabled by default.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.